Julia/Judy HANCOCK & The Corps of Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MORE "story material" for the Inner Committee of 1882-1883; Thomas Jefferson, Lewis & Clark Expedition, Ciphers/Codes, etc. JB Ward & Hutter brothers (cousins) PROBABLY grew up on this, as kids... "playing it out" on Grandpa James Beverly Risque Planatation/Farm, near New London, Va., southwest of Lynchburg, Va. (Campbell County). LATER, writing it into the BEALE PAPERS...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I saw the records at the Courthouse in Fincastle of what you posted about. I need to get back up that way and find deed numbers and locations plus old court records. Some of the court records are only loose pieces of paper over the years several of those papers grew legs and walked out the doors and are not there to find today. But still it will be worth looking into. Good luck to you Rebel. I may have some free time come Spring.

Well, Wife & I ARE going to Fincastle in the Spring... keep in touch!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ANYWAY, Julia/Judy DID marry Gen. William Clark on Jan. 5, 1808; in 1803, Prez Thomas Jefferson sent William & Clark on their expedition, as the Corps of Discovery... to the Northwest. Jefferson wanted 'em to send "progress reports" back to him in ciphers (or codes); franklin knows MORE about the Ciphers/Codes... AND! L & C did leave from Fincastle, Va., known as the GATEWAY to the NORTHWEST! franklin knows more about the L & C Expedition, TJ's Ciphers/Codes used, etc.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
So the Vigenere Tableau was in use by Lewis & Clark, and was well known during that time period, and was used by the CSA-that brings us , once again to the April 1865 events in Danville, when Hutter received Benjamin's copy of Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS, which was used as a Confederate cipher book.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, and respectfully, why would any intelligent source wish to publish a decoy to something that nobody knew existed anyway? Makes absolutely no sense. If it's successfully hidden away why draw possible attention to it unless you wanted to risk exposure?

And no doubt, if the CSA had that kind of money they would have won the war, could have easily bought the participation of France and the British, the very same countries they had tried to draw into the conflict. The CSA was nearly completely broke and absolutely desperate leading up to the end of the war. And though I wish the opposite were true, I'm afraid those are the cold hard historical facts.

No way was the CSA going to walk away from a war that determined it's very future had they held significant funds to alter the course of the war. Not a chance.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As usual wrong again bigscoop. It is shocking the information that can be found if you don't totally believe historians and their rhetoric. They had the money and they had the materials only did not have enough men to replace the fallen. All of this will come out one day when the US goes to rock bottom maybe then they will believe a simple person like myself.

A shortage of men, perhaps. But with that kind of money they could have easily bought France and the British...."lots and lots of bodies, artillery, ships, etc., there"...more then enough to change the course and outcome of the war. The south didn't enter the war to lose, they entered to win and would have done anything in their power to have done so, their traditional values and way of life depending on it.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Again, and respectfully, why would any intelligent source wish to publish a decoy to something that nobody knew existed anyway? Makes absolutely no sense. If it's successfully hidden away why draw possible attention to it unless you wanted to risk exposure?...
The same can be said concerning your theory about the Beale Papers.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same can be said concerning your theory about the Beale Papers.

Oh, I didn't realize we were debating that theory at present. My bad. :notworthy: It's ok, carry that torch with you wherever go. :laughing7:

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So the Vigenere Tableau was in use by Lewis & Clark, and was well known during that time period, and was used by the CSA-that brings us , once again to the April 1865 events in Danville, when Hutter received Benjamin's copy of Vattel's LAW OF NATIONS, which was used as a Confederate cipher book.

YEP! It was E.F. Hutter; HE conveyed info to his brother, Ferdinand C. Hutter, PAY-MASTER CSA, during the CONFEDERATE WAR.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well, I wanted to know MORE about the TJ Ciphers/Codes for the L & C Expedition; ABOUT the Corps of Discovery; ALL of which CAN be found "on-line". Think that this "event" was ONE of the MANY "inspirations" for the Committee of 1882-1883, for the Beale PAPERS pamphlet, released in LYNCHBURG, VIRGINIA... ONLY! in 1885. I am almost certain that COUSINS JB Ward & the Hutter brothers knew & "play-acted" these adventures and Cipers/Codes on Grand-Pa James Beverly Risque's Plantation/Farm (Hunter's Hill), as they grew up; THEN! Used these adventures as part of the "patch-
work" of stories/adventures, in the Beale PAPERS of 1885. Even EAP's GOLD BUG was an inspiration, as the boys grew up...

Just "google" Corps of Discovery - Lewis & Clark Expedition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SO FAR! TJ cited "Artichoke" as KEY-WORD, for Vigenere Tableau... did L & C carry a "Code-Book"...?

Can also "google" TJ's SECRET CIPHER to Lewis & Clark...

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think THIS "adventure" was the MAIN "influence" on the Beale PAPERS; it has Judy/Julia HANCOCK, Thomas Jefferson, Ciphers/Codes, ADVENTURE, DISCOVERIES... WHEW!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Even has NUMBERS! On the Vigenere Tableau. (upper rt. hand corner).

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THIS is also interesting... "google" Thomas Jefferson's Code & Ciphers: III (Miscellaneous) as it has one for Lewis & Clark... I & II are good, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread