More From My Beale Research Vault.....The Lincoln Assassination

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Unknown Author?

(Over the years my research of the Beale papers has known no bounds. Here’s another area I explored that you might find interesting.)

This is an area within the Beale ciphers that has been the center of the debate between believers and none believers. Certainly there is a large amount of evidence pointing to John Sherman as he was a know moonlighting playwright in the newspaper business, the adds for the Beale Papers not showing up anywhere else other then in Sherman’s newspaper. J. B. Ward, the copyright holder of the Beale Papers, was also Sherman’s cousin. A good friend of mine, and a dedicated and knowledgeable Beale researcher, believes Sherman was the real author of the Beale Papers, and when we debate this opinion he carries a very strong arsenal of evidence supporting his position. “Treasure hunters,” he says, “will never stop believing and looking.” And he may be right, because after all, we treasure hunters can be a stubborn bunch. However, that’s not necessarily a bad thing in light of the many historical inaccuracies treasure hunters have revealed as a result of their relentless search for conclusive evidence and the truth. Until a treasure hunter sees conclusive proof, well then, it just ain’t so. And that’s just the way it is because that’s who we are. We’re bloodhounds to the very end.

Recently I saw where another treasure made the comment that he was, “still clinging to hope,” or something to that effect, and I know exactly how he feels. It seems in recent years the only theory that has been gaining strength is the John Sherman theory, and that my fellow treasure hunters is very worrisome, indeed. Like every other believer I’ve spent years pouring over information, so much so that there were times when I thought my were going to start pouring blood. I’ve turned over every stone I could think to turn and I’ve crawled into every crack of light I could find, no matter how faint. In all of this a lot of good possibilities were put together, a few of them are even excellent possibilities, and on or two are almost sure bets, but as of today, and in recent months, NOTHING! It’s like progress suddenly had four flats in the center of a deserted road. I hate the thought of believing that my friend might just be right, that there’s nothing there to be found. That it was all a big hoax. But in his defense, I can understand why he believes that’s the actual case. But even though John Sherman is continuing to gather most of the heat for the production of the Beale Papers, there is another possibility that is, perhaps, a lot more diabolical.

In the beginning of the Beale Papers it is suggested that one or more of us will hopefully make the, “connection” but perhaps we have missed that connection badly. In our pursuit of the truth we have searched high and low to connect the right letters to the right numbers, we have also searched high and low to connect the right people to the right source. But maybe, just maybe, what we were really being asked to do was to connect the people in that story to another well know event. Let me explain how this possibility has come about.

In the Beale Papers we see the names Morriss, a hotelkeeper, and we also see Buford’s Tavern and Inn. Of course there is also the infamous Thomas J. Beale. But there are also other names in the pamphlet, names that really didn’t have to be there, Chief Justice Marshall, Jackson, Clay, Coles, and Witcher. Was there a reason these particular names were included? Before we get to exploring this question let’s also realize that the entire story is based on the Declaration of Independence and that the said events took place near a town named, Liberty, which was located in the same county as the DIO’s author, Thomas Jefferson. Coincidence? Perhaps, but then again, maybe not. The other fact we know is that the Beale’s Paper’s were published in 1885, and this date as it turns out might also be of some significance. So maybe, if we allow ourselves to forget about the treasure for a while, we might just find the suggested connection in the above elements.

Many years ago, shortly after I started investigating the Beale Papers and the remaining ciphers, I remember wondering if the unknown author had included the names, Marshall, Jackson, Clay, Coles, and Witcher for a reason. Why was it significant for the unknown author to tell us that he had, “important business in Richmond?” And why did we need to know that a boarder was permitted to remain in someone’s house forextended years? Why did we need to know that Mrs. Morriss was a kind and exemplary woman? Why did we need to know all these intimate details? Could be the author have told us these intimate details because we need to know them, so we could make that connection he was challenging us to make. “iron pots with iron lids”…..etc., etc.

Another thing that constantly bothered me was the fact that none of thirty men were ever heard from again. Like everyone else I researched all the possibilities that came to mind, but honestly, none of these possible explanations seemed all that possible. Morriss never got his share, and I wondered about the reasons for that as well. The other thing I began to notice was all the evidence that suggested the unknown author already knew what was contained in the ciphers, as well as the entire truth behind the tale. So if this was the case then it simply had to be Sherman, right? I mean, J. B. Ward was his cousin so it only made sense that the moonlighting playwright had written the tale and gotten his cousin to copyright the Pamphlet and then act as the publication’s agent. This explains why the ads for the pamphlet only appeared in Sherman’s newspaper and nowhere else. Heck, it all made perfect sense, and yet it didn’t.

Why didn’t Sherman copyright the pamphlet and simply leave his name off the publication and use his cousin to act as its agent? If he wrote it and was expecting to profit from it then why didn’t he make sure he was the registered owner of the pamphlet? I like some of my cousins too, even trust a couple of them, but if I wrote and was expecting to profit from my labors, well, then I would at make sure that my name was listed as the pamphlet’s owner. I could still hide my name, especially in 1885 when access to that information was a bit more difficult. So if Sherman didn’t write the pamphlet then who did? And why? And why didn’t he put his name on that copyright? So did Sherman write the pamphlet? It’s possible, but in my mind, with what I know today, absolutely not!

Remember when the unknown author tells us that the members of his party were all capable men of means? Let’s take a moment and replace his description with a much simpler statement, “my partners were all capable, wealthy men.” So here we go, here comes the explaining of yet another fantastic possibility.

April 5th, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln is assassinated at Ford’s Theater in Washington, DC., by John Wilkes Booth. In April 1885, “exactly” twenty years past Lincoln’s assassination, the Beale Papers are offered to the public for the very first time, but only in the Lynchburg area. Why just the Lynchburg area? We’ll get to this a bit latter on, but first let’s compare the details in the Beale Papers to some of the details in the Lincoln assassination, starting with the description of Mr. Morriss.

Mr. Morriss: we know the general Beale version of the hotel keeper, his successes and failures, “…swept from him in a moment the savings of years, and left him nothing save his honor and the sincere sympathy of the community with which to start the battle anew.” Keep all of the details of Morriss’ life in mind.

And as for Mrs. Morriss, “As a wife she was without reproach, as a generous and sympathizing woman she was without an equal…” and also, “Seemingly unmindful of her condition, with a smiling face and cheering words, she so encouraged her husband that he become almost reconciled to his fate.”

And now for some amazing comparisons you may want to read about the history of Mary Surratt and her husband here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Surratt
(I guarantee you it will not disappoint. More later…….)

The description of Thomas Beale not only fits John Wilkes Booth perfectly, but the unknown author of the Beale pamphlet also includes the following in his description of Beale, “”His character soon became universally known…”

Chief Justice Marshall, Jackson, Clay, Coles, & Witcher…….you’ll really want to research their positions on slavery, and not just slavery, but also their positions on maintaining a balance between free states and slave states. How many of these men were slave owners, what was their position on Lincoln and the war, and the causes of that war. What you might find may surprise you.

The unknown author of the Beale Papers also tells us that in 1862 he had important business affairs in Richmond, if you follow the escape route of Booth and his small party you will find that it was in a direct line towards Richmond, their captures being made north and bit east of this important southern city. And there is more, much more, if you care to look for it.

There are 18 pages missing from the diary of John Wilkes Booth. Where are they and what did they say? Did these 18 pages provide a list of important contributors to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln? Are these the names that are in C3? And what about the iron pots that are suppose to be buried in Bedford county, the proverbial seat of the DOI and Liberty? During the civil war Virginia was home to the largest slave population in the entire country, heck, it was home to the largest slave population throughout the entire slavery period, and it was also home to some of the most wealthy and influential slave owners who despised Lincoln and the abolishment of slavery. Is this really where the wealth in the cast iron pots came from? Was this wealth perhaps payment for the killing of a president? Or was it possibly money that was set aside for that day when Lincoln was killed and, “the south would rise again?” If it’s still there after all these years, small wonder nobody would dare go near this catch of wealth after the killing of Lincoln as things didn’t quite turn out the way it had all had been planned. Is any of it a possibility? Is this what the Beale Papers are really all about? Is this why the unknown author even refused to attach his name to the copyright for the Beale Papers? You may shrug this possibility off but if you don’t take the time to research all the names and details and investigate all the comparisons then you might just be missing out on something that’s been right in front of us all along? Here’s a few more details associated with John Wilkes Booth:

Some critics called Booth "the handsomest man in America" and a "natural genius" and noted his having an "astonishing memory"; others were mixed in their estimation of his acting. He stood 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m) tall, had jet-black hair, and was lean and athletic. Noted Civil War reporter George Townsand described him as a "muscular, perfect man", with "curling hair, like a Corinthian capital".

Author Gene Smith wrote that Booth's acting may not have been as precise as his brother Edwin's, but his strikingly handsome appearance enthralled women. Thomas Beale was described as being quite a hit with the ladies.

After finishing the 1859–1860 theater season in Richmond, Virginia.

As the Civil War raged across the divided land in 1862, Booth appeared mostly in Union and border states. In January, he played the title role of Richard III in…..St. Louis. …….

Booth played a hectic schedule in the northeast. Each day he received fan mail from infatuated women.

In early 1863, Booth was arrested in St Louis while on a theater tour, when he was heard saying he "wished the President and the whole damned government would go to hell". Charged with making "treasonous" remarks against the government, he was released when he took an oath of allegiance to the Union and paid a substantial fine.

By targeting Lincoln and his two immediate successors to the presidency, Booth seems to have intended to decapitate the Union government and throw it into a state of panic and confusion. The possibility of assassinating the Union Army's commanding general as well was foiled when Grant mysteriously declined the theater invitation at his wife's insistence. Instead, the Grants departed Washington by train that evening for a sudden visit to relatives in New Jersey. (Grant died in 1885, just months after Lincoln was assassinated. You should read his bio, with an open mind.)

And there is more, a lot more for those who want to look for it. Also over a period of time, say months, or even weeks, one man could have taken receipt of the iron pots one at a time and hidden them by himself. There is a tone of detail comparisons and possibilities here. As you consider all of these details in this possibility, think of “all” the possible ramifications if the Beale ciphers contain information linking high ranking officials to Lincoln’s assassination, perhaps even Union officials? Curious that the Beale Papers were released exactly twenty years past Lincoln’s assassination. Is any of this the possible subject behind the Beale papers?

Going back to the first paragraph in this text, to my friend’s opinion that John Sherman wrote the Beale Papers, I would like to add the following entry from the Laffite memoirs. This entry was made in regards to Laffite’s preparation and activities during his departure from Galveston Island, and it reads; “I recommended to Mr. Hall, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Sherman, and those of Bolivar to keep our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places.” If John Sherman wrote the Beale Papers did he do it because he had spent a great deal of his life trying to decode three ciphers that were handed down to him by a possible Sherman connection from Galveston Island? This could explain a lot if this was the actual case, including John Sherman’s undying interest in writing treasure-related dime novels.

And this is the fascination, and danger, that is the Beale Papers. Pick any reasonable subject and you can find evidence to support that very possibility as being the true source behind the Beale Papers. I have piles of stuff like the following that always leave you guessing.

Attachments

• WantedPostersignature.jpg
    WantedPostersignature.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 812

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:D HA! You DO know that John Sherman was later committed to Western State Hospital in Staunton Va., don't cha? Taken by the SHERIFF of Lynchburg, Va. He was INSANE... BUT! STILL looking into it... I HAVE seen the old WSH, in fact... it was LATER Staunton Correctional Center (Prison)... VERY DEPRESSING place! :( :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D NOW! To the Lincoln Assassination "connection"; I suspect the "GENESIS" came from the alleged papers found on a dead yankee officer, advocating the assassination of Prez Jeff Davis & the BURNING of Richmond, Va. DAHLGREN PAPERS, I think... will find info. I DO believe the BEALE PAPERS allude to CSA "assets" and was written by one of the HUTTER BROS. in Lynchburg, Va., and that VATTEL'S LAW OF NATIONS (CSA SECRET book) saved from burning in Danville, Va. as yanks approached... SAVED by one of the HUTTER Bros. of Lynchburg, Va. Since the "BP" was done in 1885, PLENTY of time was "allowed" to ENCODE the "BP"; VLON was a BOOK CIPHER! :wink: Will find web-sites of "interest', that are CONGRUENT with what I have seen, heard, and READ, here in Lynchburg, Va. :wink:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D R & I - "Google" Dahlgren Affair - wiki :D ES Hutter & LAW OF NATIONS @ Descendants of Johann
Ludwiz Hutter, 1726; look at # 23 :wink: Author of BEALE PAPERS @ bealetreasurestory.com/id10.html :wink: AND! CONGRUENT with http://www.peterv.com/confed_treasure.htm :wink: CONFEDERATE TREASURE COVERUP: DUTY, HONOR & DECEIT by Peter Viemeister (RIP). :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:D HA! You DO know that John Sherman was later committed to Western State Hospital in Staunton Va., don't cha? Taken by the SHERIFF of Lynchburg, Va. He was INSANE... BUT! STILL looking into it... I HAVE seen the old WSH, in fact... it was LATER Staunton Correctional Center (Prison)... VERY DEPRESSING place! :( :dontknow:

He probably spent his time there scribbling a long series of numbers on the institution walls. :laughing7:

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some say its a Hoax Some say the treasure maybe from Jean Lafitte and buried in New Orleans not Virginia

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin said:
blackbeard1717 said:
Some say its a Hoax Some say the treasure maybe from Jean Lafitte and buried in New Orleans not Virginia

You should not watch Brad Meltzer's Decoded Period. The Beale Treasure is in Bedford County, Virginia or it is not at all.

Other then for entertainment purposes, I have to agree with your statement. The show is "entertainment based" and soleiy produced with that as it's top priority. Beyond what is obvious fact, I wouldn't put too much stock in what is presented on this show.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Scoop", anything more on the Lincoln assassination during the CONFEDERATE WAR?

Nothing too specific, other then Lincoln's "Green backs" threat, which created a lot of financial concerns and worries among the competing European countries, as well as here in the states. France was also very near "officially" supporting the southern states because of the economic woes the Civil War was causing in that country. There were many reasons why Lincoln's name wasn't on many of the various "friends list" but not enough evidence to single out one specific reason, or suspect, over the other. But it's a very interesting study into some fascinating possibilities. :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, My R & I indicate anti-Fed gov't thingie... state rights, etc. The BRITS supported CSA with $$$$$$$$$$$$, as did France. Lincoln was the "face" of CENTRAL gov't which France hated, and the BRITS wanted revenge for losing to USA, TWO times. AND! Lincoln did have yanks that hated him... known as COPPERHEADS/PEACE DEMOCRATS; THEY were northern KGC, HA! Even TJ was anti-Fed, wasn't he?

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of interesting possibilities for sure, also a lot of uncommonly touted CW era history once you get digging into it. But, also a lot of speculation as to what could have been, or may have been. :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(Coffee & a WINK) DYN? That during the CONFEDERATE WAR (towards the "end"... 1865), Baltimore, Md. and points SOUTH (EAST of DC) were "REBEL territory? DC was SURROUNDED by REBS! HA! 18 missing pages COULD have been listing of Yanks/REBS... directions to homes, "safehouses", etc., torn out to catch the conspirators; look who was hung; who was imprisoned. I even read where US Sec. of War Stanton was involved, against Lincoln; that "glint of gold" could have been the gun shot that killed Lincoln, DUNNO.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) MAYBE, BC # 3 HAD the listing of CONSPIRATORS! (SHOCKED look)

Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats kool, good R& I,but, not the Beale treasure maybe some other,donno.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
April 5th, 1865, President Abraham Lincoln is assassinated at Ford’s Theater in Washington, DC., by John Wilkes Booth. In April 1885, “exactly” twenty years past Lincoln’s assassination, the Beale Papers are offered to the public for the very first time, but only in the Lynchburg area. Why just the Lynchburg area? We’ll get to this a bit latter on, but first let’s compare the details in the Beale Papers to some of the details in the Lincoln assassination, starting with the description of Mr. Morriss.

Mr. Morriss: we know the general Beale version of the hotel keeper, his successes and failures, “…swept from him in a moment the savings of years, and left him nothing save his honor and the sincere sympathy of the community with which to start the battle anew.” Keep all of the details of Morriss’ life in mind.

And as for Mrs. Morriss, “As a wife she was without reproach, as a generous and sympathizing woman she was without an equal…” and also, “Seemingly unmindful of her condition, with a smiling face and cheering words, she so encouraged her husband that he become almost reconciled to his fate.”

And now for some amazing comparisons you may want to read about the history of Mary Surratt and her husband here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Surratt
(I guarantee you it will not disappoint. More later…….)

The description of Thomas Beale not only fits John Wilkes Booth perfectly, but the unknown author of the Beale pamphlet also includes the following in his description of Beale, “”His character soon became universally known…”

Chief Justice Marshall, Jackson, Clay, Coles, & Witcher…….you’ll really want to research their positions on slavery, and not just slavery, but also their positions on maintaining a balance between free states and slave states. How many of these men were slave owners, what was their position on Lincoln and the war, and the causes of that war. What you might find may surprise you.

The unknown author of the Beale Papers also tells us that in 1862 he had important business affairs in Richmond, if you follow the escape route of Booth and his small party you will find that it was in a direct line towards Richmond, their captures being made north and bit east of this important southern city. And there is more, much more, if you care to look for it.

There are 18 pages missing from the diary of John Wilkes Booth. Where are they and what did they say? Did these 18 pages provide a list of important contributors to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln? Are these the names that are in C3? And what about the iron pots that are suppose to be buried in Bedford county, the proverbial seat of the DOI and Liberty? During the civil war Virginia was home to the largest slave population in the entire country, heck, it was home to the largest slave population throughout the entire slavery period, and it was also home to some of the most wealthy and influential slave owners who despised Lincoln and the abolishment of slavery. Is this really where the wealth in the cast iron pots came from? Was this wealth perhaps payment for the killing of a president? Or was it possibly money that was set aside for that day when Lincoln was killed and, “the south would rise again?” If it’s still there after all these years, small wonder nobody would dare go near this catch of wealth after the killing of Lincoln as things didn’t quite turn out the way it had all had been planned. Is any of it a possibility? Is this what the Beale Papers are really all about? Is this why the unknown author even refused to attach his name to the copyright for the Beale Papers? You may shrug this possibility off but if you don’t take the time to research all the names and details and investigate all the comparisons then you might just be missing out on something that’s been right in front of us all along? Here’s a few more details associated with John Wilkes Booth:

Some critics called Booth "the handsomest man in America" and a "natural genius" and noted his having an "astonishing memory"; others were mixed in their estimation of his acting. He stood 5 feet 8 inches (1.73 m) tall, had jet-black hair, and was lean and athletic. Noted Civil War reporter George Townsand described him as a "muscular, perfect man", with "curling hair, like a Corinthian capital".

Author Gene Smith wrote that Booth's acting may not have been as precise as his brother Edwin's, but his strikingly handsome appearance enthralled women. Thomas Beale was described as being quite a hit with the ladies.

After finishing the 1859–1860 theater season in Richmond, Virginia.

As the Civil War raged across the divided land in 1862, Booth appeared mostly in Union and border states. In January, he played the title role of Richard III in…..St. Louis. …….

Booth played a hectic schedule in the northeast. Each day he received fan mail from infatuated women.

In early 1863, Booth was arrested in St Louis while on a theater tour, when he was heard saying he "wished the President and the whole damned government would go to hell". Charged with making "treasonous" remarks against the government, he was released when he took an oath of allegiance to the Union and paid a substantial fine.

By targeting Lincoln and his two immediate successors to the presidency, Booth seems to have intended to decapitate the Union government and throw it into a state of panic and confusion. The possibility of assassinating the Union Army's commanding general as well was foiled when Grant mysteriously declined the theater invitation at his wife's insistence. Instead, the Grants departed Washington by train that evening for a sudden visit to relatives in New Jersey. (Grant died in 1885, just months after Lincoln was assassinated. You should read his bio, with an open mind.)

And there is more, a lot more for those who want to look for it. Also over a period of time, say months, or even weeks, one man could have taken receipt of the iron pots one at a time and hidden them by himself. There is a tone of detail comparisons and possibilities here. As you consider all of these details in this possibility, think of “all” the possible ramifications if the Beale ciphers contain information linking high ranking officials to Lincoln’s assassination, perhaps even Union officials? Curious that the Beale Papers were released exactly twenty years past Lincoln’s assassination. Is any of this the possible subject behind the Beale papers?
... I would like to add the following entry from the Laffite memoirs. This entry was made in regards to Laffite’s preparation and activities during his departure from Galveston Island, and it reads; “I recommended to Mr. Hall, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Sherman, and those of Bolivar to keep our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places.” ...

And this is the fascination, and danger, that is the Beale Papers. Pick any reasonable subject and you can find evidence to support that very possibility as being the true source behind the Beale Papers. I have piles of stuff like the following that always leave you guessing.
Once upon a time the word "swarthy" in the Beale Papers was referenced to John Wilkes Booth.
An example on how facts can be arranged to fit a pet theory as Brad Andrews warned.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Why Lynchburg, Va.? Lynchburg, Va. was the LAST state capital of Virginia... April 7-10, 1865. Musta been looking for something "left behind", eh...? HINT: CSA TREASURY from Richmond "Stores" for WESTERN portion of Virginia.; Lynchburg, Va., Lexington, Va., VMI. Had to shake the "family tree" to get the info (Hutter Family); "connected" to JAMES BEVERLY RISQUE! (Playing All in the Family "Theme song"). So was James Beverly Ward; STILL looking for the RAGLAND FAMILY PAPERS, heh...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread