Page 24 Solves Bealle Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NAW... p. 24 didn't solve it; the QUESTION was, Who was the author of the BEALE PAPERS? BEALLE?! ???

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EEEKS ~ Yesterday August 13, 2012 The Bealle Treasure Hoax was solved and now seems removed.

? ? ? ? bigscoop, Was It You? Fortunately I saved Page 24 on My Favorites. :laughing7:

:laughing7: And a new mystery has been born! "Who stole page 24?"

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I was under the impression only the poster could remove a post. Why? Did Reb impose on you to remove it so the thread
could stretch to infinity? Reb bases his belief in PVM (RIP) WINK or perhaps due to his residency in the CORE o' the APPLE.
However common sense refutes such opinion while Sherman had the oportunity, ability and motive to sell dreams to the
gullible Easterners who wouldn't know ore from apricots.:occasion18:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! Sherman was NEVER the owner of the newspaper, and was later committed to Western State Hospital in Staunton, Va. (INSANE); taken by the sheriff of Lynchburg, Va. MAY well have been a writer... NO copies of his stories/novels have been found here. PVM?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Sherman was NEVER the owner of the newspaper, and was later committed to Western State Hospital in Staunton, Va. (INSANE); taken by the sheriff of Lynchburg, Va. MAY well have been a writer... NO copies of his stories/novels have been found here. PVM?

WHAT! You mean the "locals" don't have all that stuff! How can that be! How can other people in other places have them but not the locals! Therefore, they must not really exist, so, just disregard them all together. Sherman bought the paper from Charles Button, or at least he tried as he was slowly going broke while he was wasting all his time trying to solve the Beale Ciphers. Hey, wait a cotton pick'n minute.........:icon_scratch: :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look, there is no doubt that a lot of information can be found locally and/or through local sources, but the local researchers have remained "too local" in their efforts. Case in point:

The locals think nothing of spending endless hours trying to identify the Key holder in Saint Louis, with all of these candidates, of course, being local Bedford area residents who had spent time there. But here's the thing......the exchange of silver for diamonds to reduce the weight....this could only be done, and likely prearranged, with a well established resident or business interest in Saint Louis, especially if was to be kept secret. So clearly, if the story holds any truth, then there is ample reason to look for important connections that were not local to the Bedford region. But the local researchers are simply locked into tunnel vision and the notion that it just had to be a completely local thing. Example two: "If" the Morriss hotel was as widely known as it was claimed then clearly there was ample opportunity for outsiders to become very familiar with the Bedford region. So, who were these guest and where did they come from? When were they at the hotel and how long did they stay during their visits? I would think the locals would be all over this stuff. Just saying...."if" any of the tale is true then there is as much, if not more evidence, that the entire affair may have been a lot less local then the locals want to believe.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about Frank James left Lynchburg, Virginia in May 1882 then the Beale Pamphlet sent in by James Beverly Ward March 1884?

Not sure how you would connect, or how you may have connected Frank James to any of the details in the Beale Papers? Obama spends time in the same cities as JFK but it would be awful hard to connect him to any of that past president's policies or speeches in those cities. Just because of Jame's reputed past history and the fact he was there prior to the pamphlet's publication isn't near enough evidence to even consider him a suspect. But like I said, I don't know how you may have connected him to any of the details in the Beale Papers? In my mind, once you discard too many of the details in the Beale Pamphlet......then it becomes just another dime novel.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
How about Frank James left Lynchburg, Virginia in May 1882 then the Beale Pamphlet sent in by James Beverly Ward March 1884?
YEP! Frank James WAS in Lynchburg, Va. then... a former REBEL, meeting with OTHER Rebels... like Ferdinand C. Hutter (who died in 1885), Jubal Early (attorney), TT Munford, Max Guggenheimer, Newton Hazlewood... MANY others... at the Arlington. JB Ward sent request for copyright in 1884; got it in 1885. JB Ward & Ferdinand C. Hutter were COUSINS; Ferdinand C. Hutter was author. FreeMasons: Frank James, JB Ward, Newton Hazlewood, Max Guggenheimer
& I think the others were, too. I KNOW they were connected to VMI. HA!

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP! Frank James WAS in Lynchburg, Va. then... a former REBEL, meeting with OTHER Rebels... like Ferdinand C. Hutter (who died in 1885), Jubal Early (attorney), TT Munford, Max Guggenheimer, Newton Hazlewood... MANY others... at the Arlington. JB Ward sent request for copyright in 1884; got it in 1885. JB Ward & Ferdinand C. Hutter were COUSINS; Ferdinand C. Hutter was author. FreeMasons: Frank James, JB Ward, Newton Hazlewood, Max Guggenheimer
& I think the others were, too. I KNOW they were connected to VMI. HA!

But where is the evidence that any of this might, in some way, be connected to the Beale Story? My two best friends in high school both went on to be very successful businessmen, and yet, even though we are still very close I know nothing of their business other then the very basics. In other words, I'm not connected to their business in any way. I was very close to my x's family and yet I know nothing of their business. Now if you can find evidence that starts connecting these men to each other as a matter of business and then to a "secret" agenda, then that might be worth exploring. :icon_thumleft:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now here to me is the "tell-tell"........both of you guys have already stated the "who, what, when, and how's" of what you believe the real story is, and yet, Frank James figures into neither of those previously stated opinions. Reb, you have said over and over again that it was a CSA thing, and Franlin, you even have a CD/Book out as to who you believe was behind the Beale events. Now suddenly...."Frank James". Point is, I don't think you two are certain of anything which is why you're still looking and entertaining other possibilities. Me, on the other hand, I'm sticking solid to my theory because I am 100% certain that "if" the Beale Pamphlet contains any truth at all then I have the real source behind that truth. My/our evidence is so strong I'll never change that opinion!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! "Scoop", I have ALREADY "posted" on Frank James & Lynchburg, Va. "connection", MAY BE on the KGC forum; you just have to look for it. Gotta understand... R & I is ON-GOING! And in THIS case... SECRET! BUT! I DO have my local "connections" & I am certain Franklin does, too; we DO share info. MY focus is Lynchburg, Va. to Peaks of Otter; Franklin's focus is WEST of Peaks of Otter, past Montvale & further WEST. We BOTH review NORTH of Bedford County... BOTH Thomas Jefferson AND George Washington National Forests. MY "connections" are SCV (Sons of Confederate Veterans); REBEL re-enactor; FreeMason: Master Mason, York Rite (RAM), Scottish Rite (32nd Degree), Allied Masonic Degree (Research Lodge); Rosicrucian (in my younger days); "full-time" R & I (pro bono), etc. etc. Franklin can "speak for himself". It is ok to keep YOUR opinion... GO FOR IT!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! "Scoop", I have ALREADY "posted" on Frank James & Lynchburg, Va. "connection", MAY BE on the KGC forum; you just have to look for it. Gotta understand... R & I is ON-GOING! And in THIS case... SECRET! BUT! I DO have my local "connections" & I am certain Franklin does, too; we DO share info. MY focus is Lynchburg, Va. to Peaks of Otter; Franklin's focus is WEST of Peaks of Otter, past Montvale & further WEST. We BOTH review NORTH of Bedford County... BOTH Thomas Jefferson AND George Washington National Forests. MY "connections" are SCV (Sons of Confederate Veterans); REBEL re-enactor; FreeMason: Master Mason, York Rite (RAM), Scottish Rite (32nd Degree), Allied Masonic Degree (Research Lodge); Rosicrucian (in my younger days); "full-time" R & I (pro bono), etc. etc. Franklin can "speak for himself". It is ok to keep YOUR opinion... GO FOR IT!

Well, then we certainly have the entire area covered. :laughing7: You have more then you realize, so maybe, and just as a suggestion, follow some of those roots out of VA. :wink:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
EXCEPT! NOT gonna "go back into the past" OUTSIDE of VIRGINIA; moving ON to today, & the FUTURE!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
EXCEPT! NOT gonna "go back into the past" OUTSIDE of VIRGINIA; moving ON to today, & the FUTURE!
Check out "Scoop's" OUTSIDE of Virginia "thoughts" on his "thread", The Beale Ciphers Explained: Part One on TN; JW Booth is on "record" of being here in Lynchburg, Va. for a play, I think... NOT to plan for assassination. MORE, later... gonna "storm" here, this evening.

OP
OP
L

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Here's the deal, Frank was peeved at Sherman for not giving him and Jesse enough credit for their clumsy exploits. Sherman had
met the boys at the old "factory" where they all worked as common laborers. They all decided to improve their fates, J&F becoming
thieves and murderers while Sherman, who had creative juices went on to become a dime novel entrepanuer.

Much later, after Jesse's bungled picture straightening, Frank who was pardoned decided to pitch some ideas to Sherman in VA.
Well he gets there and Sherman is writing numbers all over a piece of newsprint. Scratching his head he asks What's This About,
which later became a title of a dimer. Then Sherman, knowing Frank had a hair trigger, confessed the Bealle Hoax, BUT told Frank
where a real treasure was.

continued after coffee break :coffee2:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the deal, Frank was peeved at Sherman for not giving him and Jesse enough credit for their clumsy exploits. Sherman had
met the boys at the old "factory" where they all worked as common laborers. They all decided to improve their fates, J&F becoming
thieves and murderers while Sherman, who had creative juices went on to become a dime novel entrepanuer.

Much later, after Jesse's bungled picture straightening, Frank who was pardoned decided to pitch some ideas to Sherman in VA.
Well he gets there and Sherman is writing numbers all over a piece of newsprint. Scratching his head he asks What's This About,
which later became a title of a dimer. Then Sherman, knowing Frank had a hair trigger, confessed the Bealle Hoax, BUT told Frank
where a real treasure was.

continued after coffee break :coffee2:

I like it! Would make a darn good dime novel! Hey,.....wait a darn minute here..............:icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread