It was in the 2nd year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D YEP! Looks like the FIRST deposit was made by TT Munford's Co. I, (Campbell Rangers) in 1863 or so... Robert Morriss, whoever he was... died in 1863; 2nd & FINAL deposit made at Thaxton Switch, Va. in April, 1865... PV (RIP) wrote of this in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY; pg 169-173 of Chapt. 22 - Mexican War & Confederacy. :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: :read2: THEN! Author of the "BP", Ferdinand C. Hutter died in 1885; TWENTY years after April, 1865; the SECRET would have died with him... BUT! The BEALE PAPERS in 1885, saved it with a COVER STORY! :o :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :wink: WHAT was deposited? HA! RAW Gold, Silver, then Jewelry? NOPE! EASY to explain... GOLD as in... Mexican Golden Eagle Coins; PROBABLY from the MEXICAN TREASURY, after the Mexican War of 1848... it went MISSING! Robert E. Lee was CAPTAIN, in the US ARMY, then! :wink: AND! British Sterling SILVER Coins (loan in 1860's) :wink: French coins... Napolean III Franc GOLD Coins (loan in 1860's); AND! JEWELRY donated to the CONFEDERATE "CAUSE" by SOUTHERN ladies! :icon_thumleft: :read2:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:D FINAL "posting" for tonight... "google" 2ND REGIMENT, VIRGINIA CAVALRY (CONFEDERATE) :wink: 2ND CAVALRY REGIMENT: FIELD & STAFF :wink: 2ND CAVALRY REGIMENT: COMPANY I :wink: You MAY even find some of your CSA ANCESTORS! :wink: :hello2:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D Getting WARMER outside... saw THREE Robins, yesterday; named 'em ROCK'N Robin, ROLL'N Robin, and ROOSTER Robin. :D :wink: ANYWAY... From PV's (RIP) book, THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, p. 167 from Chapt. 22, Mexican War & Confederacy... "The idea persists that THE BEALE PAPERS was fabricated (with a "cover-up") to allow the perpetrators to claim legitimate ownership, by "finding it". There is speculation that the treasure was neither Indians nor Spanish; that it was NOT from 1819 and 1821, but rather, was the legendary "missing" CONFEDERATE Treasury of the 1860's". :D WHOO! :hello2: Wife & I are gonna go to the ROSE FEST at OLD CITY CEMETERY in May, 2012; there is a plaque there that said the Beale Treasure is buried there. Lynchburg, Va. was the LAST state capital of Virginia, after Richmond, Va. fell (for FOUR days); the Confederacy surrendered in April of 1865. ALSO read about the last days of the Confederacy in Lynchburg, Va; that as the Yanks were advancing... a WAGON-load of SOMETHING (NOT personal stuff) was seen high-tailing up into the mountains! HA! I think they used today's TRENT FERRY ROAD, towards what was THEN... BEDFORD COUNTY, VIRGINIA! :wink: I think some of "it" was buried in OLD CITY CEMETERY, & some of "it" went up into the mountains of Bedford County, Virginia! :wink: :coffee2: :read2: MORE, later! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
A wagon load of something, Lol. All they had back then were wagons.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reb,
All very interesting. :thumbsup: But this isn't exactly a new road of thought you're traveling and before you get too excited about the possibiities, I'm going to give you two words that once you research them they should give you cause to step back a bit before you draw any final conclusions. If you do decide to check these two words out keep in mind "what the end result of the story was, what Morriss was left with" and then also one or more of the possible "local" players you already have a fair amount of knowledge about that had a legal background and could have been involved in a decision that started a major dispute. And the two words are:

"tort"
"testate"

And that's it, that's all anyone is getting at this time. But if you really want to know what the Beale Papers were all about then you really need to explore just how these two words could possibly come into play within the general story that was told? This should eventually lead you to where the truth is/was. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D Continuing on with the CONFEDERATE WAR, 1860 +; PV (RIP), in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: A HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, on p. 196, wrote... the JB Ward of the "BP" had "three male (Hutter) cousins - J. Risque, Edward S., and Ferdinand C. - each had served as Confederate Army Officers in the war. ALL were proficient in MATHEMATICS.... As boys -- and as adults -- they lived in the Lynchburg area, just a few miles from Ward (of the "BP").... BOTH J. Risque and Edward S. graduated from Virginia Military Institute (VMI) in Lexington, (VIRGINIA). BOTH were born at Sandusky... in Lynchburg, VIRGINA :wink:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure there are confederate treasures there is alot of information to support it. Don't want mix stories together, and make one, thats not new development. keep it in the beale letters. Any treasure buried is a coverup lol... Justsayn.. :coffee2:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D In PV's book on "The COVERUP", VMI grads CSA officers were involved; as is ALSO in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE - NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY. Chapt. 22, Mexican War & Confederacy (pg 166-173) has info of interest... p. 168. "Eight months after (Gen. Dave) Hunter's aborted attack on Lynchburg, (Gen.) Lee recommended on February 22, 1865, 'EVERYTHING of value should be removed from Richmond.' A message from Lee to CSA Secretary of War in Richmond said, 'I think LYNCHBURG or some point WEST the MOST advantageous place to which to remove stores from Richmond.' NO other city was named." :wink: :coffee2: :read2:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:wink: AND! Old Virginia & Tennessee Railway is KEY as it passed out of Lynchburg, Va. past Liberty, to Thaxton Switch, EAST of Montvale/Bufords in WESTERN Bedford County, Va. Thaxton Switch (Thaxton, today) is south of the Peaks of Otters, with several roads going up to it that "locals" know. According to PV's (RIP) book, THE BEALE TREASURE - NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, the "BT" was "off-loaded" at Thaxton Switch (in coffins, as "war deads"), and taken to a remote farm; "THIS share of the CONFEDERATE TREASURY was safe from the Yankees!" (p. 171). :D :wink: BTW, PV (RIP) was a "local", former President of the Historical Society, and had access to HUGE amount of info about Bedford County, Va. HISTORY, families, Beale Treasure, Civil War, CSA "stuff", CSA Treasury, NSA, VMI, etc, etc. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :D Here is what I think MAY have happened; the REBS (CSA), who were also FreeMasons/VMI Grads buried a part of the CSA Treasury with some guns, etc in 1862 & ESPECIALLY after Richmond, Va. "fell", and the SOUTH surrendered in 1865. Gen Robert E. Lee was a friend of Paschal Buford, and knew HE could be trusted with "THE SECRET". :wink: Buford let the REBS stay with him after off-loading" pine box coffins at THAXTON SWITCH, later to be moved to a MORE secure location. At BUFORDS, the REBS got horses & continued WEST, and later... NORTH to VMI. :D :wink: Newton Hazlewood was SGT (CSA) and MAY have been involved in this "event". According to George Hart, in his HART PAPERS (1952), Newton Hazlewood, in the late 1897 had
Clayton Hart copy pages/sheets of figures (?!?!... didn't he know what NUMBERS were?); Clayton Hart retained copies of these sheets, and discussed 'em with his brother, George... who wrote of THIS in the HART PAPERS (1952). In 1903, Clayton Hart visited JP WARD, asking about the "BP",etc (HART PAPERS). The "Psychic/Medium" stories MAY have been a COVER for REBS staying with Buford, and later, the EXACT "content" of the cache/depository, BUT! NOT, the location... :( FIRST, tho... In 1869 or so, Gen. Lee "over-nited' with his friend, Paschal Buford, and TOGETHER, they "hatched out" the outline of the "BP", as a cover story, including words in FRENCH learned by Paschal Buford in New Orleans, La. (French Quarter), when Buford was CAPTAIN of the Artillery, during the war of 1812. NOTHING to do with CIPHERS 1, 2, nor 3; ALL we have to "look at" is the "deciphered" part of BC # 2 (DOI), which was REALLY a BROADSIDE against Abe Lincoln, USA, & YANKS... "blaming it ALL", on TJ. MORE, later! :coffee2: :read2: http://smd173.tripod.com/Beale/HartPapers.htm :coffee2: Coffee? :wink:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's straight out of P.V.'s book. Lol.. And how is that going to help locate the sum witch you are striving.. How did the doi get selected as the key. Pv got in your head.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There is this battle going on.. Whos going to be the Beale go to guy now that Pv has passed. No one has the treasure but still want to profit from the story or some story in this case. Its always going to be that way till the treasure is recovered. You shouldn't have to force ideas, if you have to its probley wrong,or incomplete.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's nice.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D And SO! I will continue to focus on the CONFEDERATE WAR... It was MY first "interest" while I grew up in the Shenandoah Valley, with MANY battlefields along today Rt. 81, Rt. 11, Rt. 33, Rt. 340, etc. MANY "back-roads", finding MANY relics like minnie balls, 58 Cal. bullets (South & North... determined by "rings"), cannon balls, buttons... ALL w/o MD; just on top of the ground, on PRIVATE land; gave LOTS of it away. Was a REB re-enactor, and fought at Harpers Ferry, New Market, Gettysburg, PA... etc. Then "down here"... "BT" was NEW! :wink: Then, found out about the CONFEDERATE WAR "theory"; it ALL makes "sense"! :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: :wink: :Coffee?

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's cool, re-enacting. My aunt lived in Shilo, the bloody river ran through her back yard,that's were I found my first bullet, I was 3. I have found thousands of arrow heads, ect. . I lived with a group of Indians in a swamp for two years just to learn. I found a arrow head, barefooted with my toes, in foot of mud. I find stuff daily, that's what I do, sense birth. Regardless of what everyone thinks I stumbled upon the key to the treasure. Unless Hancock and Lee hung out all the time I will have to disagree. Just tryin to help u out i have known for a while don't like to see wasted time if i can help it. When the stars get right you will see.lol. You have passion just need to direct it

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Reb, putting the whole Beale thing aside, why don't you write a short local history type "memoir" of your time in the area. Would be pretty interesting to read. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread