It was in the 2nd year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(GRIN) IF... "BT" WAS "code" for part of the CSA TREASURY to be utilized for the re-building of VMI; after the CON-
FEDERATE WAR, it explains why NSA was so interested in the Beale Cipher(s) & "BT". NSA under W. Friedman (NSA) sent
agents to Lynchburg, Va. in the 1940's asking ppl what THEY knew about "it"... NOTHING! LOL! THEN, NSA on DECODED (TV show on DOI/"BT") said "BT" was in New Orleans, under water (Katrina); PROBABLY the OLD US Mint taken
over by the REBS during the CONFEDERATE WAR (1st CSA Mint). MAY have had Jean Lafitte's treasure, and Mexican Treasury, too... DUNNO, (SHADES ON...)

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(Coffee & a SMILE) It may well be that FRANK JAMES met someone in Danville, Va. in 1882, re "BT", CSA Treasury, & HIS "pieces" of "loot" from his various gang affiliations; offering to "guard" the STASH, as a SENTINEL in Upper Goose Creek Valley as W. T. "Buck" Wright... MAYBE he even met "Bear" Toley (ANOTHER Sentinel) there... DUNNO. (WINK)

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
They PROBABLY met with the Hutters Bros; Ferdinand went on to write the BEALE PAPERS, before he died in 1885; and the LEGAL "basis" was LAW OF NATIONS (SECRET CSA Book, saved in Danville, Va. by S. Hutter) after Richmond, Va. fell. Lynchburg, Va. was VA State capital for @ four days, after Richmond, Va. fell, and Gen. Jubal Early, a lawyer... Gen. TT Munford (CSA), and others PROBABLY played a part in the planning. Gen. Early met with KGC guys in Penn. during the CONFEDERATE WAR. GENESIS of "BP" was "roughed out" by Gen. Robert E. Lee & Pachal Buford in 1869, before Gen. Lee died. MORE, later!

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

Who? what? why? how?

Will a mod PLEASE stop this nonsense?

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one time I gave the CSA possibility a pretty serious look, but it just didn't work. Part of the problem with the CSA cover story concept is that:

A) a cover story wasn't required since it was already a pretty darn good mystery with no apparent obvious answer.
B) there was no reason to include letters or to use what would have been real but entirely insignificant names and histories from a long ago past era.
C) according to the descriptions of the contents of the CSA treasury just prior to its vanishing, most of it was in "dated coin" and there would have been no way of covering up that time period. If it was ever found it would have been pretty obvious what time period it came from so why a cover story for something that would have been obvious.?

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who? what? why? how?

Will a mod PLEASE stop this nonsense?

The exchanging of thoughts, ideas, and opinions is healthy as long as everyone respects each other. Other then a few exchanges I don't really see a problem. If you don't agree with the context then just "ignore" that post. :icon_thumleft:

K

Kentucky Kache

The exchanging of thoughts, ideas, and opinions is healthy as long as everyone respects each other. Other then a few exchanges I don't really see a problem. If you don't agree with the context then just "ignore" that post. :icon_thumleft:

The point is, it's disruptive to the posts. He Isn't asking why because he want to know why. He Isn't asking who to find out who. You know that.

But hey, If Justintime don't care, then I don't care. Let it continue.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The point is, it's disruptive to the posts. He Isn't asking why because he want to know why. He Isn't asking who to find out who. You know that.

But hey, If Justintime don't care, then I don't care. Let it continue.

Thanks Kache, I become used to haters,nonbelievers,laughers..I realized the scrutiny I was going to encounter. I'm Ready NOW..

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Now, my answer to KK... er... kk; YOU can not "read my mind"; I ask open-ended questions, such as I do to help "Just" provide "proof" as to what he is "saying". SO! Bugger off!

K

Kentucky Kache

Now, my answer to KK... er... kk; YOU can not "read my mind"; I ask open-ended questions, such as I do to help "Just" provide "proof" as to what he is "saying". SO! Bugger off!

Yassuh Mr Rebel suh. You done scart me off sho nuff.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Scoop", I WOULD like to know what YOU found on the CSA "theory"; anyway, my answers to your 3 questions are: A) The "SECRET" (CSA "assets"/"BT") would have "died with the author" (Ferdinand Hutter) when he died in 1885. B & C to follow... getting static interference, now... LATER!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
B) The "letters" MAY have been written in Baconian Ciphers or something... DUNNO. C) The dates on the Mexican, Brit., & French coins WOULD have provided "clues"; there is NO "raw" gold/silver, and the jewelry was from the southern ladies (CSA)... NOT from St. Loo. AGAIN, What did YOU find? Thanks for sharing...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B) The "letters" MAY have been written in Baconian Ciphers or something... DUNNO. C) The dates on the Mexican, Brit., & French coins WOULD have provided "clues"; there is NO "raw" gold/silver, and the jewelry was from the southern ladies (CSA)... NOT from St. Loo. AGAIN, What did YOU find? Thanks for sharing...

That's just it, I didn't find anything other then a missing treasury and absolutely "zero" documented sources, or credible sources/references that could be confirmed. By "sources/references" I mean documents or records or first hand accounts that could be confirmed in any way. In other words, after it vanished all you can find were the bunch of he-said - she said accounts that are all to common with most treasure legends. Many of these end up leading back to authors who embellished at will, something they could easily do since they were fairly certain there was nothing out there to conclusively counter their claims. The other problem, and perhaps the largest problem with the CSA theory, there was absolutely nothing to be gained by manufacturing a cover story dating back to the early 1800's, non whatsoever. In fact, that very cover story, given it's contents, would have been easily picked up on as a fraud should the information in it ever need to be applied. TJB dosen't fit, Morriss doesn't fit, TJ doesn't fit, the dates don't fit, none of it fits as a believeable alternate/cover story. If it was a CSA cover story it was a very sad attempt.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One other thing.....due to a past business and my current hobby, most jewelry makers kept records and even jewelry and "silver"-ware from the period can be traced to within 10 - 20 years of its manufacturing, especially the expensive stuff. Given that, it would be pretty hard to for such a cover story to fly if a lot of the jewelry and silverware was made in the mid 1800's. This detail would have been known even during the era of the Civil War.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hmmm... Thanks, "Scoop". Where were you as you do R & I on the CSA "theory"? I am here in Lynchburg, Va. with LOTS
of R & I resources... OR (Official Records) - CSA, books on CSA/Lynchburg, Va. history, books on family history, legends, oral history (families). It makes MORE sense, than the "story" in the "Job Print", SOME of which DID probably happen; seems to be inter-winding threads of info weaved together to create that which coulda have been "lost".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread