Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gb
    Jan 2011
    1 times

John Yates Bealle?

I read a theory that said the story was a CSA coverup for buried kgc treasure involing John Y Bealle. Anyone have any info or am i crazy?

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1169 times

Re: John Yates Bealle?

Sorta... you are NOT crazy. "Google"... "John Yates Beall". Don't think it was KGC; MORE like CSA "assets" (part of CSA Treasury & weapons").

Feb 2008
    215 times

The Beale Legend is nothing more than a cottage industry in Bedford, VA.
    Grown men are still supporting a debunked legend IMHO.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1169 times

ll, show your "debunked" info... TY.

Feb 2008
    215 times

Reb, I have actually read the yarn and concluded it is bogus. Also I posted my
    reasons for doubt. A 'true believer' came back with a quite different version of
    the legend that was very provoking. Yet it was filled with geneological errors
    and speculation. My "dog in the hunt" was portrayed as someone he wasn't.

I noticed that you have doubts also about what might be entombed in VA.
    We probably agree that the 'cover story' is filled with childish proclamations.
    And that is why I doubt the whole fable.

Best wishes,
    lastleg

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1169 times

I see... it is YOUR opinion; YOU just don't have any CONCRETE info for us, then.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1169 times

ll, what are the "childish proclamations", YOU have found; I can't find YOUR "insights" into the JOB PRINT (aka BEALE PAPERS), on THIS web-site (TN).

Feb 2008
    215 times

Reb, GO WEST YOUNG MAN. Show us the lowland placer fields
    described > Show me where gold laced with pure silver was dug in Nuevo
    Mexico. Without pick nor shovel, twas just lying about in profusion deluxe.
    Eastern playboys on the hunt for bear or buffler stumble into a treasure den
    of epic proportions. IZZAT the way it went?

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1169 times

Are THEY the "childish proclamations"? YOU are avoiding providing proof... I wanna read YOUR "insights"; NOT interested in going west, Lynchburg/Bedford County, VIRGINIA is "just alright with me".

Feb 2008
    215 times

Reb, I know you won't leave the Old Dominion but north of Santa Fe is the
    basis of the cover story you hold so dear.
    I feel that locale was picked out of thin air to bolster a parlor game, namely
    the Beale Codex.

Charter Member
    us
    treasurelagoon.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2672 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by lastleg
    Reb, I have actually read the yarn and concluded it is bogus. Also I posted my
    reasons for doubt. A 'true believer' came back with a quite different version of
    the legend that was very provoking. Yet it was filled with geneological errors
    and speculation. My "dog in the hunt" was portrayed as someone he wasn't.

I noticed that you have doubts also about what might be entombed in VA.
    We probably agree that the 'cover story' is filled with childish proclamations.
    And that is why I doubt the whole fable.

Best wishes,
    lastleg
    Oh, but there must be an ember of uncertainty within your doubt somewhere or you wouldn't be wasting your time here. No?
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1169 times

Beale Codex?

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1169 times

Getting back to JYB; sources indicated that John Yates Beall (sometimes spelled BEALE, with the 2nd "l" written small, looking like a "e"), was a REBEL privateer (paid PIRATE for CSA). He was "raiding & looting", harassing yanks (ships, etc), on the GREAT LAKES. IF... BEFORE he was caught & hung by the yanks, he sent a HUGE "stash of loot" (gold, silver, jewels) to Richmond, VIRGINIA to "add to" the CSA Treasury for the "war
    efforts"... it may well be that HIS portion of the CSA TREASURY was sent to Lynchburg/Bedford County, VIRGINA after the "fall of Richmond, VIRGINIA", as Lynchburg, VIRGINIA became the LAST capital of VIRGINIA... buried as the
    BEALE/BEALL TREASURE. Dunno. Coffee?

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    1169 times

MORE? I & R... JYB; DOB: 1/1/1835, DOD: (hung) 12/24/1864. Law Degree from UVA (founded by Thom. Jefferson - Charlottesville, VIRGINIA); farmer - JEFFERSON County, VIRGINIA (now, West Virginia). Born, then buried in JEFFERSON County, (NOW) West Virginia at Episcopal Church "yard"; tombstone is too "weathered" for me to read (sometimes, treasure "clues" are on 'em). CSA Privateer on Potomac River (near D.C.) & in Chesapeake Bay with easy "access" to Richmond, VIRGINIA via James River. WAS on the Great Lakes before he was caught & hung (was living in Canada). MORE, later... Coffee?

Feb 2008
    215 times

bigscoop:

No, I do not entertain any notion of the existence of a buried storehouse of
    gold and silver in Virginia as claimed in the original legend. I just can't find
    anyone willing to discuss it's merits. Surely you have taken the time to read
    about where this fortune was 'found' and have formed an opinion about the
    accuracy of same?

Nay, I shall hold thy feet to the fire untill this wretched yarn is exposed as
    fantasy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors