Treasure Hunters University of Virginia (NOT "connrcted" to UVA)

Garry

Apr 19, 2009
Rebel - KGC,

Wasn't sure where to post this question so I went back and found a thread you had started. :icon_thumleft: I hope my question doesn't get buried with all of the bumps.:icon_scratch:

I just realized that Peter Viemeister had a second version of his Beale book.

I only have the first, "The Beale Treasure History of a Mystery" (1987)

Is his book "The Beale Treasure new History of a Mystery" (1997) quite different from the first? (New Info, etc. or just a slightly revised secnod edition)

Do I need to get hold of the second version?

Thanks,

Garry

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes, Garry... they ARE different. PV's FIRST book was about the "BT" as we know the story, Robert MORRISS, TJB, Thomas J. Beale, Beale Expedition of 1817-1820, etc. PV's second book is about the various theories about "the Story" BEST (MHO), and as President of the Bedford City/County HISTORICAL SOCIETY, probably had access to ppl, places, & things that we can ONLY dream about. He third & FINAL book on the "BT" was about it being part of the CSA TREASURY, "ear-marked" for Lynchburg, Va. & points WEST as recommended by CSA General Robert E. Lee to CSA Prez JEFFERSON Davis in a memo as Richmond, Va. was "falling" to the Yanks. He alluded to this in his SECOND book (I WOULD get it); Lynchburg, Va. was the state of Virginia STATE capital, April 7-10, 1865. PV's last book was in the form as FACTION, Fiction based on the FACTS of the "last days" of the Confederacy; I am with him on THIS "theory", based on MY R & I.
:icon_thumleft::coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread