Which of you actually know the origin of the Beale Inventory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Il est possible...:3coins:

IMG_0068.JPG

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem. Personally, I try to keep an open mind about things, at least 'til I see reason to believe otherwise.

I was simply at fun with a few of the regulars, but I agree, I should have included "some" in that post. The page Freeman posted is interesting but if memory serves me correctly it is actually a page from a book without documented/referenced source. And while I would love to believe that it's authentic past experience causes me to take pause with this type of thing. May be true, but may not be true?This is the problem with trying to investigate these things.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That's what they said 125 years ago. Not so much as a nugget has ever showed up. :laughing7:
...and never will if one believes the patchwork history construct of the Beale treasurehunt/western dime novel of 1885.The Hutters,Ward,and a few VMI alumni have always had the last laugh!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and never will if one believes the patchwork history construct of the Beale treasurehunt/western dime novel of 1885.The Hutters,Ward,and a few VMI alumni have always had the last laugh!

Clearly, you're a 100% dime novel vote. Ok, maybe 95%....:laughing7: :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

U R CORRECT!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Clearly, you're a 100% dime novel vote. Ok, maybe 95%....:laughing7: :thumbsup:

Nah... NOT a "dime novel"; COVER-STORY, as ECS "stated"; ALL CSA/VMI/KGC... AND! The Hutters, Ward, Early, Hazlewood were ALL involved. $$$$$$$$$$$$ was utilized to rebuild Richmond, Va., Lynchburg, Va. (was Virginia STATE CAPITAL for @ 4 days in April, 1865)... AND! VMI! ELITE TEAM of VMI grads CSA Officers (KGC?) were instrumental in this "NEW Enterprise"... Confederate Treasure Coverup MORE LATER!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah... NOT a "dime novel"; COVER-STORY, as ECS "stated"; ALL CSA/VMI/KGC... AND! The Hutters, Ward, Early, Hazlewood were ALL involved. $$$$$$$$$$$$ was utilized to rebuild Richmond, Va., Lynchburg, Va. (was Virginia STATE CAPITAL for @ 4 days in April, 1865)... AND! VMI! ELITE TEAM of VMI grads CSA Officers (KGC?) were instrumental in this "NEW Enterprise"... Confederate Treasure Coverup MORE LATER!

And you're clearly a 100% CSA conspiracy vote...:laughing7: By the way Reb, if I never meet you in person you have been a real enjoyable theory foe over the years. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And you're clearly a 100% CSA conspiracy vote...:laughing7: By the way Reb, if I never meet you in person you have been a real enjoyable theory foe over the years. :thumbsup:

HA! TY, "Scoop"; following PV's (RIP) "lead"... even went to Marshall Foundation RESEARCH Library & Preston Library at VMI, last week... MORE "WONDERFUL" stuff to come. I would buy YOU a drink or two at the TIKI BAR...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread