WARD BASED HIS STORY ON ORIGINAL "THE BEALE PAPERS" PUBLISHED 1850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You are the poster know it all that is seeking information? We are doing the hard part-----boots on the ground.

AGREE! I have one place to go & get "requested" info; franklin, if I find grave-site & you have DIG-CAM, we can get a "pic" up for "posting"... OR! Maybe NOT!

Last edited:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
AGREE! I have one place to go & get "requested" info; franklin, if I find grave-site & you have DIG-CAM, we can get a "pic" up for "posting"... OR! Maybe NOT!

I see. most of what I find dose not support your position. I stumbled across the grave site just was thinking it was interesting that there was a James B Ward here in the state.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure it wasn't the cover name for Jacob Waltz......another name for Jacob is James, from the Bibical names.....

JacoB Waltz
James B Ward

The agent who passed the info along to Morriss as it was clear that Reavis had been arrested and was making his statement of guilt here

[SIZE=-2]I have been reduced from comparative affluence to absolute penury, entailing suffering upon those it was my duty to protect, and this, too, in spite of their remonstrances. My eyes were at last opened to their condition, and I resolved to sever at once, and forever, all connection with the affair, and retrieve, if possible, my errors. To do this, as the best means of placing temptation beyond my reach, I determined to make public the whole matter, and shift from my shoulders my responsibility to Mr. Morriss. [/SIZE]

Reavis is Beale

Get it Beavis.....:laughing7:

Reavis got caught by the guilt of the murders, so he grabbed his old friend Jacob Waltz from the desert near his mansion, in Ft. McDowell, and bribed him with the location to one of the mines and the gold there....plate and raw ore...if he would deliver the papers to the men in Virginia.

He continually said that "no miner would find my mine", and that you "had to know where to find the vault" to find his mines, and vice versa....meaning the vault was a part of the mapping he spoke about knowing the precise location to.

The Vault? Waltz was in AZ....and here he is speaking about the 'Locality of the Vault' in VA to find the mines in AZ.

As Reavis had a change of heart and was ashamed of the killing of his own men at the hands of the Confederates, he secretly encoded the Beale Codes into a story about the times and his reasoning...

What a creative way to say you are sorry.....

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You have the wrong James B. Ward which is easily found on the Internet but he is the wrong James B. Ward as he is son of John, not Giles from Conn.

That is CORRECT! Giles Ward from Campbell County was/is James Beverly Ward's father...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure it wasn't the cover name for Jacob Waltz......another name for Jacob is James, from the Bibical names...
Reavis is Beale...
Giles Ward married Adeline Risqué, daughter of James Beverly Risqué who had the duel with Thomas Beale over his niece, Julia Hancock.
James Beverly Ward, copyright owner of the 1885 Beale Papers, was the son of Giles and Adeline Ward.
Giles Ward also started the Thespian society in Lynchberg, of which, John Sherman, printer of the 1885 Beale Papers, was also a member.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Giles Ward married Adeline Risqué, daughter of James Beverly Risqué who had the duel with Thomas Beale over his niece, Julia Hancock.
James Beverly Ward, copyright owner of the 1885 Beale Papers, was the son of Giles and Adeline Ward.
Giles Ward also started the Thespian society in Lynchberg, of which, John Sherman, printer of the 1885 Beale Papers, was also a member.

ALL very TRUE, ECS... WELL DONE!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
James Beverly Ward married Harriet Emmaline Buford, daughter of John Buford and Angeline Brown-Otey.
Harriet Risqué, the sister of Ward's mother, married George Hutter.
William N Sherman married Harriet Otey daughter of John Otey, Dec 22,1817,Paschal Buford, SURETY.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
James Beverly Ward married Harriet Emmaline Buford, daughter of John Buford and Angeline Brown-Otey.
Harriet Risqué, the sister of Ward's mother, married George Hutter.
William N Sherman married Harriet Otey daughter of John Otey, Dec 22,1817,Paschal Buford, SURETY.

VERY GOOD!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Reavis is Beale...
James Addison Reavis was born ,May 10, 1843, twenty years AFTER the events mentioned in the 1885 Peale Papers.
If Morriss had the iron box in his possession in the 1820's, as the story states, there is no way Reavis could be Beale.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
CODA

In a 1934 interview article by Mrs Martha Rivers Adams in THE NEWS of Lynchburg, James Beverly Ward's daughter, Adeline Ward McVeigh, stated that her father was the author of the Beale Papers, and it was partially based on a true story, and that she never saw the iron box that was mentioned in the Beale Papers.
This article and others concerning the Beale story by Adams are available on microfilm at Lynchburg's Jones Memorial Library.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In a 1934 interview article by Mrs Martha Rivers Adams in THE NEWS of Lynchburg, James Beverly Ward's daughter, Adeline Ward McVeigh, stated that her father was the author of the Beale Papers, and it was partially based on a true story, and that she never saw the iron box that was mentioned in the Beale Papers.
This article and others concerning the Beale story by Adams are available on microfilm at Lynchburg's Jones Memorial Library.

Look at LETTER-HEAD on paper that JBW wrote on, requesting copy-right for Beale PAPERS...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Look at LETTER-HEAD on paper that JBW wrote on, requesting copy-right for Beale PAPERS...
ADAMS BROS & PAYNES, the company that Ward's son in law, William D Johns, worked.
It is curious that Ward applied for the copyright on borrowed business stationary.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ADAMS BROS & PAYNES, the company that Ward's son in law, William D Johns, worked.
It is curious that Ward applied for the copyright on borrowed business stationary.

YEP! THEN... there was that interview by Mrs. Adams. Hmmm...

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Martha Rivers Adams was married to William Duval Adams Jr, whose father was the main principal of ADAMS BROS & PAYNES LUMBER CO. It was Adams Sr that hired Ward's son in law, William D Johns.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
You're talking a lot of years of experience. You're also setting yourself up to be the fool of the opposite outcome....the one that still survives after 130 years of research and efforts by many of the best in the game. Claims such as yours always come alone every so often and in the end they all die the same slow death for the same exact reasons. Personally, after "a lot of years" of researching this fairytale, I'm very comfortable in knowing that I won't be playing the fool as you suggest. :laughing7: :thumbsup:
Maybe not a fairy tale, but just a dime novel with parlor entertainment ciphers added for the buying public of 1885 Lynchburg.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe not a fairy tale, but just a dime novel with parlor entertainment ciphers added for the buying public of 1885 Lynchburg.

"Thomas J. Beale." The man who held romantic duel with old man Risque? Hmmmm.......:laughing7:
Perhaps there is more to the story then "you want" to believe?

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
I wonder how many people would have paid 50 cents for that pamphlet? It would be like spending $13.00 today for that item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread