Status
Not open for further replies.

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Mason's, Morriss, and Balls

Lol, no not the testies type. I found a good read on the early Lynchburg families and found many interesting things. It seems in 1828 the morriss's host a Masonic ball. It was written that Mrs Morriss provided a meal like only she could. Also found that Robert and Sarah would take care of children that couldn't be taken care of from their parents.

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Part of their financial downfall comes from their generosity. Many people had stayed with them for lengthy periods of time with no payment. It also states that there were a few people who stayed for more than a year. Now a thank you is owed to PV (RIP) for providing me a lead to this info.

Are reprints of PV's and Pauline's books avalible at reasonable prices?

HH Jay

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of their financial downfall comes from their generosity. Many people had stayed with them for lengthy periods of time with no payment. It also states that there were a few people who stayed for more than a year. Now a thank you is owed to PV (RIP) for providing me a lead to this info.

Are reprints of PV's and Pauline's books avalible at reasonable prices?

HH Jay

It's interesting also that many of the people we've looked into have documented financial issues, yet their affairs continued on as usual with little or no financial disruption. How's was this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread