OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
However, some of the details in the following might interest you a bit, inspire you keep looking for the truth: (If you are up on some other documents, letters, etc., you will pickup on a few things.)
The Bonapartes in America ? Chapter*14
Interesting,and once again the Philadelphia connection with Girard and Lallemand.
Here is another-Maj General Robert Patterson of Philadelphia had many parties and meetings at his mansion on 13th & Locust St.His guests included Girard,Lallemand and Joseph Bonaparte.
Patterson's mansion had a fireplace mantle that came from Bonaparte's Bordertown,NJ mansion.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's difficult to imagine today but back in the day Napoleon was seen as a worldwide hero fighting for the little guy and support for him was immense, and especially so in this country, and this huge amount of support wasn't just limited to French refugees. Washington was worried to death what might happen if he arrived here, easily raising an army of 100,000 strong and most likely with additional Mexican support. Now toss in the strong Roman Catholic ties and Napoleon's past dealings with Spain and it's easy to see why many in Washington were trembling at the very thought. America was in full treaty with, and conducting good trade with the British, and they were also pursuing a treaty and future trade with Spain. Now consider the entire scope of Champ de Asile had Napoleon actually made it there.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
THE PATTERSON CONNECTION
Elizabeth "Betsy" Patterson of Baltimore married Jerome Bonaparte,Napolean's youngest brother.One place where they met was at Samuel Chase's house at a ball(yes the Chase that signed the DOI).The Roman Catholic Church later declared the marriage null for French political reasons.
Maj Gen Robrt Patterson,an uncle,fought in the Mexican War under Winfield Scott,knew Joseph Bonaparte who was a guest at his mansion,along with Girard,Lallemand,Henry Clay,and Danial Webster.Joseph Bonaparte was offered the crownof Mexico.
Sometimes there are too many coincindences to be just coincidence.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE PATTERSON CONNECTION
Elizabeth "Betsy" Patterson of Baltimore married Jerome Bonaparte,Napolean's youngest brother.One place where they met was at Samuel Chase's house at a ball(yes the Chase that signed the DOI).The Roman Catholic Church later declared the marriage null for French political reasons.
Maj Gen Robrt Patterson,an uncle,fought in the Mexican War under Winfield Scott,knew Joseph Bonaparte who was a guest at his mansion,along with Girard,Lallemand,Henry Clay,and Danial Webster.Joseph Bonaparte was offered the crownof Mexico.
Sometimes there are too many coincindences to be just coincidence.

And the list of coincidences you're about to encounter is going to get much longer, in fact, they're going to become routine and even predictable.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Between the months of November 1818 and February 1819, my commune had $476,000 dollars put away."

This total is equal to 1/2 of the Beale deposits. This money was only held for a period of three months, being relocated just after Champ de Asile was abandoned and George Graham's visit to Galveston Island. The first Beale deposit was in November 1819, roughly eight months after Lallemand & Graham departed Galveston and the signing of the Adma's Onis Treaty.

I have reason to believe that this wealth was kept and transported in caskets, half of the total treasury being relocated after the treaty's signing and the other half eventually being reunited with it after the treaty's ratification. This treasury was originally set in place prior to Lallemand's arrival & construction of Champ de Asile.

"The building was surrounded by a moat and painted red; it became known as, Maison Rouge." Ironically, Laffite never stayed in the plush dwelling, reserving activities there only when entertaining special guest. So who was this home built for?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Laffites"...so little is really known about them in contemporary history. However, Girard, Joseph Bonaparte, Napoleon, the Lallemands, once you really get to investigating things you will encounter direct connections to the Laffites at virtually every turn. Pay extremely close attention to any shipping or ship building and refitting details that you encounter, the coincidences will floor you. This same thing occurs in many of the proposed plans to rescue Napoleon. And let's not overlook some of the details in Girard's early privateering and shipping interest. Through what source did Lallemand arrive at Galveston Island, a feat that took less then a year from his arrival in this country. One can only imagine the amount of advanced planning that taken place. The deeper you look the more you will find.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Bigscoop, All of your research is doing no good to prove one way or the other the Beale Treasure Mystery-----you are only stacking up more misconceptions and mis-ideas. Why can't everyone take the story as written? There were hundreds if not thousands of Americans, Mexicans, French, Spanish and other nationalities living in this country that could come up with the sum of funds you are talking about. Why not either one of them burying their treasure in Bedford County, Virginia. The story should be taken as written or leave the subject along and search for the treasures you seek because they are not the Beale Treasure.

To which I will add... NO "French" presence in Lynchburg/Bedford County, Va. The BRITS prevented the French in after winning the war against France; it was ALL Scot/Irish with HIGH BRIT "things" due to ROYAL GOVERNORS prior to the War of Independence. MUCH Monacan Nation (aka "Indians"), with HIGH QUAKER "influence" for NEW LONDON & Lynchburg, Va. MANY "Frontier" communities established in today Blue Ridge Mountains & along James River.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin, Reb,.....I've not even begun to get to the really good stuff yet. I told you earlier, "it DOES all come back to Bedford County." I understand that this isn't an area either of you know very much about which is why I'm taking my time - so you have time to catch up on things. With just what I've put out here so far you should have easily discovered a few things on your own by now. This isn't a "French" thing.....it is a "Bonaparte" thing. HUGE - HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Franklin, I said before that you were closer then you realized and that you only need to look elsewhere, once you do it should eventually all fall into place for you so can replace your ghost and medium with credible, and factual events and details.

Reb,...you are 100% WRONG in your opinion of a French presence in Bedford Co. During the period "French" was very generalized with two entirely different meanings and agendas. The support for Bonaparte was absolutely huge, so much so that it included Americans, Spanish, Mexican, and even British officers. Bonaparte was much bigger then "French"....instead, he represented a worldwide idea and that idea was also very strong in this country, and even in Virginia. If you think for one second that the names Algernon Sidney Buford & Napoleon Bonaparte Buford were handed off for any other reason then you are hugely mistaken.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. But luck was never factored in. I told Reb a long time ago that if there was any truth to the two deposits that I would find that truth, I even told him he could count it. I told him that because big money always leaves a trail, and it did. I think with what I've already put out here that ECS will be all over this in no time, which is exactly what we want and need at this time, because....there are still two HUGE unresolved issues, and that revolves around "exactly" where and "exactly" what eventually became of those two deposits. The more minds at work the more ground that can be covered and the better the think tank. This has nothing whatsoever to do with silly pride, it has to do with just wanting to end the mystery once and for all, which we aim to do just that. :icon_thumleft:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, Reb,.....I've not even begun to get to the really good stuff yet. I told you earlier, "it DOES all come back to Bedford County." I understand that this isn't an area either of you know very much about which is why I'm taking my time - so you have time to catch up on things. With just what I've put out here so far you should have easily discovered a few things on your own by now. This isn't a "French" thing.....it is a "Bonaparte" thing. HUGE - HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Franklin, I said before that you were closer then you realized and that you only need to look elsewhere, once you do it should eventually all fall into place for you so can replace your ghost and medium with credible, and factual events and details.

Reb,...you are 100% WRONG in your opinion of a French presence in Bedford Co. During the period "French" was very generalized with two entirely different meanings and agendas. The support for Bonaparte was absolutely huge, so much so that it included Americans, Spanish, Mexican, and even British officers. Bonaparte was much bigger then "French"....instead, he represented a worldwide idea and that idea was also very strong in this country, and even in Virginia. If you think for one second that the names Algernon Sidney Buford & Napoleon Bonaparte Buford were handed off for any other reason then you are hugely mistaken.

Idea,worldwide,purpose. Despite eventual results caused by "American" strategy regarding territory, what became of the cause?(no,not a C.S.A. thing chase. I,m leaning towards a new "Penn's woods" on a much bigger scale) And its funding.. :dontknow: sorry Scoop i have not made any clear progress. You know what little i do.
Do know your a long ways ahead! L.o.l..

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

NOT reported in LOCAL history books... TRY me!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the biggest indicator that the deposits no longer exist:
Beale Pamphlet story period = 1817 - 1832 (including the 10 year term).
Joseph Bonaparte's time in America = 1817 - 1832

In 1816 a special meeting was held in New Orleans, there were even representatives of the Roman Catholic Church present. At this same time ships are preparing to transport Joseph Bonaparte and others safely to the United States. Plans to free Napoleon are also being discussed. It is from this meeting that DeAury departs for Galveston Island in preparation of the coming events.

At this same time there are people on the East Coast making the same preparations. New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Charleston SC, Richmond, were the main hubs of this activity. A United States Senator, Thomas Hart Benton (Old Bullion) relocates to St. Louis where he eventually helps French interest establish a bank. From this city there are at least two very prominent traders operating in and around Santa Fe. From Saint Louis slaves are finding their way into Lynchburg, Virginia, some of these sales take place right in front of the area businesses. At the time, the importing of slaves was illegal but such has always been the case when there is demand, so where, "exactly", did these slaves come from, what was their valuable source?

PS: Franklin, There isn't a chance that a party of thirty men from the Bedford County area could have passed through Saint Louis & Santa Fe. without the above referenced network knowing all about it. You might want to consider this.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks. But luck was never factored in. I told Reb a long time ago that if there was any truth to the two deposits that I would find that truth, I even told him he could count it. I told him that because big money always leaves a trail, and it did. I think with what I've already put out here that ECS will be all over this in no time, which is exactly what we want and need at this time, because....there are still two HUGE unresolved issues, and that revolves around "exactly" where and "exactly" what eventually became of those two deposits. The more minds at work the more ground that can be covered and the better the think tank. This has nothing whatsoever to do with silly pride, it has to do with just wanting to end the mystery once and for all, which we aim to do just that. :icon_thumleft:

LOL! Exactly WHAT is of MORE interest to me... RAW Gold, RAW Silver, & some JEWELRY from St. Loo per the "Job Print"...

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Bowie and Lafitte were in slave trade( doing business together 1818),Bowie brought at least some from Lafitte compound in Galveston. Then turning himself in at a customs house in order to get the legal half value as reward ,then buying slaves back allowing him to transport them legally to higher market of New Orleans or farther north up big muddy.While Alamo beyond dates of Bonaparte slaves were there,free men around,and Mexican commanders were clear they were not at war with blacks,seeing them as victims, though laws were being skirted by some (Tejanos for one) being called 99 years indentured servants not slaves. Santa Anna himself acknowledged that by Mexican law they should be free. In addition to illegal slave trade Bowie called attention to himself in counterfeiting land grants,not that others did not but the huge numbers he submitted caused the attention.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Exactly WHAT is of MORE interest to me... RAW Gold, RAW Silver, & some JEWELRY from St. Loo per the "Job Print"...

It doesn't say, "raw", or even "ore". It says gold & silver, distinct differences the author of that cipher would have understood all too well. Nor does it say jewelry, just "diamonds".

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If all but American government get the equivalent of a double cross and gov.is making money off illegal trade would that wealth be hidden from factions in gov.that objected to said trade?.and why is non specie wealth what is alleged to be the subject unless proposed future saw American currency not useable. The other option would be the wealth not from America. Like French and allies (people not nations) providing surety later removed by them or claimed by the government.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but the original Job Print Pamphlet did not say diamonds anywhere?

"Jewels".....maybe I'm just telling too much. :laughing7:

The weights offered are only significant if considering a total value. This is also why the exact value of the "jewels" is offered instead of a weight. What you're looking at is the total value of a treasury, which could be calculated anywhere and at anytime with the exact weights and "jewel" value offered. You're looking at processed gold and silver, probably in a variety of forms, and "jewels" valued at $13,000.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FACTS of History: After the BRITS won the French & Indians War, ALL French exiles were sent to Louisiana; NEW ORLEANS became French "capital" before the War of Independence and even after... BUT! NO "connection" to Lynchburg/Bedford County, VIRGINIA.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FACTS of History: After the BRITS won the French & Indians War, ALL French exiles were sent to Louisiana; NEW ORLEANS became French "capital" before the War of Independence and even after... BUT! NO "connection" to Lynchburg/Bedford County, VIRGINIA.

You're still focusing on "French"......How many past & present Bedford County residents were at the war of 1812 in New Orleans? I'm sure Risque was French, as well as several others. Bonapartism was very strong in the region in certain circles. Many prominent refugees passed through the region and knew various people in the region, etc., etc. 1816 - 1832 is a long way past the French & Indian wars, need to stay within the time period in question.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You're still focusing on "French"......How many past & present Bedford County residents were at the war of 1812 in New Orleans? I'm sure Risque was French, as well as several others. Bonapartism was very strong in the region in certain circles. Many prominent refugees passed through the region and knew various people in the region, etc., etc. 1816 - 1832 is a long way past the French & Indian wars, need to stay within the time period in question.

NO proof that JB Risque was French... I looked. You're looking at 1816-1832; is THAT the "time period in question"...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread