OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Lastleg is buying. :laughing7:

Lastleg was ROWDY, last night; LOTS of tongue wrasseling with the "girls" mud wrestlers; LOTS of BEE ALE going around... ALL "on Lastleg"; it DOES have a MEAN, "sting" to it, tho... I was "incognito". LOL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lastleg was ROWDY, last night; LOTS of tongue wrasseling with the "girls" mud wrestlers; LOTS of BEE ALE going around... ALL "on Lastleg"; it DOES have a MEAN, "sting" to it, tho... I was "incognito". LOL!

He certainly took the group hug to a whole new level. :laughing7:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
In an age of uncertainty and doubt it is nice to know exactly where I can find you. LOL

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FURTHER possibilities; DIAMONDS came from Lafitte Bros. "up-river" hiding place from Spanish "PLUNDER" down in New Orleans OR... French TRAPPERS, INDIAN AGENTS, SPIES from NEW FRANCE (aka French-speaking CANADA). St. Loo DID have a "primitive" FRENCH community from New Orleans (Orleans in France...?), AND! NEW FRANCE (Canada). Hmmm... FRENCH Jewelry for the "BE" (Beale Expedition"...?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There was plenty of jewelry in St. Louis----I know of at least three jewelry dealers in business in St. Louis at that time. THen there were the wealthy families such as Governor Clark's. Anyone could have furnished $13,000 in jewelry NOT diamonds.

PLENTY of Jewelry; THAT is correct. SELLERS of Jewelry; PROBABLY true... BUT! NOT likely to be MAKERS of Jewelry... WHERE did the Jewelry (including DIAMONDS...) come from, was MY "point"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions