It was in the 2nd year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Is an understatement! :laughing7:
It must be magic that can make Clarence C Saunders mother, Mary Gregory, James Beverly Ward's niece.
...but in the long run, Clarence C Saunders and Piggly Wiggly have nothing to do with the Beale Papers , just additional name dropping flotsam blocking the waters of factual discussion.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am correct. Therefore I can prove that you are wrong. So I guess that being said you can not prove me wrong. I am not going to give you the facts just to prove you are wrong. You will have to find it on the Internet and then you can prove that I am correct. Good hunting.
Well while you are proving things, where did the information you posted about the Beale Party's gold was 14K (60%) this silver a little purer and both smelted into bars by sand box casting originate?
Or about the false bottom wagons?
Or about the Boone Salt Mine 30 gal brine pots found at Goose Creek you claimed were used by the Beale Party?
Or the family Bible with the Beale Party heirs listed found in the Blackhorse Tavern from Beale's undelivered letter, because Brugh who was to deliver the letter was murdered by Nelms, and what became of that letter and list?
Who was the Thomas Beale who attended Nelms wedding in 1828, and why did he not visit the keeper of the iron box, Robert Morriss at that time.
Since none of what is listed above is mentioned in the original source of the story, Ward's 1885 Beale Papers, what is the origin of this information you have posted many times?
A secret unknown written account, lore, or fill in the blanks speculation?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn man you have posted that ten times today already and 5,000 times in the past. Get a life we don't have to prove a damn thing to you. Prove something to yourself prove that you have about ten sense.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not asking you to prove anything as you of me, only asking if the above information that you once posted as fact was from a actual written source, lore, or embellished speculation.
Instead answering the question which should be easy if the information has a credible direct connection to the Beale story, you deflect with some form of complaint about my posts.
That is a conspicuous answer in itself. Thank you.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No thank you.

tad10

Jun 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted in awhile because I was chasing a very long and difficult lead.

Here is the bottomline: Franklin, Rebel, Etc, I've gone far further and farther than any of you and here is the hard truth that I've discovered: the NSA solved the Beale in the 1970s. That's why they 'stopped' working on it. They promptly turned around and declared it fake - why, who knows - ask them. Whatever was to find they (or the USG generally) have. How do I know this? After a very long hunt I found a little bird who would know who was willing to talk to me.

You can keep on working as long and hard as you would like but I'm here to tell you that the pot of gold has already been taken you're better off going after KGC or literally anything else.

This however raises an interesting question about my good buddy ECS. I never understood why someone would sit on a thread and constantly repeat the same false statement that it was 'just a story'. So I have ia serious question, which I hope the moderators won't ban me for: do you work for the NSA ECS?

If so, why not just tell us you guys solved it and to work on something else, instead of having us waste time? I don't care that you guys have the hidden confederate gold, I care that you wasted my time.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted in awhile because I was chasing a very long and difficult lead.

Here is the bottomline: Franklin, Rebel, Etc, I've gone far further and farther than any of you and here is the hard truth that I've discovered: the NSA solved the Beale in the 1970s. That's why they 'stopped' working on it. They promptly turned around and declared it fake - why, who knows - ask them. Whatever was to find they (or the USG generally) have. How do I know this? After a very long hunt I found a little bird who would know who was willing to talk to me.

You can keep on working as long and hard as you would like but I'm here to tell you that the pot of gold has already been taken you're better off going after KGC or literally anything else.

This however raises an interesting question about my good buddy ECS. I never understood why someone would sit on a thread and constantly repeat the same false statement that it was 'just a story'. So I have ia serious question, which I hope the moderators won't ban me for: do you work for the NSA ECS?

If so, why not just tell us you guys solved it and to work on something else, instead of having us waste time? I don't care that you guys have the hidden confederate gold, I care that you wasted my time.

I personally do not believe the NSA has found any treasure especially the Beale Treasure. Why do they still fly an airplane two times a day over the Montvale area? Why do they still fly helicopters over the Montvale Area daily. They bulldozed the Read Tavern where the Goose Creek Road meets the Fincastle Road up and over Blackhorse Tavern. No they have found nothing the NSA that is, every who the worker is that told you that is trying to get you stop looking so his friends can find the treasure. No I do not work for the NSA. ECS can speak for himself. Also I do not think ECS has found the Confederate Gold but I have and I never will get to recover it because of our over bearing government and their red tape.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
A "QUICKIE"! Johnny Rivers playing & singing, "Secret Agent Man" with Rev. Billy C. Wirtz on Piano.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS...? Oh, and by the way, the Discovery of Beale is not, I repeat it, not an allegory. The real deal, man.

Do you have something better? There was a Thomas J. Beale or you can forget the whole Beale Treasure Story.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The mother of James Beverly Ward's wife was raised right across the road from Buford's Tavern at the Brown House. It was an ordinary for people to stay at also. Paschal Buford's wife was the daughter of Isaac Otey and he was a Virginia State Senator. All kinds of connections between all of the players in the Beale Treasure story. James Beverly Ward's brother in law ran a tavern or ordinary at Buford's Gap the one that stood on the West side of the Gap. There is a photo of it in Edward Pollock's book, Sketchbook of Lynchburg. Another Buford had a tavern or ordinary on the East side of Buford's Gap where the spring is beside the road today. The tavern stood between US 460 and the railroad tracks. Maybe TJB was referring to this Buford's instead of Henry and Paschal Buford. That tavern may have been owned by Thomas Buford. The old Indian trail crossed near here and ran across the spurs of the Blue Ridge into Botetourt County to Brugh's Mill in Nelson County. The Brugh's Mill is a likely place for TJB and party to have stayed at. The Mill was later removed behind the Buford's Tavern and up on Roanoke Mountain and is now called Mill Mountain. They have a zoo up there. George Radar Brugh was Proprietor of the Planter's Hotel in St. Louis, MO and it was with him that Thomas Beale left the letter to be delivered to Robert Morriss in Lynchburg, Va with a ten year waiting period. The envelope had on it "To Be Delivered June, 1832" signed in small handwriting along the bottom edge Thomas J. Beale. George Radar Brugh and his traveling companion were killed at the Blackhorse Tavern on Tinker Creek in Roanoke, Virginia by Ebenezer Nelms, proprietor and a member of the TJB original party in 1817. He was wounded by James Purcell while mining the gold in the New Mexico Territory and returned home to stay in 1819. He later died falling down the stairs of the Blackhorse Tavern. Many believed he was pushed by the ghost of George Radar Brugh.
Bump per Old Silver request

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Read the book by Claudine Fulton Ellis. There were a lot of Planter Hotel's. I believe they may have had one in Richmond and Lynchburg? George Radar Brugh was proprietor of the Planter's Hotel in St. Louis, Mo. There was a portrait of him hanging in the lobby of the hotel. TJB must have paid him handomely for him to take a companion and deliver the letter personally to Robert Morriss. All though he never made it. Yes Claudine Fulton Ellis saw the letter and it was in a family Bible in the attic of the Blackhorse Tavern with about one inch of dust on top of it. She may not mention all of this in her book. I heard it first hand from her.
BUMP per Old Silver request

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Read the book by Claudine Fulton Ellis. There were a lot of Planter Hotel's. I believe they may have had one in Richmond and Lynchburg? George Radar Brugh was proprietor of the Planter's Hotel in St. Louis, Mo. There was a portrait of him hanging in the lobby of the hotel. TJB must have paid him handomely for him to take a companion and deliver the letter personally to Robert Morriss. All though he never made it. Yes Claudine Fulton Ellis saw the letter and it was in a family Bible in the attic of the Blackhorse Tavern with about one inch of dust on top of it. She may not mention all of this in her book. I heard it first hand from her.
Bump per Old Silver request

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would sit down and bump 5,000 posts saying the same over and over about the story being a dime novel or the story is fiction or the story was made up by James B. Ward, or the story was made up by William Sherman or the NSI said it was fake. Hell man you are the bumpee around here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread