HAS JOSH GATES OF EXPEDITION UNKNOWN DECODE THE BEALE CIPHERS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I liked that Josh met with TN's Justintime who told the story of finding the original copy of the DOI in an old stove, then went on to compare the scalloped edges to mountain peaks, and on to repelling down a ravine to find a cave.
Once inside the cave, they found an old square head nail and a shard of lantern glass.
I wonder why Justintime did not take Josh to the sites with the "treasure carvings" on the rocks that he has posted on TN many times?
All in all, it was not a bad show, a basic primer into the Beale Paper story, which briefly touched upon the Poe and Freemason theories, and the possibility that C1 & C3 are merely random numbers, never meant to be solved.
I still am curious why Justintime didn't take Josh to the site with the "biscuit stone" and carved owls

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Biscuit Rock is a series of shows,lol, in treasure symbolism an owl means accumulation room,in my case accumulation rooms...Justintime

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been sharing with Treasurenet for three years, been working on the map for 10yrs now. Dangers intervene ..the Beale vault is found. &C...In Bedford Va,lol...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What is preventing you from recovering the Beale treasure?

Last edited:

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing prevents me from recovering, it's ready to open, still sealed.

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No D&R, just R,lol...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I was impressed they ended the show with josh announcing A hoax.
I would have thought they would have hid that possibility & ended it with
an announcement he will be back to continue the search one day.
plus Hoax fits my personal conclusions on this treasure story ...
I do not believe that it was James Beverly Ward's intent to perpetrate a hoax by copyrighting and publishing the Beale Papers in 1885, but rather to sell for profit or raise funds as a benefit for Lynchburg fire victims, a western adventure treasure novel with two unsolved ciphers included as a parlor entertainment.
Ward's job pamphlet may well have been forgotten but for the interest raised by Hazelwood, the Hart brother, and the release of "THE HART PAPERS".
Since then, countless books of the Beale treasure have been written, many with conflicting theories on the origin of the "treasure", but still, after 130 years, NO existing evidence has ever been produced confirming the existence of this treasure, or if the Beale expedition, as written in the job pamphlet, ever occurred.
The "hoax" is perpetuated that those who claim to have found the Beale treasure only to produce an empty hole that could have been, or following "signs & symbols" that could lead to Beale's vault, or with claims of "breaking" the elusive C1 & C3.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After everything I have seen and heard and researched on my own, I don't believe the author set out with the intentions of perpetuating a planned hoax, but rather I think the nature of the tale being presenting required a certain amount of deceptions that were carried out in different ways. And I do believe that it is possible that Ward was just as described, only the representing agent. I have my own reasons believing that this is still possibly the case, regardless weather the story holds any measure of truth or not.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In an interview in the 1934 LYNCHBURG NEWS, James Beverly Ward's daughter, Adeline Ward McVeigh, told reporter Mrs Martha Rivers Adams, that her father was the author of the Beale Papers, and that she had never seen the iron box mentioned in the job pamphlet. Also present during this interview was her daughter, Lelia L Walker, and grandson, Gorham B Walker.
McVeigh never confirmed or denied the existence of the Beale treasure when questioned by Adams.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In an interview in the 1934 LYNCHBURG NEWS, James Beverly Ward's daughter, Adeline Ward McVeigh, told reporter Mrs Martha Rivers Adams, that her father was the author of the Beale Papers, and that she had never seen the iron box mentioned in the job pamphlet. Also present during this interview was her daughter, Lelia L Walker, and grandson, Gorham B Walker.
McVeigh never confirmed or denied the existence of the Beale treasure when questioned by Adams.

But this falls into that same "he-said-she-said" category of secondhand information to which there could be many reason or circumstances behind what is being said. So, just how reliable is the information? Who can say.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
But this falls into that same "he-said-she-said" category of secondhand information to which there could be many reason or circumstances behind what is being said. So, just how reliable is the information? Who can say.
This interview occurred at the same time George L Hart was searching for the Beale treasure and the codebreaker Friedman's stated that the Beale ciphers were nothing more than a hoax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread