$5,000,000 Beale Mystery Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

senior deacon

Jul 3, 2014
Humboldt, Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel As Will had stated and I will paraphrase, the guy was a bad forger/mythmaker as he messed with the page number by saying that the second page was the second page. He would have said it a little different. In some language that maybe would not be appropriate for Gentlemen and the Ladies in the crowd. Will was a Navy man and his language did get a little salty at times. Will spent the first two years of the war WWII working for Lockheed Aircraft as a Machinist. Enlisted in the Navy and spent the rest of the war in the South Pacific on a Tin Can following convoys around the ocean.

Franklin The article may well be over thirty five years old but a dead horse, if you beat him will not run any faster than he does right now. BTW I found Coranado's Lost city of gold. It is located 12 north of Greenwood Louisiana on LA169 at the Longwood Truck stop. If I spend enough dollars on Lotto tickets I am bound to strike it rich.

S.D.

O

Old Silver

There is a good possibility that Ward knew the numbered order of the papers by how they were arranged. If you wrote a three page letter, you would fold the pages together. The recipient would know in which order to read them, even if they were not numbered. #1 is always on top...#2 always in the middle...#3 always on the bottom. I would think Beal's letters would have been folded in the box when Morriss found them, and stayed in the same order until Ward received them.

Ward said he laid out the papers according to their length and numbered them. AND numbered them. So he did two separate things with these papers. And just because he mentions laying them out in order of their length first, doesn't mean he did that before numbering them. We don't always tell of events chronologically. But even if he did lay them out first, why could he not have then numbered them in order of the way they were folded? Maybe he would have gotten them confused? Well, the only one we know for sure he got right is #2. Who knows if the other two are in the correct order that Beal had them.

This is not proof of the Beal codes being authentic, but neither is the above article proof of them being a hoax. I don't want to follow a treasure lead on false evidence, so why would I want to debunk a treasure lead on false evidence? The Beal story may well be a hoax, but if you claim you have proof of such, you need to have absolute proof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread