WARD BASED HIS STORY ON ORIGINAL "THE BEALE PAPERS" PUBLISHED 1850 - Page 10
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 1748
Like Tree1580Likes

Thread: WARD BASED HIS STORY ON ORIGINAL "THE BEALE PAPERS" PUBLISHED 1850

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #136
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    SO! WHAT are we looking for...? RAW Gold, RAW Silver, some Jewelry...? HA! NO proof of ownership... ANYONE can "claim" it!
    You fellas really need to consult an attorney. But dosen't matter anyway. Not an issue until it would actually be found so let's get back to discussing those possibilities, etc.
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  2. #137
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Here is a little law-----A "Will" has to be notarized for it to be legal. Any contract has to be notarized to be legal. First, problem is someone solving C3 ----- has not been solved in 128 years at least to anyone's satisfaction. Next is to prove relationships as a claimant. Three ever whom gets the courts to investigate their claim will have to pay the court not the treasure finder. Fourth the courts do not do any investigating. Fifth proving relationship is the claimant's responsibility not the courts. Sixth, the courts our own US Government is not in the treasure business.
    Franklin, I know this area of the law well. You're just guessing/hoping/assuming, etc., from the finder's point of view. Go see an attorney, deal in facts so you'll know exactly what to expect should the time ever come. The minute any treasure discovery is connected to the Beale story it opens up a whole knew world within the law. Enough said, assume what you wish. And if what you posted is from an attorney, go get one that has actually passed the bar.
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  3. #138

    Jun 2007
    21,346
    13787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    SO! WHAT are we looking for...? RAW Gold, RAW Silver, some Jewelry...? HA! NO proof of ownership... ANYONE can "claim" it!
    AGAIN! RAW Gold, RAW Silver, & some JEWELRY...? BC # 3 is QUESTIONABLE! NO Wills are indicated...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; May 05, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
    45th_Johnny and franklin like this.

  4. #139
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    AGAIN! RAW Gold, RAW Silver, & some JEWELRY...? BC # 3 is QUESTIONABLE! NO Wills are indicated...
    A will was indicated. A type of living will. As soon as Morriss accepted the box and the terms he became the executor of the detailed wishes that have been clearly outlined in the story. If he became unable to carry out the agreement he was then to choose another in his place, which he did. It's all printed in black and white in the Beale Pamphlet story. You do not have to possess a written contract to enact a legally enforceable binding agreement. All that is required is that you can prove the agreement was made. But again, doesn't matter either way at this point other then preparedness.

    "AGAIN! RAW Gold, RAW Silver, & some JEWELRY...? BC # 3 is QUESTIONABLE!"
    Actually #3 is only questionable as far as the exact language, there is no question as to what it is suppose to contain. As far as what type of treasure supposedly made up the contents of the treasure, it says gold and silver and diamonds. Other then for possible transportation issues, it would do little good to know the exact weight of the unprocessed material, not to mention that the size of the shipments would take on entirely new dimensions.
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  5. #140

    Jun 2007
    21,346
    13787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    A will was indicated. A type of living will. As soon as Morriss accepted the box and the terms he became the executor of the detailed wishes that have been clearly outlined in the story. If he became unable to carry out the agreement he was then to choose another in his place, which he did. It's all printed in black and white in the Beale Pamphlet story. You do not have to possess a written contract to enact a legally enforceable binding agreement. All that is required is that you can prove the agreement was made. But again, doesn't matter either way at this point other then preparedness.

    "AGAIN! RAW Gold, RAW Silver, & some JEWELRY...? BC # 3 is QUESTIONABLE!"
    Actually #3 is only questionable as far as the exact language, there is no question as to what it is suppose to contain. As far as what type of treasure supposedly made up the contents of the treasure, it says gold and silver and diamonds. Other then for possible transportation issues, it would do little good to know the exact weight of the unprocessed material, not to mention that the size of the shipments would take on entirely new dimensions.
    LOL! Only the ORIGINAL copy of "said wills" would be accepted; all WE have are COPIES from the books & "NET"... HA!
    GOOD LUCK in "enforcing" THAT! Even seen one "fake will" on the "net" somewhere...
    AGAIN! RAW Gold, Raw Silver, some Jewelry from St. Loo...?
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; May 05, 2013 at 06:17 PM.
    45th_Johnny and franklin like this.

  6. #141
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    LOL! Only the ORIGINAL copy of "said wills" would be accepted; all WE have are COPIES from the books & "NET"... HA!
    GOOD LUCK in "enforcing" THAT! Even seen one "fake will" on the "net" somewhere...
    AGAIN! RAW Gold, Raw Silver, some Jewelry from St. Loo...?
    "Only the ORIGINAL copy of "said wills" would be accepted";....believe what you wish....

    "AGAIN! RAW Gold, RAW Silver, & some JEWELRY...?" Why, thanks for asking! I'll take a truckload of both!
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  7. #142
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    You come in and finance my recoveries and you can have a truck load of each.
    I told you before that if you can really document your case and show provenance then I can probably hook you up with a backer. We discussed this before, remember?
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  8. #143

    Jun 2007
    21,346
    13787 times
    BUT! WHAT are we looking for...? RAW Gold, RAW Silver, some JEWELRY from St. LOO...? Gold Coins, Silver Coins, some Jewelry...? GOLD Bars, SILVER Bars, some Jewelry...?
    45th_Johnny and franklin like this.

  9. #144
    ECS
    ECS is online now
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    10,366
    13713 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research

    BEALL,BEALE HERE,A BELL,BEALE THERE,HERE A BEALL,THERE A BEALE,EVERYWHERE A BEALE ...

    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Here's what I think you will eventually workout......the whole "Beale/Beall" issue is very misleading and confusing as far as who was actually who. I noticed this first in New Orleans.

    At this point I think Franklin is correct when he claims that a Beale party went west, however, I think that party's source was much different then what he thinks it to be. A Captain Thomas Beall, said to be of Harper's Fairy, can even be placed on one of the vessels transporting the French refugees. So, if we use the timeline that ECS posted earlier and we add a few more points of interest to it then it might look something like this:

    1816- Laffite occupies Galveston Island.
    1817- APRIL,Beale expedition travels west and finds gold and some silver and works mine for 18 months until Oct 1818.Beale Sr-53,Beale Jr 17,during 1817.
    1817- Vine & Olive Land Grant is approved.
    1817- A Captain Thomas Beale/Beall is aboard a vessel transporting French refugees.
    1817- French Refugees from New Orleans begin to arrive at Galveston Island
    1818- Adam’s Onis Treaty is signed. Graham visits Texas. Lallemand leaves with Graham and fails to carry out his promise to return.
    1819-According to Beale cipher,Beale makes first deposit in Virginia.
    1820-Sept-Beale Sr dies in New Orleans,age 56.
    1821- Beale (Jr?) spends winter at Washington Hotel and gives Morriss iron box with ciphers.
    1821- Adam’s Onis Treaty is ratified.
    1821- Laffite leaves Galveston.
    1821-According to Beale cipher,Beale makes 2nd deposit in Virginia.
    1822-Beale(Jr?) returns to Washinton Hotel and spends the winter.
    1823- Monroe Doctrine introduced on December 2.
    1823-Oct-Beale Jr dies in New Orleans,age 24.
    1829/30 – The Laffites & Joseph Boneparte are in Richmond for nearly a year. While there Joseph Boneparte writes President Monroe a letter inquiring about payments received for services rendered, Monroe replies “utterly” denying the claim. (The Monroe letter still survives while Boneparte’s letter seems to have disappeared for the time being?)

    But there is also a lot more to all of this.
    There were a lot of Thomas Beales in the area at that time.
    What if the Thomas J Beale who presented himself to Morriss was just an alias used to fit in with the locals ?That would make him a "familar stranger".
    ...and who was Chlory Delancy/Chloe Dalancy/Delaney from Boteourt County who claimed to be heir of Beale Sr's Virginia property after his death in 1820?
    45th_Johnny likes this.

  10. #145
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    There were a lot of Thomas Beales in the area at that time.
    What if the Thomas J Beale who presented himself to Morriss was just an alias used to fit in with the locals ?That would make him a "familar stranger".
    ...and who was Chlory Delancy/Chloe Dalancy/Delaney from Boteourt County who claimed to be heir of Beale Sr's Virginia property after his death in 1820?
    According to the unknown author, he first learned of the affair in 1862 after setting up an interview with Morriss. We also know he had important business affairs in Richmond. At the beginning of the Beale Pamphlet we are told that the story was confined to his "immediate family" and one true friend he could always rely. Keep this in mind:

    In 1862 "Bonaparte" representatives were trying to buy property in the Lynchburg/Bedford area, at this time there were also French representatives under Napoleon III in Richmond. In 1862 Napoleon III was also trying to seize control over Mexico under heavy American protest. In the Pamphlet, "TJB" wasn't used in referencing just a name, but rather it was used as a form of alias. If you want to know who the unknown author was then it all comes down to who, exactly, was in Richmond in 1862 representing the French interest?

    Now consider your question: What if the Thomas J Beale who presented himself to Morriss was just an alias used to fit in with the locals ?That would make him a "familar stranger". Now you're hitting on the true roots to the Beale Pamphlet.

    There is a reason "Burford's" is referenced in the Pamphlet and it wasn't just being referenced as a landmark.

    The Beale Pamphlet presents a fascinating bit of history for those who are willing to entertain and investigate the, "connexions".
    Last edited by bigscoop; May 06, 2013 at 07:15 AM.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  11. #146
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    That sail won't fly as there were people living in Lynchburg that knew Thomas J. Beale-----one being James Beverly Risque. I am quite sure he would know if there was a Thomas J. Beale in town or just an imposter. Sorry that boat won't float.
    No.....you're completely missing the entire ship. "Familiar stranger".....that was exactly the point/purpose.
    Last edited by bigscoop; May 06, 2013 at 01:15 PM.
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  12. #147

    Jun 2007
    21,346
    13787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    According to the unknown author, he first learned of the affair in 1862 after setting up an interview with Morriss. We also know he had important business affairs in Richmond. At the beginning of the Beale Pamphlet we are told that the story was confined to his "immediate family" and one true friend he could always rely. Keep this in mind:

    In 1862 "Bonaparte" representatives were trying to buy property in the Lynchburg/Bedford area, at this time there were also French representatives under Napoleon III in Richmond. In 1862 Napoleon III was also trying to seize control over Mexico under heavy American protest. In the Pamphlet, "TJB" wasn't used in referencing just a name, but rather it was used as a form of alias. If you want to know who the unknown author was then it all comes down to who, exactly, was in Richmond in 1862 representing the French interest?

    Now consider your question: What if the Thomas J Beale who presented himself to Morriss was just an alias used to fit in with the locals ?That would make him a "familar stranger". Now you're hitting on the true roots to the Beale Pamphlet.

    There is a reason "Burford's" is referenced in the Pamphlet and it wasn't just being referenced as a landmark.

    The Beale Pamphlet presents a fascinating bit of history for those who are willing to entertain and investigate the, "connexions".
    HA! It's BUFORD'S... not BURFORD'S. P. Buford WAS Captain of an Artillery in War of 1812. His Tombstone even has crossed cannon barrels on it... buried on his land in his CITY OF THE DEAD. "X" marks the spot, eh...?
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; May 06, 2013 at 02:49 PM.
    45th_Johnny and franklin like this.

  13. #148
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    HA! It's BUFORD'S... not BURFORD'S. P. Buford WAS Captain of an Artillery in War of 1812. His Tombstone even has crossed cannon barrels on it... buried on his land in his CITY OF THE DEAD. "X" marks the spot, eh...?
    Ooops...just a spelling error. A lot of artillery men from the War of 1812 right in the thick of things. There was a reason why the US wouldn't let certain French interest get too rooted in this country. A lot of historians believe the Monroe Doctrine was mainly aimed at the British but this just isn't the case. Even in 1862 certain French interest were still holding a grudge over the effects of that document.
    Last edited by bigscoop; May 06, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  14. #149
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

    Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    13,998
    8675 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Let me take a moment and provide you with a basic sketch of what was going on after Waterloo. After Waterloo Napoleon was eventually on the run, at his side was General Charles Lallemand. Not only was Napoleon on the run but so were all of his loyal supporters, including some family members. At this time the intention was to escape to America, a journey Napoleon would had made had it not been for one bad decision, a decision Lallemand didn't join him in making. Now none of this happened quickly and suffice to say that one can only imagine the amount of advanced planning that took place in order to have that ship ready when Lallemand arrived at his pickup location. Point is, there was a lot of advanced planning that took place. The same can be said of Joseph and for most of the major Bonaparte supports that made it to America as well. These men had to dodge countless customs and ship and passenger inspections along the way, not something easily done even with a lot of help. This same type of advanced planning went into the two transfers/deposits in the Beale Pamphlet, something that far surpassed the means of the 30 simple adventurers outlined in the fairytale portion of that pamphlet. It is true that the party was structured in a military fashion simply because the participants were all experienced, loyal military men. One question that I think everyone needs to ask themselves is this; Who can afford to leave such a vast amount of wealth stashed away for so long? Who had a cause that demanded it?
    Last edited by bigscoop; May 06, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
    45th_Johnny likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

  15. #150

    Jun 2007
    21,346
    13787 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Let me take a moment and provide you with a basic sketch of what was going on after Waterloo. After Waterloo Napoleon was eventually on the run, at his side was General Charles Lallemand. Not only was Napoleon on the run but so were all of his loyal supporters, including some family members. At this time the intention was to escape to America, a journey Napoleon would had made had it not been for one bad decision, a decision Lallemand didn't join him in making. Now none of this happened quickly and suffice to say that one can only imagine the amount of advanced planning that took place in order to have that ship ready when Lallemand arrived at his pickup location. Point is, there was a lot of advanced planning that took place. The same can be said of Joseph and for most of the major Bonaparte supports that made it to America as well. These men had to dodge countless customs and ship and passenger inspections along the way, not something easily done even with a lot of help. This same type of advanced planning went into the two transfers/deposits in the Beale Pamphlet, something that far surpassed the means of the 30 simple adventurers outlined in the fairytale portion of that pamphlet. It is true that the party was structured in a military fashion simply because the participants were all experienced, loyal military men. One question that I think everyone needs to ask themselves is this; Who can afford to leave such a vast amount of wealth stashed away for so long? Who had a cause that demanded it?
    A BETTER question is... WHAT was "stashed away for so long"...
    45th_Johnny and franklin like this.

 

 
Page 10 of 117 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 269
    Last Post: Mar 17, 2019, 06:32 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 19, 2012, 04:05 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Feb 28, 2011, 11:03 AM
  4. Ralls County Missouri ? Money "Planted" Published May 26, 1890, Wednesday
    By jeff of pa in forum Treasure Legends - Missouri
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 07, 2010, 12:02 PM
  5. "MDING OUTSIDE A 1850"S CHINESE GRAVEYARD AT 6AM"
    By tinpan in forum Today's Finds!
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2006, 08:29 AM

Search tags for this page

adeline risque married giles ward

,
april 16 1879 gold found in a kentucky cave
,

atocha jeff davis

,

beale papers new orleans

,
j.b ward and beale papers
,

john sherman dime novel

,

lost confederate gold, peaks of otter, va.

,

t j beale expedition

,

the beale paper as published

,
wards pamphlet
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0