Interesting take on Beale treasure and code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I can find nothing of the Lafitte's treasure being seized by the U.S. Government other than your post here on TN. Can you give a link to that site?

On the "net"? LOL! We BOTH know Mint "assets", like a bank is/are CONFIDENTIAL; NSA now has "it"... file a FOIA with THEM. That Mint is now a museum... a HAUNTED one. ROFL. "Google"
Louisiana State Museum: Old U.S. Mint

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ROFL! The hurricane in reference was in 1818, and "No".....lol....the US Government never stored his booty in NO. :laughing7: Good lord,....get the CSA and all of that local lore out of your head. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ROFL! The hurricane in reference was in 1818, and "No".....lol....the US Government never stored his booty in NO. :laughing7: Good lord,....get the CSA and all of that local lore out of your head. :laughing7:

HA! TY, "Scoop"... yer correct; it was Sept. 12, 1818. I STILL stand by the REBEL "thing", and am waiting for YOUR Paschal Buford "French connection"...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Doc Holiday said, "I beg to differ, sir"

I just watched both, Wyant Urp (my have spelled that wrong) and Tombstone again, been debating on who played the best Doc Holiday? I'm thinking the Tombstone Doc gets my nod. :laughing7:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree totally

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Finn ??? DYK? Mark Twain WAS in Lynchburg, Va. as a visitor; he had kin in Bedford County...
Huddleston, Va. BIG EVENT! Did HE write the BEALE PAPERS? Hmmm...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Maybe what Hurricane Katrina hid of the Beale Treasure in NO, maybe Hurricane Isaac will uncover it again?

Dunno... MAYBE! MORE likely to be Jean Lafitte's stuff, since a DIRECT "hit" is focused on two parishes of "interest" & POSSIBLY "connected"; JEFFERSON Parish is one of 'em.
Plaquemines Parish is the other one; check 'em out!

Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
:key:Bruton parish,lol...lets assume, Jefferson was the last one in Bruton Vault. Ten by ten, not enough room for alot of treasure. The treasure was Divided into hundred of caches, inside vault was copper cylinders with maps to the caches,ect. So if Jefferson found maps do you think he would ignore it,or go find the treasures. I read somewhere there was 33 cylinders, so to ,,locate all the treasure,it would take about no,less than thirty guys,to do. new vault,built treasure keep accumulating, got so big they had to add on to the vault,depo,2. Got done made key,and,codes,letters,ect. No key found,backfire story got imbeded in story cypher,just like Hall, use Shakespeare. Justsayn..maybe..

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:key:Bruton parish,lol...lets assume, Jefferson was the last one in Bruton Vault. Ten by ten, not enough room for alot of treasure. The treasure was Divided into hundred of caches, inside vault was copper cylinders with maps to the caches,ect. So if Jefferson found maps do you think he would ignore it,or go find the treasures. I read somewhere there was 33 cylinders, so to ,,locate all the treasure,it would take about no,less than thirty guys,to do. new vault,built treasure keep accumulating, got so big they had to add on to the vault,depo,2. Got done made key,and,codes,letters,ect. No key found,backfire story got imbeded in story cypher,just like Hall, use Shakespeare. Justsayn..maybe..

:BangHead: YOU need to read post # 37, AGAIN! NEVER mentioned Bruton Parish; OR... get some READING GLASSES ! :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who was Jean Laffite "really".....that is the $$$$ question. What general history has "told us" about Jean and His brother is very clouded over. For instance, the first official accounts of Jean's leaving Galveston Island included the tale the military forcing his departure and setting his stronghold ablaze. Obviously, today we know that isn't true and that his actual departure was a mutually agreed and peaceful affair. General history is just that, very general and usually painted by those parties who need it, or want it, painted that way.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Who was Jean Laffite "really".....that is the $$$$ question. What general history has "told us" about Jean and His brother is very clouded over. For instance, the first official accounts of Jean's leaving Galveston Island included the tale the military forcing his departure and setting his stronghold ablaze. Obviously, today we know that isn't true and that his actual departure was a mutually agreed and peaceful affair. General history is just that, very general and usually painted by those parties who need it, or want it, painted that way.

Jean? Sephardic Jew; had several brothers... Alex (aka YOU) was a FreeMason & is buried in NO.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
franklin, YOU started recent "posts" about NO ("post" # 36)... THAT is where I "start" from; now, "scoop" wants to "chat" about Jean...

Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Frank,, for info on photo software. I can see,better now,lol. And,I, smell Bacon, shall I say I found Bacon on map. There is a Big picture,lol. If it were ment for everyone to understand, It wouldn't be in this predicament.. Justintime.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jean? Sephardic Jew; had several brothers... Alex (aka YOU) was a FreeMason & is buried in NO.

Much of what has been put out there, for whatever the reason it may have been put out there at the time, "isn't true." There are ways of confirming information and much of what is documented in one place actually becomes very conflicting in other documents. i.e., you can't be in two places a thousand miles or more apart at exactly the same time, etc. "A lot" of what has been written about him simply comes down to what the writer chose to believe at the time based on the information that what was presented in front of him. Today we have the resources to compare documents and materials in archives from around the world and a great deal of what is there simply conflicts with what has been written and recorded in the past. The same is also very true of the period in which he lived and the more notable events and business affairs he and his brothers were involved in.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Your an Expert on,the Bacon Vault,Frank, is it possible, the vault was just a place to put info,maps,ect..the treasure had to be found. Why no less than thirty guys fond of Adventure,involed in perlious enterprise,which has a legacy, election,captains,Solomon obligations to obey,wow.. Now I got the original DOI signed by John Hancock, and initials T.J.B.. That was Sealed in a iron,box,muti maps,Egyptian handle, much,much,more. It,was and is,the driving force for the development of what we have today,USA, in God we trust..I..remain as ever. Justaskn..Justintime

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your an Expert on,the Bacon Vault,Frank, is it possible, the vault was just a place to put info,maps,ect..the treasure had to be found. Why no less than thirty guys fond of Adventure,involed in perlious enterprise,which has a legacy, election,captains,Solomon obligations to obey,wow.. Now I got the original DOI signed by John Hancock, and initials T.J.B.. That was Sealed in a iron,box,muti maps,Egyptian handle, much,much,more. It,was and is,the driving force for the development of what we have today,USA, in God we trust..I..remain as ever. Justaskn..Justintime

The infamous B vaults legend/myth. How many men do you think it would have taken to arrange and to proceed with everything? Now let's keep all these activities a secret, not so much as a single account of any of it. I mean really think about it, from the very first notion of such an enterprise to it's presence state, How many people/lives do you think the entire affair would have touched? And yet, not a single account has ever been found to even support the possibility of such a monstrous enterprise. Just saying, from a practical stand point, not very probable or likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread