Beale Cipher, Keeping it REAL !

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron has had his site up and running for a number of years now and a lot of good stuff can be found there. :thumbsup: Having said that, Ron is also pretty convinced that John William Sherman, (the editor of the Job & Print that published the Beale Papers), was the author of the Beale Papers. John Sherman was also a playwrite and he wrote several small fictional tales dealing with treasure and he even advertised and sold them in the newspaper. He and J.B. Ward, the acting agent for the pamphlet, were also closely related so it's not out of the question that Sherman did write the Beale Papers. :dontknow:

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True that bign, thats the direction im leaning, however with the addition of Edgar A. Poe either directly/ mainly indirectly adding fuel 2 it. With that out there, sure the dates r off but writing style (like a fingerprint) identifiable 2 that person... So whats your take on the whole website i previously posted? My theory is it has 2 b a document overlooked as the cipher to either C1 or C3, agreed? Furthermore it cant b 'Common Sense' bc that would lead directly back 2 Thomas Paine, who was the 1 w the hurt feelers 4 not being allowed 2 sign the Doi. Did so anyway w the intials tjb (on the back) n handprint (on the front), tjP again turn the 'P" upside down gives u 'b' for beale...

kgunn

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kgunn said:
True that bign, thats the direction im leaning, however with the addition of Edgar A. Poe either directly/ mainly indirectly adding fuel 2 it. With that out there, sure the dates r off but writing style (like a fingerprint) identifiable 2 that person... So whats your take on the whole website i previously posted? My theory is it has 2 b a document overlooked as the cipher to either C1 or C3, agreed? Furthermore it cant b 'Common Sense' bc that would lead directly back 2 Thomas Paine, who was the 1 w the hurt feelers 4 not being allowed 2 sign the Doi. Did so anyway w the intials tjb (on the back) n handprint (on the front), tjP again turn the 'P" upside down gives u 'b' for beale...

kgunn

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,441412.0.html

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well put, holy cow n so basicly the dude w the key (keymaster) has 2 come forward w it b4 the ciphers can b completed, rite? However is it possible the original Doi is that very KEY?

kgunn

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think everything in that iron box was important to the whole. With that said, I'd love to get my hands on those old receipts.

allenroyboy

Dec 13, 2006
Montana
When you compare the Heart set of code papers with the ones associated with Sherman, it quickly becomes obvious that the Heart papers are copied from the originals and that Sherman and company changed the codes making them impossible to decipher.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D Chatting about the "numbers" in the Ciphers (BC-1, BC-2, BC-3)? The Hart Papers has ONLY the "Beale Ciphers" w/o the "cover story". :wink: :read2:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D Chatting about the "numbers" in the Ciphers (BC-1, BC-2, BC-3)? The Hart Papers has ONLY the "Beale Ciphers" w/o the "cover story". :wink: :read2:

I agree. I think the Hart Papers/ciphers are more suspect then the Pamphlet. A lot of reasons for this personal opinion but I just don't trust them or a lot of the info/sources leading up to them. :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D LOL! HOWEVER... the HART PAPERS are MORE conductive to the "SECOND YEAR OF THE CONFEDERATE WAR "intro"; Newton Hazlewood (SGT. CSA "POSSIBLE" SPY) gave Clayton HART the sheets of numbers alluding to a "treasure" buried near his house (Peaks of Otter "area"); Clayton/George Hart MAY have changed the numbers slightly... :dontknow: When reading the BEALE PAPERS... ONLY! You are "BOXED IN" :o :coffee2: :read2: AND! HART = HEART; a GREAT KGC "indicator"! ;D :wink:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D LOL! HOWEVER... the HART PAPERS are MORE conductive to the "SECOND YEAR OF THE CONFEDERATE WAR "intro"; Newton Hazlewood (SGT. CSA "POSSIBLE" SPY) gave Clayton HART the sheets of numbers alluding to a "treasure" buried near his house (Peaks of Otter "area"); Clayton/George Hart MAY have changed the numbers slightly... :dontknow: When reading the BEALE PAPERS... ONLY! You are "BOXED IN" :o :coffee2: :read2: AND! HART = HEART; a GREAT KGC "indicator"! ;D :wink:

The Beale Papers in 1885 are "the original source" of the tale, all else came years later from several sources with motives, and a lot of "he said - she said" with absolutely no proof that anyone ever saw the box, the ciphers, the letters, etc. Common sense would dictate that with so much possibly to be gained at least one of those discoveries would have been held onto, perhaps photographed, etc. And yet...."nothing" other then more "it's in a secret collection" etc. You can buy into it if want, but I'll do my research from the original, authentic source, The Beale Papers, unless you know of an earlier copy of the tale. :dontknow:

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

u know ive read purtnear everythg i can get my grubby little paws on except 4 the 2 books coming, n still dont know where it is??? so what do u say we all meet up with our MD n go on walk about this summer n find the dam thing, u in???

kgunn

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey reb, peaks of otter by river n ud make a great guide...

kgunn

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D GUIDE?!!! :laughing9: LAWD GAWD A'MIGHTY! I would "charge" you $ 500,000 a person! :wink: :laughing7: I AM thinking of starting a BEALE TOUR from Lynchburg, Va. to Montvale, Va. showing "points of interest", tho. :wink: I got the "ENTREPRENEUR BUG", and MAY get with ABBOT "Tour-line" (Bus or two), to do a "BIZ PLAN". :wink: AND! MANY Bedford County "locals" are VERY protective of their land. etc, and are "armed & dangerous"! Bedford County, Va. Deputies & US Forest Service Rangers "cruise" the roads on a REGULAR basis. GOOD LUCK with YOUR idea, tho... HH! :D :wink: :sunny

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but c u beins from there could walk us rite in n high five the officials as we walk by lol. plan b rent a boat? seriously tho is it possible 2 get permission for that area?

kgunn

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster