The Noticings of a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon96

Mar 16, 2013
Gloucestershire
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I only started looking into the Beale Codes earlier today but I've already been bitten by the gold bug and now am hooked. I don't know if I'm completely late to the party and am going to be stating what everyone has realized for ages but here are a few things I noticed. Also please bare in mind that I'm a British 16 year old with an over-active imagination and so my knowledge of US history is not extensive and so If I'm getting things completely wrong feel free to call me an idiot.

1. Thomas Jefferson Beale and Robert Morriss both share names of signers of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson for Virginia and Robert Morris for Pennsylvania. Now I'm guessing that Thomas new of this connection and that is why the Declaration is the key to the second cypher.

2. If this link is correct, is it not possible that the other high profile documents signed by the original Robert Morris, the Articles of Confederation, and the United States Constitution, are the keys for the 1st and 3rd cyphers.

3. If Thomas is the child of Sally Hemmings as referred to by James T. Callender could it not be possible that Robert Morriss was one of the sons of the original Robert Morriss which would thus explain why Beale would entrust him with his gold, maybe a family friend connection of sorts.

Also, what's the DOI that people refer to on this forum?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jon96,

The first thing you have to realize is that everything that has been published in regards to the Beale Papers possibly holding any measure of truth is all 100% "speculation". If you take away all of this speculation then there is nothing at all other then the story in the pamphlet. Not one single piece of credible evidence exist anywhere in support of this treasure tale. At best, and depending on the theory investigated, there are a few notions with some strong circumstantial evidence, but nothing more. Just as you have begun items 2 & 3 in your previous post with "if"....that is also what 99.9% of the past 125 years of accumulated research has produced, just more "if" scenarios without any supporting documentation or credible evidence that the story is even true. This is a very easy story to believe in for these same reasons, because this same lack of documentation and supporting evidence is also required to conclusively disprove it, and so those who wish or need to believe easily can. To date, after thousands upon thousands of efforts, not a single piece of documented evidence exist in support of the treasure being research. Be very careful what you choose to buy into.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So I only started looking into the Beale Codes earlier today but I've already been bitten by the gold bug and now am hooked. I don't know if I'm completely late to the party and am going to be stating what everyone has realized for ages but here are a few things I noticed. Also please bare in mind that I'm a British 16 year old with an over-active imagination and so my knowledge of US history is not extensive and so If I'm getting things completely wrong feel free to call me an idiot.

1. Thomas Jefferson Beale and Robert Morriss both share names of signers of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson for Virginia and Robert Morris for Pennsylvania. Now I'm guessing that Thomas new of this connection and that is why the Declaration is the key to the second cypher.

2. If this link is correct, is it not possible that the other high profile documents signed by the original Robert Morris, the Articles of Confederation, and the United States Constitution, are the keys for the 1st and 3rd cyphers.

3. If Thomas is the child of Sally Hemmings as referred to by James T. Callender could it not be possible that Robert Morriss was one of the sons of the original Robert Morriss which would thus explain why Beale would entrust him with his gold, maybe a family friend connection of sorts.

Also, what's the DOI that people refer to on this forum?

DOI = Declaration of Independence; "PROBLEM" is... WHICH one. LOL!

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Franklin, did you notice that you said the "Author" messed up the nubering of the DOI. Strange how he also screw up the #2 cipher. Second question is why didn't the autor state that there was a error in the numbering and that there was over 90+ error in the cipher. Didn't the author say that he had aranged the ciphers according to size then numbered them but according to the letters addressed to Morriss they were already numbered. How can none of this be questioned when so many have handled these paper, ie. TJB, Morriss, Author, Sherman and Ward. This in itself would tell me that TJB, Morris and the author were one in the same person and that Sherman and Ward were used for publishing and distribution. "The game is afoot"!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not entirely. I believe the story was a cover-up for a real treasure and I know where that new location is, the only trouble is I can not get the Federal Government to work with me. I have been trying for over two years. I have found enough treasures to put the National Treasure movies to shame if I only had a little bit of help. I have found what everyone has been looking for and it will be enough to pay off the National Deficit.

I suspect if you had all the smoking guns I'm sure they'd be all over it. After all, I'm sure they've heard their fair share of similar claims in the past and with all of the research resources they have at their disposal, well, I'm sure they look things over pretty well.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I suspect if you had all the smoking guns I'm sure they'd be all over it. After all, I'm sure they've heard their fair share of similar claims in the past and with all of the research resources they have at their disposal, well, I'm sure they look things over pretty well.

The FEDS (think NSA) ARE all over "it"; enough info to RESTRICT access to "sites of interest"...

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FEDS (think NSA) ARE all over "it"; enough info to RESTRICT access to "sites of interest"...

OK....:laughing7: The Lost Dutchman, Victorio Peak, etc., etc., etc.,.....whenever these things can't be solved it's always the Government behind it all. This same claim is pretty much solidified in every unsolved treasure legend to date.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP! On FED land... SOME, STATE land; THINK about it...

I think it's mostly a matter of convenience in complete absence of the answers sought. Personally, I don't buy into all the government cover up claims. Again, the biggest thing missing in all these similar type claims is the absence of the smoking guns required to confirm the original tale. I think most of these cover up claims are simply perpetuated by dismayed treasure hunters. But, that's just my personal opinion.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think it's mostly a matter of convenience in complete absence of the answers sought. Personally, I don't buy into all the government cover up claims. Again, the biggest thing missing in all these similar type claims is the absence of the smoking guns required to confirm the original tale. I think most of these cover up claims are simply perpetuated by dismayed treasure hunters. But, that's just my personal opinion.

YEP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread