Here ya go Reb! Found it! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[SIZE=+2]Zebulon Miller Tomb[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1](disproved the adage "You Can't Take It With You")[/SIZE]
miller_grave.jpg
For close to a hundred years, treasure seekers have been flocking to Bedford County in search of the elusive "Beale Treasure." So far, no one has found it. Indeed, some skeptics say it never existed. Little do these or other treasure seekers know that there is an authentic treasure buried in the heart of Lynchburg, in the Zebulon Miller Tomb at the Virginia Methodist Cemetery. In his death in 1885, Zebulon, the eccentric and tight-fisted younger brother of renowned local philanthropist Samuel Miller, proved to his critics that you can indeed "take it with you." Five years earlier, Zeb hired a team of German engineers to design, build and install a tomb, eighteen feet deep and encased by three-feet thick concrete walls, fortified to hold his own mortal remains and more than $2.3 million in gold and silver coins. Zeb then hired a Swiss agent to ensure that his final wishes to be buried with his fortune would be carried out. A $1 million trust fund was set up to ensure perpetual care of the tomb, and to provide for guards around-the-clock. The guards were dismissed in later years, as an elaborate electronic alarm system was installed. As a result, the Zebulon Miller Tomb and its buried treasure have remained undisturbed to this day.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMIRKING...) Yer all wet! Went scuba driving didn't you? (GRIN) Know ALL about ZM, and he IS buried in Old City Cemetery (OCC) in Lynchburg, Va. where "BT" is stated to have been buried. Ppl looked for it in 1969/70 (have NEWSADVANCE article; they DIDN'T find anything but horseshoes, cloth-hangers, pieces of metal; etc. Shoulda dug DEEPER) (WINK) Will go to ROSES FEST, 2012 in May & let Mr. D show WHERE they dug (I think I KNOW). (DOUBLE WINKS) AND! "Nose around" a bit... BEYOND the old STONE WALL (near the CSA cemetery. LOL! (SUNNY out with COOL "shades"...)

K

Kentucky Kache

Maybe ole Zeb was one of the Beale boys. Perhaps a son of one of the Beale boys. Wouldn't it be nice to know for sure.

F

Franklin

Zabulon died in 1885. He had an older brother named John. Both were too young to go West with TJB and his associates. There was a Joseph Miller that went West with TJB. He was the first frontiersman that crossed the Great Divide. He was killed by the babbling Mexican in Pauline Innis book, "Gold in the Blue Ridge." Only he wasn't a Mexican. He had been in Sante Fe since 1805 but he was from Beardstown, KY Just like General James Robinson, his name was James Pursley or Purcell. But I believe his name was Pursley as he was TJB's half-brother.

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
I hope no-one really believes that the loot was really buried with him,I imagine if you dug deep enough you would find a conspiracy,and the loot took wings hehehe.You know lawyers,and relatives(SMILE).....Ken

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMIRKING) ADT is the electronic "watchdog"... SOMETHING of worth IS in there; Zeb was the younger brother of Sam Miller, who founded the Miller Schools & left $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for 'em... one is in Lynchburg, Va. & the other one is outside of Charlottesville, Va. (Batesville or something like that). Sam also left $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for Miller Park in Lynchburg, Va.; had a HUGE mansion where EC Glass High School is today. (WELL-READ on Lynchburg, Va. history & smiling...)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps there were no Beale boys and the whole thing is Zeb's way of saying........"The money is here just waiting for you to earn it by decoding the ciphers."

"1885"......and it is "A vault" and it is "six feet deep" and it is "roughly lined with stone"....and the vessels would "rest on solid stone"....and they would be "covered with others"......and it is suppose house a sizable treasure. Just saying.......kinda strange they're both an 1885 thing. At this point, who's to say.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) NO documents implying solving the ciphers & winning... Trust Fund was set up to maintain "up-keep"; will ask Mr. D what HE knows about Z's tomb, etc. 1885 was ALSO the year that Ferdinand C. Hutter died (Feb. 21, 1885), starting the CSA "cover story"... OTHERWISE, the SECRET woulda died with HIM (Hutter). AND! There would be NO BEALE STORY! (Whistling...).

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole Beale story could have been created and penned in 1885.....no proof whatsoever that it wasn't. Just saying.....
Wouldn't need a "win the prize"...just the pamphlet.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ZING! MAYBE Sam & Zeb had "responsibility" for Beale Treasure/CSA Treasury "funds" in Lynchburg, Va. MAYBE Z DID put what was left in his "tomb"; gonna look into the "source" of their wealth. I DO know that Miller park was where TT Munford's cavalry formed & disbanded... there is even a MONUMENT there at the VERY spot. (GRIN)

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
Mayby the keeper of the Estate,put a cheque in there and took the treasure for change for the check(hehehehe)...Ken

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMIRKING) PHFFFTHH! Will do R & I on source of Sam & Zeb's wealth; may be iron & tobacco... DUNNO.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(SMILE) Sam Miller died in 1869; Zeb Miller died in 1885. BOTH boys grew up in POVERTY in Batesville, Va. (near Charlottesville) & their mother STRESSED the value of EDUCATION; hence for Samuel Miller, the creation of the Miller School of Albemarle ("google" MILLER SCHOOL OF ALBEMARLE) and the Miller School of Lynchburg... which I am STILL doing R & I on. STILL looking for the SOURCE of $$$$$$$$$$$; at present time, all I have is that they were MERCHANTS; more LATER. (WINK)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) Samuel Miller 6/30/1792-3/27/1869; made his $$$$$$$$$$$ from tobacco, stocks & securities. RECLUSIVE, VERY secretive... never married, yet had FIVE sons from one woman, who fought his will (they lost). TOO old to fight in the CONFEDERATE WAR; lived in Lynchburg, Va. when Black Dave Hunter "invaded" Lynchburg. SELF-educated with MASSIVE library at his mansion, which was where EC Glass HS is today; had a farm, RICHLAND, where Heritage HS is today. EC Glass & Heritage are cross-town RIVALS, MANY fights, etc; wonder if they know that they share a common ancestry... SAMUEL MILLER! LOL! After Samuel died in 1869, he was FIRST buried at his farm (RICHLAND); THEN was moved to Home for Girls (Miller School of Lynchburg) where Pittman Plaza is today. THEN, final burial was at Spring Hill Cemetery, next to his older brother, JOHN! (SHOCKED look). YEP! Samuel & older brother John first came to Lynchburg, Va. @ late 1830's; merchants selling tobacco. John died in 1841... Zeb came later. Older brother Samuel made his $$$$$$$$$$ as previously stated; NOT sure of Zeb's source yet... NOT listed in Samuel's will. (WINK)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! SO! MAYBE Z's tomb IS holding the Beale/CSA Treasury; next R & I will be with Mr. D at OCC! ALSO... MAYBE where the current Miller School of Lynchburg, Va. is... Miller Home for Girls on Westerly Drive! (WINK)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) Spent time in Jones Memorial Library in L'burg doing R & I... Samuel Miller had only ONE brother; an older one... JOHN, who left him $$$$$$$$$ after he died (1841). Samuel went on to develop a FORTUNE in tobacco, stocks, & securities. Samuel & John's mother, Jane/Jennie was never married, and the father of both boys was a Scottish or English lawyer based on a near-by plantation, who had a family of his own. Jane/Jennie's sister & HER kids were ALSO living with Samuel, John, & Jane/Jennie; HER son by the SAME lawyer was 1/2 brother to Samuel & John... PROBABLY Zeb. Samuel was born in 1792 and it is "rumored" that Jane/Jennie "made the rounds" of the Hessian Barracks in Ch'ville during the Revoluntionary
War (Hessians were GERMAN soldiers fighting for the BRITS at that time, and is how Barracks Road Shopping Center
in Ch'ville got the name; I have been to the original site of the HB, west of Ch'ville... over-developed, now). NOW, my "focus" will be on ZEB! NOTHING in Jones Memorial Library about Zeb. (SHOCKED... WINK)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) Gonna go to the Old City Cemetery where Z's "tomb" is; look around, then ask Mr. D what info he has on it; "gut" tells me that there is NO body/remains... only the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$; NO need for electronic "watchdog" UNLESS... (SMILING, with a NOD & a WINK) AND! The 17th Annual Roses Fest at OCC is May 12th, 9 am - 2 pm; gonna take a camera! (GRIN)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(GRIN) Can DELETE this "thread"; chatted with Mr. D at OCC (TODAY) & he said the ZEB tomb with $$$$$$$$$$$$ was/is ALL a HOAX! It was a PHOTO SHOP, "cut & paste" job; the TOMB is at Spring Hill Cemetery for someone else... NOT "protected" by guards nor ADT... whatever. PFFFFTHHH! Sam Miller had only ONE older brother, who died in 1841 or so; DELETE, DELETE, DELETE! (WINK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread