Going Out on The Big Limb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What happened to those "missing Champ d'Asile funds?" Who was in charge of them after Champ d'Asile was abandoned?
The eggs are in the basket now. "Mr. Sherman" was one of the men in charge of those missing funds. Hence, how did John Sherman, the editor of the Virginia Job & Print, come to know about the story behind those missing funds? Find the "Mr. Sherman" in the above quote and I think you'll have your answer. :thumbsup:
JW Sherman was NOT Editor... Charlie Button was.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Fellas, over the years I've explored just about every theory out there in regards to the Beale Papers and today I am 95% certain that if you really want to know the truth then you only need to find the history of the following man:

"I recommended to Mr. Hall, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Sherman, and those of Bolivar to keep to our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places."

This is why John Sherman, the editor of Virginia Book & Job Print, had such a fascination with tales of treasure, because the story in the Beale Pamplet had been passed down to him through family ties. I think you'll find that the Galveston Sherman was directly related to the family of John Sherman. There are many reasons I feel this is the actual case, too many to explain here. But the "round trip" of it is this.....from Galveston we have a Sherman that is part of a documented secret gold distribution & in Virginia we have a Sherman who is involved in the publishing of a mysterious story about hidden wealth from the west during the exact period of the Galveston transfer. Find the above "Mr. Sherman" and I think you'll have a great start on the real story. :thumbsup:
JW Sherman wasn't Editor; Charlie Button was...

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reb, did you happen to notice how old this thread and how old all of this prior research and opinion is? :laughing7: A lot has changed since this thread was an active proposal. :laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
At lot of different Thomas Beales have come and gone along with various theories since the time when this thread was active.

O

Old Silver

At lot of different Thomas Beales have come and gone along with various theories since the time when this thread was active.

Maybe. But there's one man left. Whether his actual name was Thomas Beale, I can't say, but a man calling himself Thomas Beale almost certainly showed up in Lynchburg in 1820 and 1822. People were around in 1885 that would have known him. A LOT OF DIFFERENT Thomas Beale's having "come and gone" makes sense, since the one who visited Robert Morris was just one man, not a lot of different ones. And this one man has not yet "gone."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions