Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: I believe the Beale codes and story is.......

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • True, just as it was written.

15 25.42%
  • Partially true, but relating to a different event.

14 23.73%
  • A complete fabricated hoax.

18 30.51%
  • A fabricated hoax that still contains two real unsolved messages.

12 20.34%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beale Poll....Fact or Fiction?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1155 times

Re: Beale Poll....Fact or Fiction?

KK, you are correct that the DOI (Declaration of Independence) was "utilized" for BC #2... HOWEVER! MY point is getting OUTSIDE of the "BOX" of the "JOB PRINT" (TJB letters, the Cipher(s), etc. in the BEALE PAPERS), and looking at subsequent "LOCAL" research (including the FED/NSA folks).

Kentucky Kache

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC
    KK, you are correct that the DOI (Declaration of Independence) was "utilized" for BC #2... HOWEVER! MY point is getting OUTSIDE of the "BOX" of the "JOB PRINT" (TJB letters, the Cipher(s), etc. in the BEALE PAPERS), and looking at subsequent "LOCAL" research (including the FED/NSA folks).
    I don't disagree with that.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1155 times

Kentucky Kache

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Kache
    So there you go... ONLY the CIPHERS will do, then! ALL "stuck" in the BOX of BEALE PAPERS! LOL...
    Nope, just talking about possibilities. But the one paper that was decoded was certainly in the box, right?
    No, as a matter of fact the iron box only contained 8 sheets of cipher papers, the letters Robert Morris received from Thomas J. Beall and the two pieces of paper that should be the "KEY" in disguise.

The deciphered code paper number 2 was first printed in the Job Print Pamphlet either in 1883 and/or 1885. The author deciphered code paper number 2 and James Beverly Ward was agent for the author.
    Point is, either it's part of the Beale story, or it isn't.

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2668 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Kache
    So there you go... ONLY the CIPHERS will do, then! ALL "stuck" in the BOX of BEALE PAPERS! LOL...
    Nope, just talking about possibilities. But the one paper that was decoded was certainly in the box, right?
    No, as a matter of fact the iron box only contained 8 sheets of cipher papers, the letters Robert Morris received from Thomas J. Beall and the two pieces of paper that should be the "KEY" in disguise.

The deciphered code paper number 2 was first printed in the Job Print Pamphlet either in 1883 and/or 1885. The author deciphered code paper number 2 and James Beverly Ward was agent for the author.
    So are you saying C2 was never in the box, and that the "key" to the remaining ciphers was already in the box?
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1155 times

I see where the "confusion" is... KK is chatting about the "box" ("being confined to" a set "matrix"), and Franklin is chatting about the IRON BOX alluded to in the BEALE PAPERS. The DOI was utilized to decipher BC # 2, and THAT is what I am referring to. Franklin DOES bring up a GREAT point, tho; the MYSTERY of the IRON BOX!

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2668 times

An Otey Family in southeast Roanoke had this iron box in the early 1960's, that is where George Hart told her she would find it. It was in a descendants family of John Buford Otey. John Buford Otey married Angelina Brown. They went to St. Louis, Mo. in the 1840's in search of the "KEY" to the Beale Cipher Code. There their daughter Harriett meet up with James Beverly Ward at Jefferson Barracks and they were married.
    Franklin, I have just one last question.
    God forbid, on down the road, should someone else operating on a different theory actually find a vault loaded with gold, can we get our money back on the purchase of the CD?
    (Just kidding )

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1155 times

Q

LOL!

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2668 times

I was just looking at all the past threads on this mystery that have been posted over the years and one thing becomes very obvious.......the Beale mystery has never been a very popular mystery when compared to the other legends. I think that speaks volumes in regards to how believable the masses think it is. (Silly people! )

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1155 times

So, bs... YOU think we are ALL silly ppl, eh? VERY JUDGMENTAL "value statement"; show YOUR "proof" of a hoax. TY! The "Topic" is... BEALE CODES & STORY; I recken YOU figure the ORIGINAL "story" and cipher(s) are a hoax... based on WHAT?

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2668 times

So, bs... YOU think we are ALL silly ppl, eh? VERY JUDGMENTAL "value judgment"; show YOUR "proof" of a hoax. TY! The "Topic" is... BEALE CODES & STORY; I recken YOU figure the ORIGINAL "story" and cipher(s) are a hoax... based on WHAT?
    No...no.....I was suggesting, "They're silly people for not believing there's something to the tale!" I may have made earlier comment that there is strong argumentative evidence of a hoax, but personally I believe there's a whole lot more to the story.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1155 times

OK, THAT said... I agree; there IS "something out there". What I think is IMPORTANT, also... is that we MAY have to separate the "Beale Story" from the "BT" (Beale Treasure). For example, the "BT" in Old City Cemetery MAY have been the $$$$$$$$$$$$ from the banks of Richmond, VIRGINIA after the capital of VIRGINIA "fell". Lynchburg, VIRGINIA was the LAST state capital of VIRGINIA, as Prez. Jeff Davis fled SOUTH, with the CSA Treasury, but then... THAT is ANOTHER story. "BT" in Old City Cemetery MAY have been recovered to utilize in the rebuilding of Richmond, VIRGINIA during the Reconstruction - POST "Confederate War"; it IS interesting that CSA General Jubal Early lived and died here in Lynchburg, VIRGINIA, after the "War", and was stated to have met KGC/Copperheads up north... what did he know? ALSO, Gen. TT Munford had a "unit" as alleged guards for the "Beale Treasure" buried near Boonesboro (northwest of Lynchburg/northeast Bedford County, VIRGINIA on Fleming/Jackson
    Mountain, near NO BUSINESS Mountain in northeast Bedford County, along the James River... which I am doing R & I on. Neither Gen. Early, nor Gen. Munford ever SURRENDERED! Apparently, they STILL wanted to fight, and hoped that the provisions of the "BT" would enable it; once the "dream" was over, a "pre-selected" group of ppl MAY have known about "BT", and the BEALE PAPERS was leaked to the LOCAL market in 1885, with a "cover story". The US Gov't via NSA looked for "it"; NEVER finding "it" (last report in the 1940's, I think). FINALLY, Pauline (with "connections" to NSA, and various folks like the Friedmans), released the "story" to the "mass market", with GOLD IN THE BLUE RIDGE. As YOU now know... THE REST IS HISTORY; VERY mysterious, tho!

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2668 times

The entire Virginia region is loaded with history, but I don't think the real substance (meat and potatoes) behind the Beale souce originated anywhere close to it.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1155 times

DO tell us MORE! Looking for the GRAVY!

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2668 times

2011 – 1885 = 126 years
    In that 126 years, “thousands” of both amateur and professional researchers, including government sources, have applied every resource and the highest technology while investigating the story in the Beale Pamphlet, and yet to date, “Nothing of any true significance has ever been found to establish that there ever was a man named Thomas Jefferson Beale, nor has there ever been anything of any real significance ever discovered to tie any of Bedford County’s residents to the story, other then the original names in the pamphlet, the agent Ward, and the publisher, Sherman.”

Conclusion 1)....there was no true name, Thomas Jefferson Beale fitting the description offered in the pamphlet. If there had been some positive trace of him would have most certainly been found by now.

Conclusion 2) ….the party of thirty men were not from Bedford County, Virginia, if they had been at least a few of them and their connection to the party would have been “positively” identified by now. And why do I say this: In 1818-1820 the population density of Bedford County was roughly 25 people per square mile, with most of these people living in, or in close proximity to, established communities. Thirty local men from the region could not have departed on this grand journey, (some of them twice) without their presence being missed, made note of, and talked about.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsors