OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
It may have nothing to do with the BP. But there's a chance to link him to my theory and lafitte. Exploring history and coincides. Thanks for the link. Saw it before. I wondered more about where and when he died. Also who he may have associated with in the south and west. I will dive in deep tonight and see what's there.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It may have nothing to do with the BP. But there's a chance to link him to my theory and lafitte. Exploring history and coincides. Thanks for the link. Saw it before. I wondered more about where and when he died. Also who he may have associated with in the south and west. I will dive in deep tonight and see what's there.
You can start with this very long list concerning the slave trade.It includes vessels names and home ports,who each shipmaster was,and most important,the ships owner.Yes,there are many familar names on there for those who have followed the several theories concerning the Beale treasure-Beale,LaFitte,Patterson,etc.
http://cisupa.proquest.com/ksc_assets/catalog/100539.pdf

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can start with this very long list concerning the slave trade.It includes vessels names and home ports,who each shipmaster was,and most important,the ships owner.Yes,there are many familar names on there for those who have followed the several theories concerning the Beale treasure-Beale,LaFitte,Patterson,etc.
http://cisupa.proquest.com/ksc_assets/catalog/100539.pdf

That's got some pretty good info, for sure. But part of the problem is that Laffite and his captains moved most of their merchandise and slaves around the custom houses or under assumed names with fabricated papers, etc., even changing the names of the vessels, etc. These are the type issues that drove many to keep a huge bullseye on his illegal operations, and yet he was still able to get around most of these complications. But the info contained could certainly provide something of value if it's recognizable in some way. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That's got some pretty good info, for sure. But part of the problem is that Laffite and his captains moved most of their merchandise and slaves around the custom houses or under assumed names with fabricated papers, etc., even changing the names of the vessels, etc. These are the type issues that drove many to keep a huge bullseye on his illegal operations, and yet he was still able to get around most of these complications. But the info contained could certainly provide something of value if it's recognizable in some way. :thumbsup:

NOT gonna read all THAT! WHEW! Give an "Abstract"...

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It may have nothing to do with the BP. But there's a chance to link him(Seth Woodruff) to my theory and lafitte... I wondered more about where and when he died. Also who he may have associated with in the south and west. I will dive in deep tonight and see what's there.
Some of the information that you are seeking on Woodruff can be found in Swem Library of The College of William & Mary in the Austin-Twyman Papers 1765-1939/Seth Woodruff Folder 3,42,155.The library contact at W&M Email:[email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread