Needing my fix

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! THAT was over a Year, ago... Weather Report for WTJB by R-K; "Cloudy overcast; 80 per cent chance of RAIN (warm)..."
Doing R & I (Research & Investigation) on Ferdinand William Risque... (at home, on "puter"); JML is CLOSED on Mondays; DANG!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOPE! NOT my "Subject of Interest"; Nov. 8, 1850 - Dec. 22, 1927; died in St. Loo.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hmmm... now THIS: Ferdinand Wm Risque, born to James Beverly Risque & Elizabeth Kennerly... 1803; DOD: UK... went WEST!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Peter Viemeister, in his book, THE BEALE TREASURE: New History of a MYSTERY had a CHAPTER (14; pg. 119-127) on JBR...
"Major James Beverly Risque is a PIVOTAL character whose GHOST haunts the Beale Treasure.... he dueled with Beale (Thomas, Sr.); he knew Robert MORRISS. He was related to James B. Ward (Grandfather).... was Attorney for the Commonwealth - Botetourt County, Va." (p. 119). MUCH MORE! JBR's son, Ferdinand Risque became an attorney in Georgetown, D.C.; he was born in 1803...

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
He went WEST, somewhere... ended up in St. Loo, I think; then to D.C.

Yes he practiced law in St. Louis. But I'll share something of great interest if you local guys wanna dig into it. Oh and share the info!! Are you interested??? There's a secondary reason he went west, and it's a biggie.

HH Tat

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes he practiced law in St. Louis. But I'll share something of great interest if you local guys wanna dig into it. Oh and share the info!! Are you interested??? There's a secondary reason he went west, and it's a biggie.

HH Tat

WHEN you are ready... YES!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ferdinand W. Risque (1803); Father/Grandfather of Ferdinand WILLIAM Risque (1850)...?

YEP! Ferdinand William Risque IS Ferdinand W. Risque, Jr. An attorney... & wrote a book on Business Practices in 1906; died in 1927, I think.

Last edited:

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
WHEN you are ready... YES!

Ok on a silver platter, lol. Who/why is F W Risqué writing to JB Risqué about a family member in 1824 that was killed in an Indian massacre? I can't get to Chapel Hill while the library is open at the college. He write a report about it to the best of my knowledge. So, let's not only look at JB Risqué but maybe his brothers to. Good luck and plz keep me posted

HH Tat

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Ok on a silver platter, lol. Who/why is F W Risqué writing to JB Risqué about a family member in 1824 that was killed in an Indian massacre? I can't get to Chapel Hill while the library is open at the college. He write a report about it to the best of my knowledge. So, let's not only look at JB Risqué but maybe his brothers to. Good luck and plz keep me posted

HH Tat

I ALSO read about that... don't know; either. It was a one page report; will check to see if UNC Library "on-line" has that report.

O

Old Silver

I haven't found any brothers for JB Risqué. Of course I don't live in Virginia, so I don't have access to the best records. I do see that the Risqué family married into the Hutter, Ward and Buford families.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread