Who WAS the author of the BEALE PAPER(S)?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So I think we are back to Captain Thomas Beale as the one who did the cipher. More proof will need to be shown. But he did live to 1824.
The Capt Thomas Beale who was married to Celeste Boucher 'de Grandpre, who the Beale's Rifles in the Battle of New Orleans, owned a nearby plantation, Planters & Merchants Hotel, a gambling and sporting house, knew Jean Lafitte, and was the father of Thomas Beale Jr (Chloe Delancy was the mother), died in New Orleans, Sept 1820.
There are records that support this.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is that all of these roads have been traveled and hashed out many times in the past with nothing new ever arising from it. It's a vicious circle that just keeps repeating itself.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So I think we are back to Captain Thomas Beale as the one who did the cipher. More proof will need to be shown. But he did live to 1824.

NOPE! NO Proof! Capt. Thomas Beale, Sr. died in 1820; Thomas "Jr" Beale died in 1823... he was 23 years old.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is that all of these roads have been traveled and hashed out many times in the past with nothing new ever arising from it. It's a vicious circle that just keeps repeating itself.

Because it was crafted to seem as if it was a Last Will and Testament, when the real circle of madness was that of the KGC........and that is one 'Big Circle' that just repeats itself over and over again.....

So now that we can see there was something not quite right, and a possible Amateur Forger involved, leaving broken cyphers and incomplete clues....working in a hurry to cover up something, making mistakes that were patterned and obvious.......

......a master who was in St. Louis......who could trade the "Silver for Jewels"....and was known to work in the Clerks Office, planting evidence to be later found during land grabs and fake claims for numerous mines in the richest gold and silver mining towns.....

Because it was mined by a group of 30 men, who all were killed off and left in the desert.......while their associate forger was tried and imprisoned, leaving behind the rest for their families in a document.

And of course because these men were gone 2 years, left in the 3rd month of March, mined for 18 months, and returned with a single cache, to return there to mine another 7 months before setting back to VA again.....to return to be massacred and left for dead...........2=3-O-18=7

These are the numerous reasons that this code has not been solved.....as it is completely obvious where the other half of the clues are located at....

They are on this website .........labeled "Do The Peralta Stone's Lead Anywhere Other Than The Superstitions"

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... JB Ward was ONLY the AGENT for the author...
...or was he representing several "unknown authors" , including himself, his wife, and two cousins who contributed to the creation of the 1885 Beale Papers?
Was the acting as agent for the "unknown author" just a device to heighten the believability of the narrative text, or a ploy to distance himself and others from any and all lawsuits arising from the pamphlets publication?
NOTE: The copyright was granted as a "book", which does not validate the validity of the content.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I agree that "JB" Ward COULD have contributed a story of HIS "Western Adventures"; I think his cousin, Maj. Ferdinand Hutter (CSA & former PAYMASTER) was the "coordinator" of the BEALE STORIES and was interviewed by John W. Sherman for the FINAL "Job Print". THEN! "JB" Ward became the AGENT for his cousin, BOTH were GRAND-SONS of James Beverly RISQUE! Heh... James Beverly Risque fought in the War of 1812, as did Capt. Paschal Buford (Artillery), AND! Capt. Thomas Beale, Sr, (Beale's Rifles)... WOW!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The problem is that there exists NO EVIDENCE outside of the story presented in the 1885 Beale Papers that a Thomas J Beale was elected captain of a party that has a perilous adventure and discovered gold and silver, stayed at the Washington Hotel and deposited an iron box with Robert Morriss or sent letters to Morriss from St Louis, or stayed a Buford's while building a vault to hold iron pots filled with gold, silver, and jewels, or that Morris told this to the "unknown author" or that the this "unknown author" presented a finished manuscript to James Beverly Ward to act as agent and publisher.

EVERYTHING that is known about the Beale story and treasure ORIGINATED from this unnamed unknown author and his "AUTHENTIC" statements copyrighted as a book by only its title by Ward.
Authentic is not a guarantee that the story is true, only that it is an original work and not derivative from other sources.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FINAL "product" by John William Sherman, based on interview with Maj. Ferdinand Hutter (CSA Paymaster), based on Hutter's "interview" with Robert MORRISS/Morris in 1862/63; SECOND year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...

O

Old Silver

FINAL "product" by John William Sherman, based on interview with Maj. Ferdinand Hutter (CSA Paymaster), based on Hutter's "interview" with Robert MORRISS/Morris in 1862/63; SECOND year of the CONFEDERATE WAR...

What evidence do you have that Ferdinand Hutter interviewed Robert Morriss in 1862/63? Or any interview with JW Sherman?
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just like to see it for myself.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
John William Sherman was an editor at Charles W Button's LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN, and WAS the person who set the metal type and printed the Beale Papers pamphlet that was entered into copyright as a "book", without the actual manuscript submitted.
It is very possible that Sherman applied his editing skills on the manuscript before setting the type and printing the work.
...and remember, it was ONLY advertised for sale in the LYNCHBURG VIRGINIAN.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What evidence do you have that Ferdinand Hutter interviewed Robert Morriss in 1862/63? Or any interview with JW Sherman?
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'd just like to see it for myself.
LOL! "Source" of my R & I come from DIVERSE places LOCALLY! NO Proof will be provided to YOU! I am satisfied with the info & MORE! 'Nuff said!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread