For those who have SUPPOSABLY solved the Beale Cyphers

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
If you think you've solved this mystery, do some of us a favor. Share a bit of info. OK what I mean is you figured out the codes so tell us who is named on the list of recipiants. And how you think they tie in to the mystery. Im not asking about the way you figured it out or the locale. The locale is all yours for your work. Good luck with your diggings.

I have a theory for the key but have not put it to the test as of yet. I need to find 2 items to do so.

And I want to thank everyone who has posted on this topic. You all have had very interesting veiws ei; Allenroyboy, Rebel KGC (love the comments), Bigscoop, and many others.

I'll admit I'm new to this adventure and find it addicting. For me learning all the history around some mysteries, especially this one is very gratifying.

To those waiting on land owner permission, I wish you the best.

HH Jay

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D Welcome, Tat2... Yes, there ARE many "viewpoints"; for me PERSONALLY, I don't worry about the Beale Ciphers nor Code(s)... The BEALE PAPERS even warned us NOT to (spend TOO much time on 'em). Being a "local" (Lynchburg/Bedford County, VIRGINA), I have MORE "resources" to do R & I... AND! The REST is HISTORY! IF... you ARE inclined to "do the ciphers"... WHICH one? BEALE CIPHERS or HAZLEWOOD/HART CIPHERS? BOTH are NUMBERS! :wink: :coffee2: Coffee? :wink:

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Reb....great hearing from ya. Your not far from my old stomping grounds, Nokesville. I would just love to hear what some of the folks think they figured out. The Hazelwood/Hart sounds like the best to use from what I'm reading here. Personally Im starting to beleive theres nothing in the numbers but alot to be found regarding solving the Beale or Beall mystery. I myself for now, will persue a view that the goverment was involved. And our Beale Party was one segment of what was happening in the spanish territory and what will become Missouri. Im getting tanked up on :coffee2: so I can get to :read2: .

As to what Im asking from the first post, the people who are to benefit from the treasure would be great to hear about. And how they tie to this time in history and Beale. To be honest we won't see what Im asking for, because it hasnt been figured out, IMO.

But like I said I love learning the history around this.

:thumbsup:HH :thumbsup: Jay

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Yeah, seems everyone who has or is, studying the code or codes, whichever, all think they have an theory on the mystery. I have studied and tried to solve the mystery for over 20 years now. I won't say have solved it or that I am even close to solving it, but what I will say is I have an theory also. At first, I thought it was just a document aimed at being a way to lead people astray, away from the actual treasure, and yes, I do believe there was once a treasure buried there. With the governments involvement, I am not sure it exists anymore. An army base was constructed on the hilltop above Peaks of Otter, giving those who were stationed there ample time to retrieve and conceal it elsewhere. I am now working on another theory of why it is still there. I don't think they have cracked the code yet because I read an article which stated that they were using this code to teach recruits in their crytology courses. If they are doing this, then they are most likely trying to see if someone can luck up and hit the code. Young recruits taking this course could just happen up on the key and solve it. I am not working on the code so much now as I am taking another route to solve the mystery. Good Luck. rockhound

allan

Oct 7, 2008
Vega Baja
One way to grade a test is to have the answers before the test is taken,otherwise the test would be ungradeable other than the course of action taken to come up with the given results. it is more than likely gone

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D INDEED! There is NO hill top above the Peaks of Otter; SHARP TOP is the HIGHEST, and only BLUE SKY is above Peaks of Otter. On the OTHER hand, if you mean NORTH of Peaks of Otter on BRP... there IS a US Air Force radar station...with a SMALL "crew"; mainly COMPUTERIZED! How I know? Used to work for USDA, looking for Gypsy Moths, back in the early 70's, and it was my "southern area"; BEEN THERE, DONE THAT! Roanoke, Va. was my HQ. Sugar Grove, W.Va. was a SECRET US NAVY Radar station with LOTS of Navy (guys & gals) there; it was my "northern area"... :wink: :coffee2: Coffee? :hello2:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Yes, it is an air force installation, north of peaks of otter, but also they have underground bunkers there set up for high ranking officials, in case of some major disaster, or nuclear war. It is stockpiled with food, water and provisions as is the one under the Denver airport and in the rocky mountains. Also one in the Nevada desert and in California. I don't know how many people are permanently stationed there, but I am sure there are enough to transport the treasure out if found. I do know that the CIA has been working on this code with super computers for a long time. They are interested in the code as well as the treasure. Some words have been broken from the codes but I don't know if they have found enough to locate the treasure or not. I will post a few that I know has been found, GOAT, QUETZAL, FINCASTLE, NW, and ROAD. Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct me if I'm wrong but did I read somewhere that Beale was a Mason??? If so where were the lodges in the Lynchburg area back then??? Would it have been DC???

HH Jay

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Been gone a few days. Had a death in the family and have been remodeling my house. I do have sources but right now I couldn't tell you where they are. Everything is in such of a disorder that it may be a while before I can locate them. The words that were broken from the code were from two different code breakers. One was a McFarland and the other name escapes me right at the moment. When I get organized, I will attempt to locate and post all the information. Good Luck. rockhound

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Rockhound,
We'll keep you in our prayers. We also look forward to seeing some of your info.

HH & God Bless Jay

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone will ever tell how the name code is to be solved. Think about it :dontknow: why give out the name list , you are asking for many years in court with hundreds of people trying to file a claim. I have solved the codes and yes I plan to show and tell all but no one from the army, goverment, state or any other agency got back to me with my invite to tell all :dontknow:. So if the CIA and the Army are still looking for it then thats news to me. Each code has its own way to break it and I will not show the code for the names. We have held off on telling all about the codes until we can check out a site and we need someone with some kind of legal power or pull to get the land owners to let us on the land. This summer we hope to have a TV series on Treasure Hunting and this is one of 12 sites we hope to work. I hope this helps :hello:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D "tat2", there is ONE FreeMasonic Lodge that played a BIG "part" in EARLY Lynchburg, Va. history; MARSHALL LODGE named for Chief Justice John Marshall... it was established in 1793. The other FreeMasonic Lodge that MAY be of interest is HILL CITY LODGE, established in 1859. I have read/heard of DOVE LODGE (Richmond, Va.) being of importance to the Beale Story... STILL doing R & I on it; MEANWHILE, Hill City Lodge built their own lodge hall in 1897... the WARD building! :o http://www.sevenhillsparanormal.com/2009/12/ward-building-lynchburg-va/ :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper said:
I don't think anyone will ever tell how the name code is to be solved. Think about it :dontknow: why give out the name list , you are asking for many years in court with hundreds of people trying to file a claim. I have solved the codes and yes I plan to show and tell all but no one from the army, goverment, state or any other agency got back to me with my invite to tell all :dontknow:. So if the CIA and the Army are still looking for it then thats news to me. Each code has its own way to break it and I will not show the code for the names. We have held off on telling all about the codes until we can check out a site and we need someone with some kind of legal power or pull to get the land owners to let us on the land. This summer we hope to have a TV series on Treasure Hunting and this is one of 12 sites we hope to work. I hope this helps :hello:

A) Respectfully, you do realize how many times this same claim, "I have solved the codes" has been made?
B) There are numerous solutions out there that have ended in disappointment.
C) There are numerous solutions out there that have applied a unique process to the codes to arrive at each new solution.
D) Just this year alone I've seen over a half-dozen different claimed solutions.

So respectfully, what makes you so sure your's are, "the right solutions?"

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Rockhound,

You and your family were kept in our thoughts and prayers through Christmas. Hopefully you found some enjoyment with those you were with. And of course Happy Holidays.

And I have to agree with Scoop. Lots of possibilities out there with empty claims. But I also see the side that Finders has to. The hardest thing about these mysteries is the fact that there are so many unanswered questions. It keeps hopes alive!!!

HH Jay

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ask a question about the name codes and I thought I would give you my thoughts on your question :icon_scratch: or was this post a trap :argue: :argue: to get into a pissing contest :dontknow:

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Finders,

My apologizes. My thought was about how many possibilities there are and how its kept alive by them. I've actually given you kudos in other post about your work and responses here in the forums. And as a TV nut, Im looking forward to seeing your series of shows.

HH Jay

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Finders,

I would like to ask one question that can be answered in a vague way. Are there any links to past expiditions to anyone in the list of names??? I mean from parties prior to Beale's party going west.

Im not looking for you to reveal anything.....maybe a yes or no.

HH Jay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread