OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say those figures represent a fairly accurate summary of the total value of the claimed treasure during the period in question, though I don't recall $750'000 having actually been referenced in the pamphlet.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the amount of those two deposits sort of sets a guide as to the size of the treasure being looked for, as it might relate to the Beale story. The reason I brought this up is because some of the claimed Beale possibilities would far exceed this amount and the overall size of the "very detailed" deposits in question.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The ratios of gold silver and jewels, is one of the 31 portions. It says have to divide, how is that when there all ready in separate receptacles. The divide part was Key reading info,as for alot. ,Justsayn, Justintime

K

Kentucky Kache

The ratios of gold silver and jewels, is one of the 31 portions. It says have to divide, how is that when there all ready in separate receptacles. The divide part was Key reading info,as for alot. ,Justsayn, Justintime

If you add to the amount given in the Beale papers, that would be multiplying. By dividing, you're taking the amount given and splitting into separate parts.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have no idea what you are suggesting? We've taken "the total" sum of the two deposits and we have attached a real world value to it as it would have existed during the era in question. The ratio of gold, silver & jewels does not change this total value. Agree?

Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, I'm sure who ever suppose to find it has a huge set of scales,and knows how to use them, finding is hard enough, the share part is seperated, there are parts that cannot be divided,lol, the ratio just lets one know the portion amount.lol

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no idea what you are suggesting? We've taken "the total" sum of the two deposits and we have attached a real world value to it as it would have existed during the era in question. The ratio of gold, silver & jewels does not change this total value. Agree?

The ratios are not the total. Thats for sure. Says the key. That amount sounds like boundless wealth. Justsayn,Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Really, dp,you think the added ratio amount, makes boundless wealth,ideas entertained. Lol..lots of people had that much, back then. Justsayn

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Take the total divide by 31, how much would each persons get. Not ideas entertained. Justsayn again,lol Justintime

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ratios are not the total. Thats for sure. Says the key. That amount sounds like boundless wealth. Justsayn,Justintime

Math is the only perfect science known to man, i.e., 2 + 2 = 4, always will come out the same, every time. We know the total weights of the gold and silver in each deposit, there is no doubt about this. We then take the "per-pound" price of gold and silver during the period and we multiply these values accordingly by the total sum of each of the described precious metals. This perfect science then provides us with an accurate value of the entire sum of both deposits. You cannot magically change these values to suit your own personal wants/needs/desires. The total value of the "Beale" deposits was right at 3/4 of million, give or take a few dollars. This is the topic of this particular thread, the value of the Beale deposits during the era in which they were allegedly made. No super secret math here. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take the total divide by 31, how much would each persons get. Not ideas entertained. Justsayn again,lol Justintime

"If" there were 31 people, all getting equal amounts, they would each get roughly $24.500.00 (rounded off). And your point?

K

Kentucky Kache

Math is the only perfect science known to man, i.e., 2 + 2 = 4, always will come out the same, every time. We know the total weights of the gold and silver in each deposit, there is no doubt about this. We then take the "per-pound" price of gold and silver during the period and we multiply these values accordingly by the total sum of each of the described precious metals. This perfect science then provides us with an accurate value of the entire sum of both deposits. You cannot magically change these values to suit your own personal wants/needs/desires. The total value of the "Beale" deposits was right at 3/4 of million, give or take a few dollars. This is the topic of this particular thread, the value of the Beale deposits during the era in which they were allegedly made. No super secret math here. :laughing7:

This is what I was getting at as well. We know the weight of the treasure, meaning it's value at that time. To make it more we would have to multiply.

24,500 would have been quite a fortune in the early 1800s.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
"If" there were 31 people, all getting equal amounts, they would each get roughly $24.500.00 (rounded off). And your point?

Point being, 24,500$, is alot for time,but really not sufficient, for all the efforts. Aot of the people paying the bills had that much. Not ideas Entertained,boundless wealth. So Morriss, suppose to find some gold ore,and silver ore, refine it, bring in a huge set of scales,weigh it all out Lol. Sounds like a perilous enterprise.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Small fortune,for a poor man. These wasn't your poor men,I assure you,lol.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Point being, 24,500$, is alot for time,but really not sufficient, for all the efforts. Aot of the people paying the bills had that much. Not ideas Entertained,boundless wealth. So Morriss, suppose to find some gold ore,and silver ore, refine it, bring in a huge set of scales,weigh it all out Lol. Sounds like a perilous enterprise.

I don't know what book you've been reading, but where do you see "ore" in the Beale Pamphlet? The fact that it isn't said should also tell you something. This "treasure" never came from the adventure described in the pamphlet. However, it's amount was no more or no less then what was described. And, there is a perfectly good reason why they couldn't tell the truth as to where the money came from. Your story is entertaining, that's for sure, but it has nothing to do with the Beale mystery. Sorry. :icon_thumright:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

3/4 million,per person sounds far. Can't read one thing,totally focus it. Open up. I have no wants or needs,mine are filled. The truth, to conceal,is to reveal. Lol..PS math isn't allway right. There are many examples look it up. The story that is being told in Beale letters,isn't all literally true, a story for key holder, and to keep the story alive. Justintime8-)

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3/4 million,per person sounds far. Can't read one thing,totally focus it. Open up. I have no wants or needs,mine are filled. The truth, to conceal,is to reveal. Lol..PS math isn't allway right. There are many examples look it up. The story that is being told in Beale letters,isn't all literally true, a story for key holder, and to keep the story alive. Justintime8-)

Hey, you believe whatever you need/want to believe. But this thread is about the "actual value" of the two described/detailed deposits in the Beale Pamphlet, as they would have been during the period in question. We are using real world figures and real math. We are not speculating or embellishing these amounts to suit us or the possible theories we may be entertaining. So for the sake of this important subject, let's try to stick to facts and those things that can be proven in regards to the deposits. Enough of the fantasy stuff. National Treasure was just a movie, it wasn't real. :laughing7:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of the story is true,some of it aint,, agree. Who decides what is and what isn't, is it you Scoop, do you have the key, Justsayn,your just like every other keyless person. Lost.. You can solve it just from being a good writer,lol. Disprove me. you have nothing and has shown nothing, noone put you incharge, of whats right,and whats wrong. You know everything, I knew you was going to,jump on the ore thing,lol.. The letter said natural. Lol. You don't need the key, go get it

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the story is true,some of it aint,, agree. Who decides what is and what isn't, is it you Scoop, do you have the key, Justsayn,your just like every other keyless person. Lost.. You can solve it just from being a good writer,lol. Disprove me. you have nothing and has shown nothing, noone put you incharge, of whats right,and whats wrong. You know everything, I knew you was going to,jump on the ore thing,lol.. The letter said natural. Lol. You don't need the key, go get it

Now who do you sound like? The point is, and you know this, or at the very least, you suspect it,.......I wouldn't be standing fast to my theory if I didn't have some very special info to back it up. My confidence has never been rattled, and never will be. And there's a reason for that. And there has been for quite some time now. :icon_thumright:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread