The Solution Rest Here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS presented the following summary in a different thread;

"Speaking of smoking guns, Stephen Girard was also a gun runner for Simon Bolivar in South America.
Brings back the line from Jean Lafitte's Memoirs concerning Feb 24, 1821:"to Mr Hall, Mr Campbell, Mr Sherman, and to those of Bolivar to keep our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places".
And-""Mr Ward, Mr Kingsley, and Mr Peabody seem to me to be very honest, nice men...'.
Peabody was also involved in the opium trade, Mathew (Mexico) Sherman was Capt of the Canton Co's ship, TORPEDO, and the Canton Co was owned by William Patterson of Baltimore , whose daughter, Elizabeth, was married to Jerome Bonaparte, who was in Richmond during the 2nd year of the Confederate War."
This is absolutely accurate and certainly connected to the Beale story.

In his memoirs Laffitte also enters;"Between the months of November 1818 and February 1819, my commune had 476,00 dollars put away."

Question is, can you make the undeniable connexions? One of these is Mr. Sherman, but this, alone, isn't a smoking gun. Can you identify the other two HUGE connections that make all of this a true smoking gun?

O

Old Silver

ECS presented the following summary in a different thread;

"Speaking of smoking guns, Stephen Girard was also a gun runner for Simon Bolivar in South America.
Brings back the line from Jean Lafitte's Memoirs concerning Feb 24, 1821:"to Mr Hall, Mr Campbell, Mr Sherman, and to those of Bolivar to keep our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places".
And-""Mr Ward, Mr Kingsley, and Mr Peabody seem to me to be very honest, nice men...'.
Peabody was also involved in the opium trade, Mathew (Mexico) Sherman was Capt of the Canton Co's ship, TORPEDO, and the Canton Co was owned by William Patterson of Baltimore , whose daughter, Elizabeth, was married to Jerome Bonaparte, who was in Richmond during the 2nd year of the Confederate War."
This is absolutely accurate and certainly connected to the Beale story.

In his memoirs Laffitte also enters;"Between the months of November 1818 and February 1819, my commune had 476,00 dollars put away."

Question is, can you make the undeniable connexions? One of these is Mr. Sherman, but this, alone, isn't a smoking gun. Can you identify the other two HUGE connections that make all of this a true smoking gun?

Ward would be one.

O

Old Silver

Lafitte was run out of Galveston, where it was known he had wealth, in May of 1821. Where did he go? Where did his wealth go? It was only a few months later that the second deposit was buried by Beale and company, in VA.

O

Old Silver

Not J B Ward, and no known connection from the Ward mentioned in Lafitte's memoirs to the copyright owner and publisher of the 1885 Beale Papers.

No, not J.B. Ward, but still the same name.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No, not J.B. Ward, but still the same name.
There are many "same names" during the time period of the alleged events detailed in Beale 1885, the same also applies to Lafitte's memoirs, but the similarity of names does not a" connexion" make.
Its forcing facts to fit a pet theory, as Brad Andrews stated.

O

Old Silver

There are many "same names" during the time period of the alleged events detailed in Beale 1885, the same also applies to Lafitte's memoirs, but the similarity of names does not a" connexion" make.
Its forcing facts to fit a pet theory, as Brad Andrews stated.

Unless those names are actually connected, as "same names" many times are.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS has been so close to it in some of his post that he was sizzling. PV was so close to the fire that he almost burst into flames. Reb has been so close at times he was left smoldering.

Connexions” is used with good reason, French Creole, "connection" is used in the pamphlet again but it is only in the beginning of the story that the author ask you to make the “connexions”. The author was an intelligent man, with a formal education, do you really think he used “connexions” in error or without design?

The entire story has to do with two things, the events in Texas surrounding the Adams Onis Treaty and the plotting of a New France under Napoleon Bonaparte.

You guys keep saying there is no French Connection and you are dead wrong. Quite the opposite. The entire region was full of it. Beale, Buford, Sherman, etc., during the era they were all Bonapartist.

This is why those two timely shipments of wealth that I already outlined were secretly shipped to Bedford County for distribution, as promised. And I still can't believe that you guys don't see the obvious in my first post of thread. The only reason you're not seeing it is because you absolutely refuse to look for it.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ECS has been so close to it in some of his post that he was sizzling. PV was so close to the fire that he almost burst into flames. Reb has been so close at times he was left smoldering.

Connexions” is used with good reason, French Creole, "connection" is used in the pamphlet again but it is only in the beginning of the story that the author ask you to make the “connexions”. The author was an intelligent man, with a formal education, do you really think he used “connexions” in error or without design?

The entire story has to do with two things, the events in Texas surrounding the Adams Onis Treaty and the plotting of a New France under Napoleon Bonaparte.

You guys keep saying there is no French Connection and you are dead wrong. Quite the opposite. The entire region was full of it. Beale, Buford, Sherman, etc., during the era they were all Bonapartist.

This is why those two timely shipments of wealth that I already outlined were secretly shipped to Bedford County for distribution, as promised. And I still can't believe that you guys don't see the obvious in my first post of thread. The only reason you're not seeing it is because you absolutely refuse to look for it.

New France...? ALREADY in existence at the time... CANADA!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New France...? ALREADY in existence at the time... CANADA!

The phrase, "New France", included the Louisiana Territory.
Speaking of his possible escape to the US, Napoleon spoke of having 60'000 men around him in New France.
It was estimated that if Napoleon had come to the US he would have immediately drawn 80'700 men at arms from South America and the United States, this is a military projection.
As soon as the refugees landed in the US they arrived armed in Texas in less then a year, a huge amount of propaganda started circulating in France in regards to the building of New France even before they got there, subscriptions were even setup for those who wished to lend financial support.
The site of Champ D'asile had been predetermined, as had the plans for the "first" fort.

When Napoleon was wreaking havoc across the Atlantic people in America were not shouting, "my god, let's go save the British!"

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
As soon as the refugees landed in the US they arrived armed in Texas in less then a year, a huge amount of propaganda started circulating in France in regards to the building of New France even before they got there, subscriptions were even setup for those who wished to lend financial support.
The site of Champ D'asile had been predetermined, as had the plans for the "first" fort...
...and the "connexion" of Peter Sephen Chazotte's EAST FLORIDA COFFEE ASSOCIATION, bankrolled by Stephen Girard.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stephen Girard was tied to many affairs involving the various factions touched upon in these forums. But this still isn't the connection you should recognize in the original post of this thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you claiming all this relates to the "Beale stole Lafitte's treasure" theory? :dontknow:

"Between the months of November 1818 and February 1819, my commune had 476,00 dollars put away." "February 1819".....this is the exact same date that the Adams Onis Treaty was signed. This amount is also roughly equal to the amount of the first deposit. And again, as with our earlier date comparisons, this falls within that same ten months prior to the first Beale deposit. So this is the source of your first deposit.

Brings back the line from Jean Lafitte's Memoirs concerning Feb 24, 1821:"to Mr Hall, Mr Campbell, Mr Sherman, and to those of Bolivar to keep our promise and distribute the gold to the indicated places". This is the exact same date the Adams Onis Treaty was ratified. This reference also falls in that same date comparison range to the second deposit. This money, as with the Beale deposits, was to be distributed.

This is a slam dunk, case closed, as to the source of the two Beale deposits. Not a chance that anyone can argue this.

The Laffite memoirs weren't published until the 1940's, so how did your unknown author know about all of this unless these events were real? Answer - He couldn't have.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Laffite memoirs weren't published until the 1940's, so how did your unknown author know about all of this unless these events were real? Answer - He couldn't have.
Why the was the "treasure" deposited in Virginia, and if not by Beale, by whom?
Who was the "unknown" author if not Hutter and Ward, and what was his connection to copyright owner and publisher Ward?
Still not a "slam dunk".

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why the was the "treasure" deposited in Virginia, and if not by Beale, by whom?
Who was the "unknown" author if not Hutter and Ward, and what was his connection to copyright owner and publisher Ward?
Still not a "slam dunk".

In the pamphlet, the author tells us that Ward was just the representing agent, the author also explaining why he didn't want his name connected to the tale. The word "connexions" is used in conflict with the correct English spelling of "connections", this later version used in the pamphlet later on with the correct English spelling. One has to ask if "connexions" was used in error then why didn't Sherman, as type setter, pick up on this error/mistake? Obviously this word is used with intent, and with Sherman's knowledge that the author intended this.

"Connexions" is, without argument or doubt, a French spelling of the English word, connections. So why was it used intentionally?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you claiming all this relates to the "Beale stole Lafitte's treasure" theory? :dontknow:

You may have just hit the nail on the head. In his memoirs Laffite claims that he sacrificed all that he possessed and sometime after the events in Texas Riguad is critical of Lallemand for his failure to distribute the funds to the survivors of Champ D'Asile. The Beale Pamphlet claims that the treasure was never recovered, so it could be, and is my personal opinion, that the author is simply saying that "they" never got their promised share. This then, would also be consistent with Monroe's letter to Joseph Bonaparte where he utterly denies the US ever promised to make payments to Tallyrand, Joseph, and others for services rendered. So your unknown author, whoever he was, used "connexions" for good reason and he was likely very well informed of the affair. To this I am certain to be the case. As of today, there is a lot more that I'm willing to divulge.

For instance, you guys have dragged me through the mire for suggesting that the Bufords and the region had strong Bonapartist ties, my example of this being the reference of Napoleon Bonaparte Buford and Algernon Sidney Buford. But what I didn't tell you was that when we investigate the extended Beale family tree we encounter the name Achillie Murat, this being the Nephew of Napoleon Bonaparte and the man Laffite went to see in St. Augustine. Thomas Beale was the son of Taverner Beale, the same Beale who had registered himself as only being from China. When Beale Sr. dies this other "china" Beale also disappears. Strangely, our Beale of China/Opium fame is involved in a sensational bankruptcy against the British East India Company, and with history repeating itself again, our Beale of New Orleans was also in an insolvent state at the time of his death. If Laffite was able to fake his death and live for many years under assumed name then why not Thomas Beale? This could easily be why he shows up in a river in China years later, the victim of an apparent suicide (Which I seriously doubt to be the actual cause of death.) And there is more.....

Read "Connexions"...... http://www.etsy.com/shop/LagoonRiver?ref=search_shop_redirect

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread