HART PAPERS... ANOTHER "cover-story"? HAZLEWOOD/HART Ciphers?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just trying to separate the jive from the real, my friend.
In the Beale Papers, the narrative text states that the "unknown author" solved C2 with the DOI after many years of working on the ciphers. It also states that Ward had NO knowledge of the Beale story, ciphers , etc until the "unknown author" presented him with a finished manuscript.
In the Hart Papers George L Hart writes that "That Ward...succeeded in finding the key to cipher no 2"
Another example of the discrepancies found in the Hart Papers from the original 1885 Beale Papers source material.
All these discrepancies and the addition of new names and places not mentioned in the original, cast doubt on the validity of the Hart Papers.
I am surprised that these differences haven't been addressed before.
(Singing) Jive Talking by the Bee Gees... BUT! I HATE Disco!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Just trying to separate the jive from the real, my friend.
In the Beale Papers, the narrative text states that the "unknown author" solved C2 with the DOI after many years of working on the ciphers. It also states that Ward had NO knowledge of the Beale story, ciphers , etc until the "unknown author" presented him with a finished manuscript.
In the Hart Papers George L Hart writes that "That Ward...succeeded in finding the key to cipher no 2"
Another example of the discrepancies found in the Hart Papers from the original 1885 Beale Papers source material.
All these discrepancies and the addition of new names and places not mentioned in the original, cast doubt on the validity of the Hart Papers.
I am surprised that these differences haven't been addressed before.
LOL! HP was about Treasure Hunters looking for treasure in Bedford County, Va. BPP was "THE STORY", which I DO NOT believe; YOU can't tell the DIFFERENCE…?!!! AMAZING!!!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! HP was about Treasure Hunters looking for treasure in Bedford County, Va. BPP was "THE STORY", which I DO NOT believe; YOU can't tell the DIFFERENCE…?!!! AMAZING!!!

HP was alleged to be about treasure hunters looking for treasure in Bedford County, Va predicated on THEIR "belief" that the Beale Papers treasure was real. Yes there is a difference, but the HP has been used as "proof" that the treasure and story in Ward's 1885 Beale Papers was true and not something "spun from Mr Ward's imagination" as deduced by Lt Thomas Fawcett.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOT so; HP was strictly about a treasure alluded to by NHH, near his land @ Peaks of Otter; The "Beale Story" was NOT part of their story at first; it was added later.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That is true, the next question being what made Clayton Hart connect what Hazelwood gave him to copy to the Beale Papers?
"About that time Clayton learned that a man by the name of Ward had spent many years trying to find a key, or keys, to the ciphers..."
and then
"that Ward...succeeded in finding the key to cipher NO 2"
What makes this curious is according to the Beale Papers, the "unknown author", not Ward, succeeded in finding the supplied DOI key to C2.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true, the next question being what made Clayton Hart connect what Hazelwood gave him to copy to the Beale Papers?
"About that time Clayton learned that a man by the name of Ward had spent many years trying to find a key, or keys, to the ciphers..."
and then
"that Ward...succeeded in finding the key to cipher NO 2"
What makes this curious is according to the Beale Papers, the "unknown author", not Ward, succeeded in finding the supplied DOI key to C2.

First Clayton most likely learned from the article by John Sherman's wife in the Roanoke Newspaper. He and his brother and Hazelwood did work in Roanoke, you know. I believe the author was someone in Ward's household and he did work at that time for the newspaper. He also did extensive travel for the newspaper. Most likely he went to Richmond on errands, meetings of importance. There are things I could tell you but you seem fixated on just the Job Print Pamphlet and nothing else to you matters. So what if George Hart made a mistake in his memory. He was up in age when he told everything he knew of the Beale Treasure and his brothers and his exploits. What 1958 and they were searching for the Beale Treasure in the 1890's. Lighten up. When I was racing, I found out sometimes you have to slow down to go fast. May not make sense to you but it does to people that like to go fast.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
First Clayton most likely learned from the article by John Sherman's wife in the Roanoke Newspaper. He and his brother and Hazelwood did work in Roanoke, you know. I believe the author was someone in Ward's household and he did work at that time for the newspaper. He also did extensive travel for the newspaper. Most likely he went to Richmond on errands, meetings of importance. There are things I could tell you but you seem fixated on just the Job Print Pamphlet and nothing else to you matters. So what if George Hart made a mistake in his memory. He was up in age when he told everything he knew of the Beale Treasure and his brothers and his exploits. What 1958 and they were searching for the Beale Treasure in the 1890's. Lighten up. When I was racing, I found out sometimes you have to slow down to go fast. May not make sense to you but it does to people that like to go fast.
Roanoke new-paper MAY have info on the HART BROS.' journeys/experiences at the Roanoke, Va. Library on Elm Street... dunno; never looked.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions