A Glance At The World Picture During The Beale Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Silver

OS, I read all the time on this forum people making statement such as you make. History is all
wrong, You can't believe history books cuz the Druids were here first, Or the Israelites discovered
America before the Egyptians got here, on and on ad nauseum. What can any serious researcher
do with this dribble?

Supply the evidence to make us believe your theory opposed to the written account. An historian
is only as good as the evidence he provides. Reputation among scholarly peers is invaluable to
advancement in the profession. One who distorts history will gain no reward except fleeting
notoriety and afterwards banishment as no authority wants to be involved with rumor mongers.

Wow, you've got me saying all sorts of things that I didn't actually say.
If you want proof of what I DID say, here's a couple of examples. Main stream "historians" say the Egyptian pyramids were built by a civilization that had no advanced technology. Rollers, ropes and ramps. They Pooh Pooh the evidence to the contrary. Modern type tool marks have been found in the stones of the pyramids and other ancient structures in Egypt. Those granite blocks were cut with such precision that you can't slide a razor blade between them. Main stream would have us believe these were built by a people fresh out of the cave, even though the evidence shows otherwise. Now, am I supposed to respect those people for ignoring facts in order to uphold their reputation?

The "experts" had the world believing there was no such place as the city of troy. Until it was found. Now who is believed, the great historians, or the proof?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait a minute. Are you two guys suggesting Troy was a place and not a person? :icon_scratch::laughing7:

6505b37e66d011f808a3295d3877732c.jpg

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is related to banks creating their own currency.
1816 merchants formed the BANK OF ST LOUIS and accepted furs as collateral on loans.
1817 a second merchants bank was formed,the BANK OF MISSOURI.
In addition to Chouteau,other major St Louis businessmen at that time were:Manuel Lisa,Sylvestre Labbadie,Rufus Easton,J B C Lucas,Moses Austin,Bartholomew Berthold,and Capt George Hancock Kennerly,who was born Jan 28,1790 in Fincastle,Botetourt County,Virginia.In 1817,Nennerly and his brother James,started a mercantile business in St Louis that also provided a postal service.

In the very early 1800s, St. Louis was in the heart of The Old Northwest Territory. When the earthquake hit in 1811, it was a small settlement of log cabins, but it soon grew in size and to prominence since river travel was the best way to get around. A lot of trade came up from Louisiana and went as far as Ohio.

The Chouteau family also had a stake in the lead trade in Wisconsin. Vast amounts were taken out and they were in the middle of that. The family was the only one that had impeccable relations with the Sauk & Fox in the Blackhawk War and played a valuable role for us in that. An important point I want to make is that they supported the fledgling US in the ongoing war with Britain, who schemed to regain her colonies, including persuading a lot of Indians to support us. I wonder how we'd have fared in the War of 1812 without that support.

This is an intriguing book: Christian, Shirley. Before Lewis and Clark: The Story of the Chouteaus, the French Dynasty That Ruled America's Frontier. New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2004

O

Old Silver

I know Troy was not a myth, where do you think a troy ounce came from? :laughing7:

You would think that Heinrich Schliemann's discovery would have put and end to blind acceptance of text book theory, but sadly it didn't.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ANYWAY... Looking for your "French Connections" in Bedford County, VIRGINIA...? Well you CAN! BEDFORD GENEALOGY FAIR, Set. 13, 2014... 2014 Genealogy Fair gonna go look for MY family connection & listen to 11 am lecture on Monacan ppl (aka "Indians), who had a HUGE Burial Mound in Monvale, Va. (Bedford County, Va.), aka Buford's area; PRE-Beale Papers story/Hart Papers story); & 1 pm lecture "Find Your Family". Already know that family started in Dundee area, near Smith Mountain Lake (today); then they moved to Campbell County outside of Lynchburg, Va. (today)... had a HEALING SPRING "resort", HA!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Monacan ppl's Burial Mound was/is SACRED area. Lynchburg, VIRGINIA was started by Quakers; had a Meeting House @ 1 mile in the wilderness, up from the James River; then tried to start a Meeting House on Goose Creek (SOUTH) in today's Montvale, VIRGINIA (Buford's area). Goose Creek Meeting House was TOO close to SACRED GROUNDS of the BURIAL MOUND & pissed off Monacan ppl "wiped" Quakers OUT; killed them ALL! HA! Mound is there, today; NO ONE messes with it... MAY be HAUNTED at night... dunno.

O

Old Silver

Monacan ppl's Burial Mound was/is SACRED area. Lynchburg, VIRGINIA was started by Quakers; had a Meeting House @ 1 mile in the wilderness, up from the James River; then tried to start a Meeting House on Goose Creek (SOUTH) in today's Montvale, VIRGINIA (Buford's area). Goose Creek Meeting House was TOO close to SACRED GROUNDS of the BURIAL MOUND & pissed off Monacan ppl "wiped" Quakers OUT; killed them ALL! HA! Mound is there, today; NO ONE messes with it... MAY be HAUNTED at night... dunno.

I can't believe that hasn't been dug into by Beal treasure hunters.

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize until I read about the treasure being buried in iron pots, last year I dug up some pieces of iron pots while metal detecting on the east end of Porter Mountain. I live in near-by Blue Ridge.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I didn't realize until I read about the treasure being buried in iron pots, last year I dug up some pieces of iron pots while metal detecting on the east end of Porter Mountain. I live in near-by Blue Ridge.

GO BACK THERE!

jwbro

Mar 25, 2014
Blue Ridge, Va
Detector(s) used
White's QXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN0873.JPG DSCN0874.JPG DSCN0875.JPG These are the pictures of the two different pieces of cast iron pots I found on Porter's Mountain last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread