Reason to believe?

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Kache

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
GOOD MORNING TN! (SMIRKING) I am ALSO interested in what "Scoop" has; based on previous "postings", he was focused on JB Risque; Risque being of FRENCH origin or something to him. MORE on Beale family of Botetourt County, Va. that "came to me" last night; the Beale family were very wealthy as Franklin said, and the name of their Plantation on the James River east of Buchanan, VIRGINIA was BLUE FOUNTAIN. There was even a BEALE BRIDGE crossing the James River, I think; would have to go back to Botetourt County library in Buchanan to do R & I. (WINK)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Reb, don't get upset with me. There is a good reason why I'm approaching the subject in the manner I am. In the past, whenever I attempted to approach the subject it was always very quickly, and very defensively, shot down by those of the local legend league. So by asking the questions instead of simply posting the info, it forces them to look for that information themselves if they really want to know. So here you go, the point I've been driving at:

"What would you say if it was discovered that the Thomas Beale involved in the duel with Risque was a lawyer?" A lawyer who knew Laffite personally, the same lawyer whose name appears on legal documents in New Orleans as a Register of Wills, which is basically what the Beale Papers are, the final will of thirty men. And what would you say if that lawyer had a son named Thomas Beale, who can be placed in Richmond VA during the same one year period when Jean & Pierre were living in that very city taking care of important business? And what would you say if both of these Thomas Beale's appear on the Virgina Bench & Bar list? And, what would you say if John Beale's business enterprises could be directly connected to the Laffite's shipping & smuggling empire? The information I have been trying to access might very well prove all this, and if so, how would this new information change the face of everything we thought we knew about Thomas Beale and the Beale Papers. If I am correct, and I am 99% certain I am, then that duel was indeed over honor, it just wasn't over the honor of a woman in the capacity some think it was, but rather she was probably just the final fuse in an already very stressed relationship. Nowhere, in any records I have found or seen has there ever been any indication that the Thomas Beale father & son from the Bedford region were ever lawyers....and yet....there are two listed on that VA bench & bar list. This is the area of confusion that I am trying to clear up with "undeniable proof". In the big picture, this is where all of this heading; Ward, Sherman, and Beale Jr. all knew each other. Sherman had ancestry who was in Galveston with Laffite, Beale Sr. was in New Orleans with Laffite and knew the Laffite's well, as did Jr. T. Beale also marries into a prominent French family (GrandPierre) who also knew Laffite, and it is suspected that they even had business with the Laffites. The noose is slowly getting tighter and tighter.......and I believe "Tat" is slowly constructing the final, and very sprawling gallows.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) THAT helps... PROBABLY gonna find info in Fincastle, Va. CourtHouse; wife & I are gonna go see Father Steve, RC Priest in Fincastle; was from Bedford & on Rescue Squad with other pastors we knew years ago. SO! Maybe, a trip to court house is "in order". (WINK)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) The NEXT question to ask is... Fincastle, VIRGINIA or New Orleans, LA? Far as I know, TB,Sr. never was attorney/lawyer in Fincastle, VIRGINIA; Sr. ran a HOTEL in New Orleans, LA that Jr. later "took over"... DUNNO

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) Following up with the above... MAYBE, when Thomas Beale, SR. ran his hotel in New Orleans, Lafitte (et al) stayed THERE, and a "plan" was hatched... Thomas J. (for JEAN... Lafitte) Beale & his "crew" was set forth. MAYBE, we need to "transport" the Lynchburg, Va. "story" to New Orleans, LA... DUNNO. I STILL "favor" the CONFEDERATE WAR "theory", myself. (Umbrella up... gonna STORM!)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(WINK) Following up with the above... MAYBE, when Thomas Beale, SR. ran his hotel in New Orleans, Lafitte (et al) stayed THERE, and a "plan" was hatched... Thomas J. (for JEAN... Lafitte) Beale & his "crew" was set forth. MAYBE, we need to "transport" the Lynchburg, Va. "story" to New Orleans, LA... DUNNO. I STILL "favor" the CONFEDERATE WAR "theory", myself. (Umbrella up... gonna STORM!)

For now....:dontknow:....until that much needed information can be accessed, which is in the works but will probably take a while. Once that is accessed, hopefully it will help to answer some questions and help to sort a few things out regarding Thomas Beale.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't say if the Beale story is true, or false, but there is one thing that makes me think the story could actually be true. The story which made Beale a hero was publicized by J.B. Ward. Ward's grandfather was shot by Thomas Beale in a duel. Would Ward have told a fictional story, or had anything to do with a fictional story, that glorified the man who had shot his grandfather?

Someone gets it!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD MORNING TN! (SMIRKING) I am ALSO interested in what "Scoop" has; based on previous "postings", he was focused on JB Risque; Risque being of FRENCH origin or something to him. MORE on Beale family of Botetourt County, Va. that "came to me" last night; the Beale family were very wealthy as Franklin said, and the name of their Plantation on the James River east of Buchanan, VIRGINIA was BLUE FOUNTAIN. There was even a BEALE BRIDGE crossing the James River, I think; would have to go back to Botetourt County library in Buchanan to do R & I. (WINK)

It was a "toll" bridge built by John and Charles Beale. It washed away during a flood and was not rebuilt.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(WINK) The NEXT question to ask is... Fincastle, VIRGINIA or New Orleans, LA? Far as I know, TB,Sr. never was attorney/lawyer in Fincastle, VIRGINIA; Sr. ran a HOTEL in New Orleans, LA that Jr. later "took over"... DUNNO

Thomas Beale ran a Mercantile Store in Fincastle for his two brothers, John and Charles. Thomas Beale also ran a Mercantile Store for his brothers in Alexandria, Va before they moved to Fincastle.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thomas Beale ran a Mercantile Store in Fincastle for his two brothers, John and Charles. Thomas Beale also ran a Mercantile Store for his brothers in Alexandria, Va before they moved to Fincastle.

Must be why he had a dry goods store and restaurant on the first floor of his hotel in New Orleans.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be why he had a dry goods store and restaurant on the first floor of his hotel in New Orleans.

Yes and that is why he stayed with Robert Morriss. Robert Morriss ran a mercantile store in Baltimore, Md. and he had a brother in law that ran a mercantile store in Alexandria, Va. I honestly believe that even if Robert Morriss did not know Thomas J. Beale, I believe Thomas J. Beale knew Robert Morriss. Why because both had parents that lived in the same county, owned land and businesses in the same county and later both were merchants and Inn keepers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread