Youve Solved It!.....now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've Solved It!.....now what?

Here's a scenario I've been thinking about recently, read it over and give it some careful thought before you reply;

Let's say you found the key to the codes and you've deciphered the remaining two ciphers, and lets say that in doing so you've discovered that the vault was indeed real. Now let's go a step further and let's say that you've inspected the location as best you can and it appears that the vault and the loot might still there, however, gaining access to the property is going to take some major negotiating. So here's the question:
"What would you do next? Where would you go from here?"

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Re: You've Solved It!.....now what?

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D "Sit" on the location info, and "wait it out"; other-wise, you might "upset the natives"! :D

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D "Sit" on the location info, and "wait it out"; other-wise, you might "upset the natives"! :D

Well, I was thinking that there are thirty "associates" who were suppose to get their share, so right away you're going to have an entire host of descendents suing to get their share. Then I'd say it's a pretty good bet that there are some "historical item" type laws that are going to get tossed at you, etc., etc., etc. By the time all of this is settled you might just discover that it would have been better to just write a "Pamphlet" and leave it in the ground. :dontknow: :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:D YEP! If you are in Bedford County, VIRGINIA... you would have Bedford County, VIRGINIA laws, state of VIRGINIA laws, and FED Laws to "contend" with! LOTS of "hush-Hush" stuff goes on... :wink:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The issues that arrive from a proposed discovery like this are endless. And the worst part, you have to have all the legal bases covered before you can even peek inside to see if it's still there. $$$$$$$$$$$

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

bigscoop:

I know it's only speculation but say you solved the code. Then you discover
the vault is real. How do you jump from a puzzle to authenticity of a cache
you have have not seen, touched or sniffed?
Seems to me you are concluding the legend is valid prior to establishing the
actual existence of said cache.
A simple reading of the yarn as originally written raises numerous alarms as
to it's authenticity. The starting point of any cache search is in the details of
the legend.

Good hunting,
lastleg

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lastleg said:
bigscoop:

I know it's only speculation but say you solved the code. Then you discover
the vault is real. How do you jump from a puzzle to authenticity of a cache
you have have not seen, touched or sniffed?
Good hunting,
lastleg

And that is exactly the "speculated" dilemma I was presenting with that last post. And the answer to your question is, "I have no idea how someone would deal with a situation where they have all the answers & facts but they can't gain access to the location to insure the cache is still there?" Would be quite a dilemma. :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D A GREAT question, tho... I would STILL get an attorney on my TEAM to "cover my bases". It may well be that "something" WAS in a NOW empty vault, and recovered by "descendants"; 1/2 the value to a land-owner for an empty vault... PFFFFTTTHH! That is why one must be CERTAIN of one's info. The "absent" land-owner may have found "it"... WHATEVER; how ya gonna prove it WAS the BT? :dontknow: I DO know that Peter Viemeister, in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, page 196, has a MAP of the Bedford County, VIRGINIA area with @ 16 "sites" of alleged Beale Treasure. :o MOSTLY Peaks of Otter "area", and WESTWARD to Montvale, VIRGINIA area (Bufords, Upper Goose Creek Valley, Blue Ridge Parkway, etc.). I DO believe a TEAM approach in THIS "case" is necessary; we have @ 2 "on the ground" guys, who also do Research & Investigation - ONE who covers Lynchburg, Va. to Montvale/Upper Goose Creek Valley area (me); and ONE who covers MAINLY Montvale, Va./Upper Goose Creek Valley/BRP, and "beyond". HOWEVER! On MY side of Bedford County (EASTERN, next to Lynchburg, VIRGINIA), the Beale Treasure is rumored to be in the Old City Cemetery in Lynchburg, VIRGINIA, was buried in a cave above Abert, VIRGINIA, buried on Trent Ferry Road, back in the woods next to the James River, on No Business Mountain, on Fleming/Jackson Mountain (across from Eagle Erie), ALL based on written AND oral "tradition". SO! With all this info plus NSA looking for "it"... it is NOT a hoax by proof; SOMETHING is "out there", and the US Gov't (NSA) has spent LOTS of $$$$$$$ looking for "it"! :o :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: Anyone? :wink:

K

Kentucky Kache

If I were to find a treasure of that size, why would it matter if I were not able to authenticate it? Yeah, it would make it worth more as the Beale treasure, but we're talking about a boat load of treasure here.
If I found an empty vault, then I would want to authenticate that. But then, that would only give me bragging rights...no treasure. It might help get other treasure hunting gigs.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

KK, what treasure? All I have seen is speculation, what ifs, maybe this,
maybe that. If you have reason to believe the legend is factual let's hear it.
I'm looking for evidence not a continuance of useless theories.

K

Kentucky Kache

lastleg said:

I'm not saying the treasure is real, just that IF I found such a huge treasure I may not be too concerned about authenticating it. I mean why would I want to give it up to the government to the tune of 30...50...100%? Any treasure, not just this one.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lastleg said:

Point understood. It can get redundant sometimes. But I also think hearing other ideas and theories can sometimes help to bring about new ideas and thoughts that can possibly be applied to our own efforts. Just because we don't accept the theory of another dosen't mean that we should blow off all the different directions and details that helped build that theory. If even just one small detail in their theory can help fill in a vacancy in our own efforts then the theory/idea was certainly worth exploring. It's all about the continued search for answers, and it's possible that those answers could come from the most unexpected places at anytime. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:icon_thumleft: I agree; subsequent R & I PROBABLY will ensure a POSSIBLE "solution"; gotta get out of the "BOX"
of BEALE PAPERS & BEALE CIPHER(S), tho. PERSONALLY, I don't think you NEED the BEALE CIPHER(S), and that "they" MAY be a "re-direct" or "distracting feature" based on the historical research, I have done. :coffee2: :read2:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC said:
:icon_thumleft: I agree; subsequent R & I PROBABLY will ensure a POSSIBLE "solution"; gotta get out of the "BOX"
of BEALE PAPERS & BEALE CIPHER(S), tho. PERSONALLY, I don't think you NEED the BEALE CIPHER(S), and that "they" MAY be a "re-direct" or "distracting feature" based on the historical research, I have done. :coffee2: :read2:

There's and old saying that goes something like this, "When the road traveled suddenly becomes a dead end, you probably turned off on the wrong road." :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:D HA! I like THIS "saying" BETTER... "The JOURNEY is MORE important, than the destination". :wink: :read2:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC said:
:D HA! I like THIS "saying" BETTER... "The JOURNEY is MORE important, than the destination". :wink: :read2:
That's a good one too! :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread