n00b working on Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
So thanks to Cappy Z, and his fun game he had based on Beale codes, I got looking into this legend. I have been able to quickly take documents and give each word a number and then have the first letter of each word be given with the corresponding number given in the code. Well I am working on Code 2, the one that has been decoded, and I have found so many errors in this compaired to what is stated. Now some of the errors are because no words start with x or y, I get this no problem. but there are many other letters that are wrong that have no reason to be. On the beale website i looked at a person suggested that a number was used twice. Can't remember what one off the top of my head but it was to get the V to work out. If this was true, then everything afterwords would be thrown off also, but this is not the case. I am trying to see if this is the key to figuring everything out? ??? ??? :read2: ??? ??? ??? It is rather interesting.

OP
OP
werleibr

werleibr

Jul 26, 2010
Virginia
Well did a full breakdown of his codes. In it he had used the numbers to reference the letter he wanted rather well except in 45 cases. Now when I say 45 cases I am refering only to the number of misreferenced numbers (ie 811 was used 9 times, but he used it as the same letter throughout.) So what I found was that 3 numbers had been used throughout correctly except for a couple times. For a hypothetical example (and i am not using any references just making this part up for demonstration), the number 21 would have been letter B through out the paper except one time he used it as letter T. Now this may seem like a sweet clue to something, but it is not. I found I was 1 number off from his desired letter in all three cases. If i throw that data errors out there was a somewhat consistant pattern.

Well here is a vague breakdown of the pattern

For a good while he has his letter to numbers correct
Then he is off by +1 for about half of the incorrect numbers
THen he gets back on track and is using the correct numbers
next he is off by -10 for a few numbers
then he driffs off to be -9 for a few numbers
then he is way off of his pattern
then drifts back to be off by -9 for a while
then drift to be off by -10 again
then he is off by -11

Now for the letters Y and X. There is not a word that starts with those, but they are found within his pattern. For the letter Y he used the last letter of a word, guess what he was -11 on that word. and for the Letter X well this may be me finding a pattern but he appeard to use the middle letter for this one and he was +11 off...

Just a pattern I noticed... Now trying to dig deeper to see if it was intentional

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well did a full breakdown of his codes. In it he had used the numbers to reference the letter he wanted rather well except in 45 cases. Now when I say 45 cases I am refering only to the number of misreferenced numbers (ie 811 was used 9 times, but he used it as the same letter throughout.) So what I found was that 3 numbers had been used throughout correctly except for a couple times. For a hypothetical example (and i am not using any references just making this part up for demonstration), the number 21 would have been letter B through out the paper except one time he used it as letter T. Now this may seem like a sweet clue to something, but it is not. I found I was 1 number off from his desired letter in all three cases. If i throw that data errors out there was a somewhat consistant pattern.

Well here is a vague breakdown of the pattern

For a good while he has his letter to numbers correct
Then he is off by +1 for about half of the incorrect numbers
THen he gets back on track and is using the correct numbers
next he is off by -10 for a few numbers
then he driffs off to be -9 for a few numbers
then he is way off of his pattern
then drifts back to be off by -9 for a while
then drift to be off by -10 again
then he is off by -11

Now for the letters Y and X. There is not a word that starts with those, but they are found within his pattern. For the letter Y he used the last letter of a word, guess what he was -11 on that word. and for the Letter X well this may be me finding a pattern but he appeard to use the middle letter for this one and he was +11 off...

Just a pattern I noticed... Now trying to dig deeper to see if it was intentional

I passed that knowledge over 30 years ago. The main thing you will find by breaking C2 again is that what the author printed as the message from C2 is completely inaccurate. Looks like he was just filling in the pages of a book to me.

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I passed that knowledge over 30 years ago. The main thing you will find by breaking C2 again is that what the author printed as the message from C2 is completely inaccurate. Looks like he was just filling in the pages of a book to me.

Actually what is going on is that C2 is double encoded using two different cipher texts which is why the author of the Beale had to present the decipherment as a fait accompli in the Papers and also provide a pre-marked DoI with the double 480s so that his decipherment seemed even remotely plausible. The more important encoding of the two in C2 is the one the author of the Beale doesn't decipher for you and that will also be the one absent of errors.

As is usual with Beale this fact can be used to both argue for and argue against the hoax theory depending on how one is feeling on any particular day.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So thanks to Cappy Z, and his fun game he had based on Beale codes, I got looking into this legend. I have been able to quickly take documents and give each word a number and then have the first letter of each word be given with the corresponding number given in the code. Well I am working on Code 2, the one that has been decoded, and I have found so many errors in this compaired to what is stated. Now some of the errors are because no words start with x or y, I get this no problem. but there are many other letters that are wrong that have no reason to be. On the beale website i looked at a person suggested that a number was used twice. Can't remember what one off the top of my head but it was to get the V to work out. If this was true, then everything afterwords would be thrown off also, but this is not the case. I am trying to see if this is the key to figuring everything out? ??? ??? :read2: ??? ??? ??? It is rather interesting.

There is a chance the Beale Codes can be solved without actually solving the three ciphers.....

Search for @SolvingBealePapers

................and have fun watching this video.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread