Going Out on The Big Limb

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellas, over the years I've explored just about every theory out there in regards to the Beale Papers and today I am 95% certain that if you really want to know the truth then you only need to find the history of the following man:

"I recommended to Mr. Hall, Mr. Campbell, Mr. Sherman, and those of Bolivar to keep to our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places."

This is why John Sherman, the editor of Virginia Book & Job Print, had such a fascination with tales of treasure, because the story in the Beale Pamplet had been passed down to him through family ties. I think you'll find that the Galveston Sherman was directly related to the family of John Sherman. There are many reasons I feel this is the actual case, too many to explain here. But the "round trip" of it is this.....from Galveston we have a Sherman that is part of a documented secret gold distribution & in Virginia we have a Sherman who is involved in the publishing of a mysterious story about hidden wealth from the west during the exact period of the Galveston transfer. Find the above "Mr. Sherman" and I think you'll have a great start on the real story. :thumbsup:

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
So your referring to the french move out of that camp in Texas to Galveston Island and such??? And/or working with the Laffitte Bros.???

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tat2guy said:
So your referring to the french move out of that camp in Texas to Galveston Island and such??? And/or working with the Laffitte Bros.???

I'm referring to that "entire affair and seriers of events". Think of Galveston Island and Champ d'Asile as being part of the same extended cause, or enterprise. In the above quote it was only "recommended" to a "Mr. Sherman" to keep to our "promise" and "distribute the gold to the indicated places". This was in the "Spring" of 1821, about 8 months "prior to the last Beale Deposit."
Champ d'Asile was abandoned in 1818 but "the cause" wasn't abandoned until 1826.
A) If Laffite was in charge then why just a "recommendation" to Mr. Sherman instead of an order?
B) What "promise" was there to keep, and to whome?
C) Where were those "indicated places"?
:wink:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to those "missing Champ d'Asile funds?" Who was in charge of them after Champ d'Asile was abandoned?
The eggs are in the basket now. "Mr. Sherman" was one of the men in charge of those missing funds. Hence, how did John Sherman, the editor of the Virginia Job & Print, come to know about the story behind those missing funds? Find the "Mr. Sherman" in the above quote and I think you'll have your answer. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D HA! THAT John Sherman (BEALE PAPERS) was John WILLIAM Sherman, born in 1859 or so... YOU tell ME! Read Page 24... :wink: 8)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D HA! THAT John Sherman (BEALE PAPERS) was John WILLIAM Sherman, born in 1859 or so... YOU tell ME! Read Page 24... :wink: 8)

:laughing7: Yes, that was the editor of the job print. But "Mr. Sherman" in connection with Galveston Island and the gold distributions in 1821? He's somewhere in John William Sherman's family history. "Mr. Sherman" of Galveston was the root source of the Beale story. John William Sherman wrote other fiction stories involving treasure, which is why many believe he wrote the "fictional" Beale Papers, but as it were, the Beale Papers wasn't exactly just another fictional tale. Again, I'm 95% sure this may be the actual case.

By the way, my internet has been dropping out all week. They came here today and "fixed" it. It's dropped out three times in the last fifteen minutes. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whooohoooo! I think they actually got it fixed this time! :headbang: :hello2:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:

And your point? I've seen all that before. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D My point? MY R & I on the history of Lynchburg, Va. NEWS VIRGINIAN editors indicate NO records... NADA, etc of John Williams Sherman EVER being the editor of the Lynchburg NEWS VIRGINIAN (newspaper); show me YOUR proof.. THANKS!. :D :wink:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's there, just have to look deeper. However, let's say for a moment that you're right..........would make my first post on this thread all the more interesting when you sit back and think about it. :wink: In the mean time, I'll see what I can round up for you. :thumbsup:

PS: My lower back is hurting so bad I can hardly breath....not sure what's up with that but I sure hope it goes away. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread