Foolish Men and The BealeTreasure

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Is just believing enough to make it all seem so real? Apparently it is. "The few sites it tells of".....an endless stream of folks have manufactured the same illusion over the years, all of them believing they had the correct solutions & locations. What you need to be asking yourself is, "how is it possible that so many can arrive at so many different solutions?" Once you understand how and why it has happened you'll start to understand how it is likely that you're doing exactly the same thing. :thumbsup:

I think your record is stuck. Over and over and over the same thing you post. Do you think if you post it more it will come true. Do you have proof of how many people have missed the mark working the cipher? I do see a few like, well I do not want to say names. But I have not seen to much of people that say they have the deciphered The Beale Papers Just a bunch that gave up and say it is a hoax.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well you say you have but there is no proof only your word. My proof is copyrighted in 1990 and is in the Library of Congress. Where is yours in your mind.

Did not know you had a book out there Franklin. I don't read books about what I am working on. PM me the title please if you don't want to post it.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Is just believing enough to make it all seem so real?... What you need to be asking yourself is, "how is it possible that so many can arrive at so many different solutions?"...
The other overlooked question are the local names mentioned in the 1885 Beale Papers, easily recognized by the residents of Bedford county, including Max Guggenheimer, a well respected Lynchberg businessman, a contemporary of Ward and Sherman, and was known for his sense of humor.
Just because Thomas Beale moved to New Orleans after his duel with J B Risqué, fought alongside Paschal Buford during the Battle of New Orleans, and owned a plantation and hotel in New Orleans, does NOT make him a "real" character, or the events in the 1885 job pamphlet real.
The 1885 Beale Papers were only advertised and sold in Lynchberg, to a buying public that would recognized all the names mentioned in that job pamphlet.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The other overlooked question are the local names mentioned in the 1885 Beale Papers, easily recognized by the residents of Bedford county, including Max Guggenheimer, a well respected Lynchberg businessman, a contemporary of Ward and Sherman, and was known for his sense of humor.
Just because Thomas Beale moved to New Orleans after his duel with J B Risqué, fought alongside Paschal Buford during the Battle of New Orleans, and owned a plantation and hotel in New Orleans, does NOT make him a "real" character, or the events in the 1885 job pamphlet real.
The 1885 Beale Papers were only advertised and sold in Lynchberg, to a buying public that would recognized all the names mentioned in that job pamphlet.

Funny, you have said that the Celeste beale diary is the proof to put off Cap Beale yet you use that statement. Your Credibility is dropping fast here.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It details the daily family and business activities from 1817-1820 in New Orleans, with no mention of trips to the west or to Virginia, making Beale a "character name" used in the job pamphlet.
Remember, the Beale Papers were never placed for sale in New Orleans- could it be because it was a western/adventure dime novel about treasure with ciphers included as a parlor amusement for the residents of Bedford county?
The name Max Guggenheimer would mean nothing to the people of New Orleans, but would be well known in Lynchberg.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny, you have said that the Celeste beale diary is the proof to put off Cap Beale yet you use that statement. Your Credibility is dropping fast here.
To clarify my statement that Beale was used as a "character" in the Beale Papers:
Abraham Lincoln was a real person, but in Seth Grahame-Smith's novel, "ABRAHAM LINCOLN:VAMPIRE HUNTER", Lincoln was used in a fictional context, just as Beale was used by Ward/Sherman for the 1885 Beale.
Then again, 100 years from now, someone will pick up a copy of this book at an antique store or a flea market and become convinced that the Civil War was fought because the South was full of vampires, and will go on to post his alternate history theories based on this novel.
Read the threads on this topic, and you will realize that has happened time over time with the 1885 Beale Papers.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your record is stuck. Over and over and over the same thing you post. Do you think if you post it more it will come true. Do you have proof of how many people have missed the mark working the cipher? I do see a few like, well I do not want to say names. But I have not seen to much of people that say they have the deciphered The Beale Papers Just a bunch that gave up and say it is a hoax.

:laughing7:....how is it possible that someone can claim they have solved the mystery when they can't even establish that the adventure/events ever took place? And here rest the problem with your claim of solution, the very reason why it is obvious that your solution has been manufactured. :thumbsup:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
:laughing7:....how is it possible that someone can claim they have solved the mystery when they can't even establish that the adventure/events ever took place? And here rest the problem with your claim of solution, the very reason why it is obvious that your solution has been manufactured. :thumbsup:

Wow, so every event in history that no one can prove is fake?

How moronic is that statement!

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
To clarify my statement that Beale was used as a "character" in the Beale Papers:
Abraham Lincoln was a real person, but in Seth Grahame-Smith's novel, "ABRAHAM LINCOLN:VAMPIRE HUNTER", Lincoln was used in a fictional context, just as Beale was used by Ward/Sherman for the 1885 Beale.
Then again, 100 years from now, someone will pick up a copy of this book at an antique store or a flea market and become convinced that the Civil War was fought because the South was full of vampires, and will go on to post his alternate history theories based on this novel.
Read the threads on this topic, and you will realize that has happened time over time with the 1885 Beale Papers.

Herd the wind blow before. :laughing7:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

th (2).jpg
Credibility

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Mystery of Beale's Treasure Solved copyright 1990. There are several pamphlets out there but only one hard copy. It is located at the Historical Library in Bassett, Virginia.

ECS and BS would say that this book did not happen. For there is no copy of it that I can find. But I trust you have made such a book. But must be just out of my reach. Can you put a copy of it on Ebay?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Captain TJB did not go West but what about his son?

According to the book that Reb uses to quote from he was running all his Fathers property's and in 1819 hist Father sold his Uptown Plantation to him. He was using the garden and livestock for the Restaurant and Hotel. I do not have a death cert on him at this time.
Captain Thomas Beale was a bit of a flake from what I have on him so far. He had other people running all his holdings. He had a lot of slaves.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, so every event in history that no one can prove is fake?

How moronic is that statement!

(Typically, when all else fails, the individual will lash out in frustration, often resorting to childish name calling.) At issue isn't every event in history, at issue are the events in the Beale pamphlet, to which you have a solution without any evidence whatsoever that the events in the pamphlet ever took place. So please, explain to me how you can arrive at a real and accurate solution to certain events that may have never actually happened? Trust me, there's a lot of valuable knowledge for your discovery in this simple question. :laughing7:

Now you can continue to lash out at those knowledgeable folks who challenge your unsupported claims if you wish but in doing so you need to accept that your unsupported claims and actions have placed you on this stage. And yes, reality can be frustrating.

Last edited:

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
(Typically, when all else fails, the individual will lash out in frustration, often resorting to childish name calling.) At issue isn't every event in history, at issue are the events in the Beale pamphlet, to which you have a solution without any evidence whatsoever that the events in the pamphlet ever took place. So please, explain to me how you can arrive at a real and accurate solution to certain events that may have never actually happened? Trust me, there's a lot of valuable knowledge for your discovery in this simple question. :laughing7:

Now you can continue to lash out at those knowledgeable folks who challenge your unsupported claims if you wish but in doing so you need to accept that your unsupported claims and actions have placed you on this stage. And yes, reality can be frustrating.

If it Quacks like a duck!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a CD Book of the life of Thomas J. Beall. The CD Book is fiction based on 99 % facts. So I guess you would call it Faction...
Franklin, as well as several others on the Beale threads, have spent many years doing research on the Beale story.From many of the questions asked and statements made on your posts, it is obvious that your knowledge on Beale, those who created the job pamphlet, is somewhat lacking.
Is that why you constantly make petulant remarks like a naughty schoolboy who didn't do his homework when called upon the teacher?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, as well as several others on the Beale threads, have spent many years doing research on the Beale story.From many of the questions asked and statements made on your posts, it is obvious that your knowledge on Beale, those who created the job pamphlet, is somewhat lacking.
Is that why you constantly make petulant remarks like a naughty schoolboy who didn't do his homework when called upon the teacher?[/

Copyright Acknowledgments

Did you know that all writing has a instant Copyright in the US.

Contributions to Collective Works. — Copyright in each separate contribution to a collective work is distinct from copyright in the collective work as a whole, and vests initially in the author of the contribution. In the absence of an express transfer of the copyright or of any rights under it, the owner of copyright in the collective work is presumed to have acquired only the privilege of reproducing and distributing the contribution as part of that particular collective work, any revision of that collective work, and any later collective work in the same series.

Ownership of a copyright, or of any of the exclusive rights under a copyright, is distinct from ownership of any material object in which the work is embodied. Transfer of ownership of any material object, including the copy or phonorecord in which the work is first fixed, does not of itself convey any rights in the copyrighted work embodied in the object; nor, in the absence of an agreement, does transfer of ownership of a copyright or of any exclusive rights under a copyright convey property rights in any material object.

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Exactly!" :laughing7: The more you post the more you continue to expose the obvious weaknesses and uncertainties in your claims. :thumbsup:

I agree with exposing the obvious weaknesses, I'm looking to refine the gold by fire. But smoke and mirrors from you guys (Celeste diary) is just poor time and post usage. I am working to get Captain Beale off my short list. No one seems to have proof he was not the one, just speculation. I will keep on working to find the smoking gun to rule him out. But he is the last one I have on this list.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with exposing the obvious weaknesses, I'm looking to refine the gold by fire. But smoke and mirrors from you guys (Celeste diary) is just poor time and post usage. I am working to get Captain Beale off my short list. No one seems to have proof he was not the one, just speculation. I will keep on working to find the smoking gun to rule him out. But he is the last one I have on this list.

Interesting you would make such statements when your entire unsupported belief that the story is true is based on pure speculation. And that is what the entire scope of this mystery is still lacking, the evidence of truth in the tale. This lack of evidence has caused hundreds of true believers to produce all sorts of "fictional" solutions that have been manufactured around the assumed events in the tale. Applying this same logic and practice then one could easily claim that the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are also true since dollar bills have shown up under pillows and Easter eggs do in fact get hidden each year. One would think we would first want to establish that the tale and events are true before we go about looking for potentially fictional characters and manufacturing false solutions that are based solely on the events and characters in the potential fairytale.

So again, how is possible to arrive at a real/accurate solution to a mystery that can't even be proven to exist? Hence, this is why so many different solutions to this mystery have been produced over the years. Given that you can't even establish any truth in the tale then how is it possible that you can claim accurate solution to the "published" mystery? This is where you have placed yourself and this conundrum should be quite obvious and apparent to you by now. Perhaps you should focus on trying to establish some measure of truth in the tale first before you claim solution to something that you can't even prove to exist. To do otherwise is simply adding your name to the long list of true believers and failed claimants who have come and gone over the years. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread