Trivia Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Because of the dates, I would say it was John Witcher, son of William Witcher. William died in 1808 in his 80's. John died in 1835 I think.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:D Well, there IS a Witcher Family Cemetery established in Amherst County, Va. in 1848; across the James River from BOTH Lynchburg, Va. and EASTERN Bedford County, Va. :dontknow:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tat2guy said:
Because of the dates, I would say it was John Witcher, son of William Witcher. William died in 1808 in his 80's. John died in 1835 I think.

Do you know what John Witcher's background was?

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
bigscoop said:
tat2guy said:

Do you know what John Witcher's background was?

I have no clue...yet! Im only 38, I wasnt around to hangout with those guys :laughing7:

HH Jay

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most likely this guy;

"Captain John Witcher was one of the most prominent men in the valley; was one of the Justices of the Inferior Court of the Cherokee purchase; had commanded a company at Norfolk, VA in 1812 and a company of Paulding volunteers in 1835 during the war with the Creek Indians, and also a company of State troops in 1838 in the removal of the Cherokee Indians. A man of great courage and resentment; a truly good man to his friends, but thunder and lightning to his enemies. He owned considerable Negro property, land __ and was an old style Virginia gentleman, and a Democrat of the old Clark school."

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Plenty of time for him to change his view on slavery :icon_scratch: . Or another John Witcher altogather. :dontknow:

Till the next post Jay

Happy New Year everybody

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:icon_thumleft: RIGHT BACK AT CHA! Don't drink TOO much BEE ALE (Beale), tho... AND! :read2: Read page 16 FIRST! www.angelfire.com/pro/bealeciphers/Page16.htm Give ya something to "chat" about... :laughing9: :coffee2: :wink: :read2:

There was a time when I was convinced that if there was any truth to the Beale Papers then it had to have something to do with the Confederate Treasury. But keep in mind that since the time of that short article's publishing "a lot" of new information has surfaced that has made, at least in my mind, the Confederate Treasury and/or Freemasons a very unlikely candidate. Do I think either of them are still possibilities? Who knows, maybe. But based on the information that has been picked apart since the publishing of that short article, I no longer think either of these possibilities exist/existed. :dontknow:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:icon_thumleft: MEANWHILE... across the BIG "Pond" (New Zealand, etc), it is ALREADY 2012! HAPPY NEW YEAR! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :occasion18: :occasion16: :occasion18: :wav: :lurk:

Just not right they should get a jump start on the rest of the world. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D HA! Wait until Dec. 21, 2012! :laughing7: (Singing...) "I see a BAD moon, a'rising..." by CCR. :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: Coffee for ALL! What IS that ''ringing" in my ear? :dontknow: :coffee2: :read2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread