Page 24 Solves Bealle Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that's the problem with the American work force.....coffee breaks can last the entire day, or even longer! :laughing7:

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Geesh fellas, I drink my coffee on the stool to save time. Anyway my next addition was lost through a quirk of PCism and I
will have to begin anew.

The bonafide treasure concerned untold kegs of silver coins minted by Swift himself strewn across a hidden chamber just two
days ride away. Franks swallowed the bait and removed himself with a mysterious companion he call Julio who led a burro but
was afraid of horses having been bitten while bent over attending a call of nature.

Frank and Julio followed Sherman's directions only to become totally lost in the wilderness surrounding Pine Mtn never even
getting close to Pigeon Water Cave, where the kegs lay until 1992 when a dude known as "Gibson" stumbled onto the cache.

Eventually Frank, minus Julio, was able to find his way back to Missouri, having been previously pardoned, a free soul to
wander unhindered among the populace.

Time for another :coffee2: break.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geesh fellas, I drink my coffee on the stool to save time. Anyway my next addition was lost through a quirk of PCism and I
will have to begin anew.

The bonafide treasure concerned untold kegs of silver coins minted by Swift himself strewn across a hidden chamber just two
days ride away. Franks swallowed the bait and removed himself with a mysterious companion he call Julio who led a burro but
was afraid of horses having been bitten while bent over attending a call of nature.

Frank and Julio followed Sherman's directions only to become totally lost in the wilderness surrounding Pine Mtn never even
getting close to Pigeon Water Cave, where the kegs lay until 1992 when a dude known as "Gibson" stumbled onto the cache.

Eventually Frank, minus Julio, was able to find his way back to Missouri, having been previously pardoned, a free soul to
wander unhindered among the populace.

Time for another :coffee2: break.

Please tell me there was a gunfight that killed everyone having knowledge of the loot's location! I'm guessing the OK Corral? :laughing7:

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
bigscoop, as near as I can tell the Earps had no participation but Wyatt was a horsethief in Missouri so who knows?

One yarn at a time if you please.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop, as near as I can tell the Earps had no participation but Wyatt was a horsethief in Missouri so who knows?

One yarn at a time if you please.

I'm thinking the other side of that gunfight! :wink: Nobody left to guide anyone to the hidden loot. :laughing7:

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Well yes, there was some of that. I'll have to review my notes. But it had to do with the LDM not the Bealle.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wyatt was also a member of the ODD FELLOWS. A KGC connection?
NAW... Wyatt may have been a member of both KGC & IOOF; my grandfather was IOOF, and I have his Ritual Book. I saw Chain Link (IOOF) on MANY tombstones of men in my "hometown" & thought they were KGC... BUT! "Google" Independent Order of Odd Fellows. 3 chained Links with the letters "F", "L". & "T"; Order started on April 26 1819, in BALTIMORE, MD. Hmmm...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
NAW... Wyatt may have been a member of both KGC & IOOF; my grandfather was IOOF, and I have his Ritual Book. I saw Chain Link (IOOF) on MANY tombstones of men in my "hometown" & thought they were KGC... BUT! "Google" Independent Order of Odd Fellows. 3 chained Links with the letters "F", "L". & "T"; Order started on April 26 1819, in BALTIMORE, MD. Hmmm...
What does a three chain link formed into a pyramid with an all seeing eye at its center signify on an old ODD FELLOWS LODGE?
Also on the front door-a circle with a crescent moon with a star to its right in the center and a heart with an arrow pointing down at its center?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
What does a three chain link formed into a pyramid with an all seeing eye at its center signify on an old ODD FELLOWS LODGE?
Also on the front door-a circle with a crescent moon with a star to its right in the center and a heart with an arrow pointing down at its center?
DUNNO, got a "pic" or two? NEVER seen it...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
DUNNO, got a "pic" or two? NEVER seen it...
No I don't have any photos.The building was demolished in 1961,but on the KGC/Confederate Gold Stories,I detailed the CSA items that a friend found there in 1959.The lot is still vacant and overgrown.
I am curious about the "heart with the pointing down arrow"at its center.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OK, will look at it. DONE; info looks good, & will get back to ya with anything I find.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OK, will look at it. DONE; info looks good, & will get back to ya with anything I find.
OK, R & I from several sources indicated IOOF was Trade Union "Lodge" of several trades, thus "odd"; Freemasons were based on ONE trade... operative STONEMASONS. NO historical connection to CSA/KGC during the CONFEDERATE WAR... BUT! IOOF lodges were DOMINANT in southern states like Florida. COULD be a "dual-membership" kind of thing, tho. Will now do R & I on Order of Odd Fellows (OOF), which was more of a "BRIT thing". My guess is that the REBELS were just using an empty building...

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, R & I from several sources indicated IOOF was Trade Union "Lodge" of several trades, thus "odd"; Freemasons were based on ONE trade... operative STONEMASONS. NO historical connection to CSA/KGC during the CONFEDERATE WAR... BUT! IOOF lodges were DOMINANT in southern states like Florida. COULD be a "dual-membership" kind of thing, tho. Will now do R & I on Order of Odd Fellows (OOF), which was more of a "BRIT thing". My guess is that the REBELS were just using an empty building...
I appreciate your reply.The "dual-membership" is quite possible,and the use of an empty building.That may explain the carvings on the door panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions