Interesting take on Beale treasure and code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
Thomas Beale Treasure...is a hoax
[ Back ] [ Home ] [ Next ]​

I see that no one has posted a follow up to your first message. In your message you conclude that the Beale Treasure is a hoax or has long since been recovered.
You forgot the third option------it is still there. The reason most can not solve this mystery is because they are making it more complicated than it actually is. First of all, why does everyone think that code paper number three has the names of thirty associates of Thomas J. Beale. I know the letters say so, but where are the actual letters of Thomas J. Beale.
They have vanished as has the original code papers. What you have left are altered personal letters of Thomas J. Beale and a deciphered altered code papers with an altered story that proves the gold and silver came from out west. Now, all of this does not make the Beale Treasure story a hoax, if you look at it from our point of view-------if the story, letters and codes were altered ------then the story is true and someone is trying to keep us from finding it.
The author of the "Job Print Pamphlet" wanted someone else to find the "KEY"-------all that he wanted was the treasure and if you took him or her the "KEY" then they would go get the treasure themselves. They never intended anyone else to find the treasure that is why it has been so hard to find the decipherment of the Beale Treasure Cipher Codes. But, we have found the "KEY"; we have followered all of the directions and we have found the treasure's location. The vault has not been entered or opened.
We hope to raise funds for the recovery by sells of our video tape we have in stores and markets or we hope some sponsor or investor will come forward and finance this most historic find. As for the Beale Cipher Papers: Code Paper number one was the actual code paper that was broken using the Declaration of Independence. It was broken by using the first letter of each word beginning with the first word of the first paragraph; and it was the first document that formed this great country we now live in today.
So, why was it numbered, code paper number two, because that is the way the author numbered them. The author says he numbered them according to length. As for the part about the directions being in code paper number one and all of the names of Beale's associates being in code paper number three. This was added to the letters to help with the random numbers that were thrown into the actual code papers------to camouflage them; if you will. Since, the DOI deciphered code paper number one the other two remaining codes--------one gives directions to the vault and the other gives the exact locality of the vault.
There never was any code that gave the names of all thirty associates of Thomas J. Beale, as he did not have that many associates. The only names listed in the decipherment of the other codes are the names of homesteads, you would pass by on your way to the treasure's burial site. Other than these names for directions, there were only two other names mentioned: T. J. Read, the man that buried the treasure and George Luck. George Luck was the only man that Read told about the cipher code papers and the iron box. No other names are mentioned other than names for directions. I wish everyone luck in their searches for treasure, but I hope we get to recover this Beale Treasure, first. [email protected]
: Greetings,

: I was surprised not to have found any post on this forum that spent time concerning the Beale Papers. Perhaps this has already been lengthy discussed and if so I would be much obliged shoulkd you wish to share any findings.
: In short the Beale stroy goes like this: Late nineteenth century a pamphlet was published by a certain James Ward that spoke of happenings in Bedford county virginia USA some fifty years earlier. Supposedly million dollar treasure was buried (consisting of gold, silver and jewelry) somewhere within a natural vault and covered to return to later. This treasure was supposed to have been gathered by a number of men of about thirty. The story vaguely tells that none came to return for the gold. Except for Thomas Jefferson Beale who made a second deposit and left the mysterious clue to a hotellier whom he found friendly and honest. He gave the hotellier a box and told him to wait until news came from TJ or not sooner than ten years.
: Years passed and after more than 20 years the hotellier, convinced Beale had perished on his lat trip out of edford,opened the box and found amongst else three papers covered with numbers. Years he spent trying o figure the codes out but was unsuccesfull and passed the papers on to James Ward who in turn spent also years figuring out the code with a small succes. Ward (or the author of the pamphlet) broke the code of the second sheet (the one without title) and found a small description of startingpoint and the contents of the treasure. Using the Declaration of Independence and what is known as a book-cipher he was able to extract for each word the first letter of the word of the DOI the number represented.
: But all other efforts poved fruitless. Treasure seekers throughout the world tried their hand at breaking the code which still seems to have ben unbroken. Later a wrong version circulated (the original papers having been destroyed in a fire) of the ciphers in the form of the Hart Papers. But a version of the Pamphlet was found in the Library or Congress and published for all to read (you can find your own version on the Internet by simply typing "Beale treasure" on Yahoo or something).
: After having read the story (there is more to it) one must consider that it might all be a hoax. A fake to lure late nineteenth centurers to buy a fading memory of the early days of the West. However all arguments that prove it wrong could also be explained to conclude them right. For instance the discussion why the third document was encypted (containing the names and residences of the thirty in question) at all could be easily explained as follows: If the second document is somehow a key to the third or if the third document is somehow a key to the first then any attempt to locate the directions should be done via document three. That means that you will have to translate the names before an attempt to find treasure can succeed. Thus when you wish to make the find public the names will be their and the offspring may lay claim to their cut. Off course this is just a hunch.
: If this isn't a clever fake then we may also consider that the treasure is long gone. In Cambridge there was a link to a certain "Old miser Beale" who was supposedly buried on his treasure in 1844. Many treasure hunters have since visited Bedford to attempt to locate the treasure on their own without the papers. Such a find would off course best be kept secret. There are also claims of difficult formula's used to break the codes but the distinguishable Beale, surely a learned englishman, would not make its efforts to difficult I think for the Hotellier in whom he confided could not be expected to solve Pi-like enigma's. Eben with the key. So there is the real possibility that the story is either fake or that the treasure has already been found. Yet still this story does not end then.
: For the true treasure lies within the Beale Papers. When reading it one cannot help himself just to suspect the prospects of what is written. Such a story can hardly be a fabrication and gives any man inside info on how life was before the auto on the american frontier. Even with the treasure long gone the solution to this riddle (which has eluded proffesional and amateur for nearly 200 years now) will make you world famous and give you a strong beginning position in the world of treasure hunting. And that is perhaps the real treasure.
: I have my own ideas but so far my humble attempts amounted to nothing. Should you wish to share your finds or thoughts please don't hesitate to mail me or to reply to this post. :

K

Kentucky Kache

Thomas Beale Treasure...is a hoax
[ Back ] [ Home ] [ Next ]​

I see that no one has posted a follow up to your first message. In your message you conclude that the Beale Treasure is a hoax or has long since been recovered.

A hoax, or already been recovered. That, to me, is a sign of a true skeptic. There's no way a treasure can actually exist. Even IF the story is true, the treasure HAS TO HAVE already been found. There's just no other way.

Having said that, I believe the Beale story is PROBABLY just a legend. But I refuse to be a skeptic.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research suggest the 1819 & 1821 deposits were probably real, but this same research also suggest that these were not "buried in some undisclosed hole" as most believe. The depository in question had an actual vault that was six feet underground and made of solid stone. At the onset this money was being held in confidence but later, and just prior to the second deposit, a portion of this money was agreed to be placed into a trust for a period of ten years. The issue that caused the involvement of Morriss was simply a matter of human trust, as the depositors were not all that trusting of the men they had entered into the ten-year trust with. However, the business was actually handled to agreeable terms prior to the end of the ten-year term. There is no physical treasure buried in some undisclosed hiding place awaiting discovery. Never was. "Legend"....it has become that.

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
Hmmmmm interesting bigscoop,then what do you think about the codes fake or not?.....Kenjmor

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm interesting bigscoop,then what do you think about the codes fake or not?.....Kenjmor

Personally, I think the unknown author already knew all the real details behind the source of the deposits. I think the pamphlet was an attempt to ferret out the keyword list for the critical 19 four digit codes. On page 4 of the Beale Papers it reads;

"Unmeaning, as this had hitherto been, it was now fully explained, and no difficulty was apprehended in mastering the others;.....", he's telling us that he had already decoded all of the ciphers. As we continue to read he writes; "That they would attach no importance to a seemingly unintelligible writing seems quite natural; but their attention being called to them by the publication of this narrative, may result in eventually bringing to light the missing paper."

A written document such as the DOI, an article, etc., is intelligible, not "unintelligible". However, a simple list of words with corresponding four digit codes would be, "unintelligible", as they would present no order or meaning either in a group or by themselves.

Clearly the unknown author already knew what the ciphers said, but without the critical four digit codes he still had nothing. By 1885 all of the people in C3 were already dead, as was Morriss, etc. What the unknown author didn't know is that the 1817 - 1831 business had already been concluded long ago.
In 1826 the original agreement was amended and in 1830 all of the loose ends were finalized.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The Beale Treasure is real, not a hoax, fosure. Justsayn..lol The pamphlet worked, it helped to bring to light,The Key.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beale Treasure is real, not a hoax, fosure. Justsayn..lol The pamphlet worked, it helped to bring to light,The Key.

Justintime, as always, I wish you all the best in whatever you pursue. But, I seriously doubt anyone is going to unearth "the two deposits" described in the pamphlet. I think you and I both know that's never going to happen. But, by all means, keep looking for it. I would actually love to be proven wrong on this one. :icon_thumright:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Justintime, as always, I wish you all the best
Code:
in whatever you pursue. But, I seriously doubt anyone is going to unearth "the two deposits" described in the pamphlet. I think you and I both know that's never going to happen. But, by all means, keep looking for it. I would actually love to be proven wrong on this one. :icon_thumright:

The vault has been located for sure, it may be empty,don't know. The deposit two is in vault one. They built a vault, wete , It, alone will be safe. Only time tell, hope its full of stuff. Regardless, its been a honor to be part of the enterprise. Thanks ,Justintime.:key:=:treasurechest::laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
3 pots of classic everyday. Like irish but don,t want the giggles. Saw a painting ,and for date (french artist) day was first,then month, then year. Mid 20th century. Anyone looked into any codes (if) taught at west point prewar? Combined with a foreign allies dialect or a uniquely umm southern document or song ect. (No offence d.o.i. users.) Heard an eyewitness account of donated goods for ww2 at train station. Unpatriotic as it was suspicion mentioned regarding hand guns being cherry picked and not reaching their intended destination. Rumors today of diverted goods,funds. Other wars too. Some stuff to be melted rerouted and cached believable enough for me. Especially if sanctioned. Acquisition by whom ,distribution,placement. Beale legend whets appetite, but such faint tracks with others on top of them.

Getting within 200 year mark,well 3 decades or so since a vault was breached?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, here's a "tale" for the CAMPFIRE CIRCLE... YOU bring the coffee! Jean Lafitte's gold, silver, & jewelry from his "pirating" days were stored at the "first" U.S. Mint, down in New Orleans, La. (NOW, a museum); info is from Paschal Buford, who was captain of artillery; lived in the FRENCH QUARTER, for a while, knowing about the TEMPLE. "Fast-forward" to Mexican War: The Mexican Treasury has mysteriously disappeared... U.S. Army Capt. Robert E. Lee is implicated in 1848. It is deposited in the "first" U.S. Mint in N.O.; "fast-forward" to the CONFEDERATE WAR... REBELS seized "first" U.S. Mint... making it the CSA Mint; has $$$$$$$$$$ from Jean Lafitte, Mexican Treasury, and "U.S." $$$$$$.
SOME gold & silver coins are melted down to create CSA gold & silver coins & "simple" bars. SO! Yer correct... War of 1812, Mexican War, CONFEDERATE WAR. MORE, later... need more coffee!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
BACK; the jewelry from Lafitte, Mexican Treasury, etc was sold to Royalty in Europe, during the CONFEDERATE WAR, raising $$$$$$$$$$$ for the Southern Rebellion... Lincoln is NOT amused. Southern ladies ALSO donated jewelry for the southern "cause". Plans are being made to create SOUTHERN "conclaves" in Mexico, Cuba, & South America (Brazil). SO! Now... for a RESTLESS day... "google" CSA Mint - New Orleans, La. (Early 1861). LOL!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Seen reference to same in other posts. Compared to ,say brass to Macon,why not utilize nice pieces for barter with allies or whoever as opposed to melting them. Makes sense. As does securing them when pressured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread