Beale code Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Has any one tried to delete the numbers of code two from D.O.I. then renumber with code two positioned at the bottom and renumbered? Just a thought Maybe T.B. would have used the codes like a combination lock so you would have to decode the names first then the location.

i gave that some thought and i dont think i ever tried that.
was looking in some of my old beale files and some were
not readable and intact for the # count, so went to the net
to find a copy to see what the # counts are in each cipher
and noticed something, i dont remember noticing b4.
most of the ones that say a reproduced copy, has apparently
corrected the mistaken count shift, next post ill show it

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i havent really looked at why sites do a count, other than whats in the pamphlet
im not sure if ive ever had, an exact copy as in the pamphlet to work with
i 1st noticed this in this post from a comment here

the comment
I was browsing your site on the reprint of the Beale papers. You have a problem on your site, specifically on the reprint of the Beale papers in the Declaration of Independence section. It is the section where there are numbers in ( ) after every word. The correct placement of the #'s should be as follows. After # 480, starting with # 490 (#490 should be renumbered as # 480 again and then proceed from there with the numbering, thus ending in 1312 NOT 1322. Beale when encoding his message from the Declaration of Independence, counted incorrectly (forgetting that he counted 480 twice!) thus the problem. If you don't believe me, see for yourself on your page how the letter "V" does NOT match up with the # 807 as you have listed in the first sentence "I haVe desposited....(you have # 807 as Into..not a V) If you correct the numeration as I have listed everything will match up. Remember, #490 needs to also be listed as # 480 again and then go numerically from there.
The UnMuseum - The Beale Papers - Original Text

the reproduced DOI numbered part the poster is talking about from above link

into(807) these(808) colonies(809) for(810) taking(811) away(812) our(813) charters(814)
abolishing(815) our(816) most(817) valuable(818)
------------------
found that this one is rhe same way
into(807) these(808) colonies(809) for(810) taking(811) away(812) our(813) charters(814)
abolishing(815) our(816) most(817) valuable(818)
The Beale Papers (1885)

in the pamphlet it was printed the way the poster said
http://rogergrambihler.tripod.com/BealeHoax_files/image021.gif
http://rogergrambihler.tripod.com/BealeHoax_files/image020.gif
found here
The Beale Papers

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
I was thinking if I was Beale I would set it up like a combination lock,I would make sure the content was first then the names and last location,from what i seen he was a educated man,so why all the mistakes,well I think he done that so just in case it fell in wrong hands they would have a hard time breaking it,I have my own theories,what happened to all of them,for one I don't think the Indians were willing workers,and remember,these men come from slave states.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
maybe beale used this

ken not trying to hijack, just thought this was
a good place for this find

could TJB used this directory for location and names code
was published in 1821, the amendments, i havent looked
counted the text
......info.....

Author:by John A. Paxton.
Title:1821 City Directory
Title (full):The St. Louis directory and register :
Publication Info:St. Louis :: Printed for the Publisher,1821.
Availability:2010, Washington University in St. Louis, University Libraries & Missouri History Museum Library. Data are freely accessible.
URL:http://digital.wustl.edu/cty1821.0001.004

i searched:
Constitution of the United States, 4 results
http://digital.wustl.edu/cgi/t/text...=datea;start=1;size=25;didno=cty1821.0001.004

open and starts here,just click next section to view all 4
http://digital.wustl.edu/cgi/t/text...idno=cty1821.0001.004;node=cty1821.0001.004:9

more st louis yrs directories and records
St. Louis Circuit Court Legal Encoding Project

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
I doubt Beale would have used anything that was not available at the inn,also I am wondering if the numbers are correct ,maybe they was damaged by the fire and some were guessed at.No matter I think you would have to have 100% correct numbers to solve it.It is just a theory on my part,but I think that Beale and party are the skeletons in victorio Peak,I think they were robbing the spanish miners,but that is just my guess and stashing it in the cave on victorio Peak,I think maybe the indians overcome them and were put alive in the cave,then the cave was sealed.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
dont know, why would beale say 4mile from bufords, if it wasnt,providing the
solve is correct, i hadnt worked on the ciphers in a long time, im about a 3rd
way through retyping the doi thats in the pamphlet, as i cant seem to find
a copy on the net anywhere

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
I don,t think Beale was telling the complete truth about a lot of things. Why if he was educated did he make so many mistakes in the codes? How was anyone else to recieve the key should it had to be passed down?Where did all the party get the knowledge to process ore?i myself am leaning toward a gang of ruffians out robbing spanish miners.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I don,t think Beale was telling the complete truth about a lot of things. Why if he was educated did he make so many mistakes in the codes? How was anyone else to recieve the key should it had to be passed down?Where did all the party get the knowledge to process ore?i myself am leaning toward a gang of ruffians out robbing spanish miners.

LOL! BAD, BAD, BAD Boys!

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
I have been looking over the broken code 2,and I am sure that Beale never made that many mistakes,I think the fire damaged the booklets and someone filled in the damaged letters by guess,there are too many errors for a educated man like Beale to have made. Chances are the code will never be truely broke.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have been looking over the broken code 2,and I am sure that Beale never made that many mistakes,I think the fire damaged the booklets and someone filled in the damaged letters by guess,there are too many errors for a educated man like Beale to have made. Chances are the code will never be truely broke.
WHAT fire...?

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
when the pamplets were ready for print the printing office had a fire that damaged the pamplets

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What Bible was available in 1800? th (29).jpg

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
when the pamplets were ready for print the printing office had a fire that damaged the pamplets

NOPE; BIG fire in Lynchburg, Va. was in 1883. Beale PAPERS pamphlet was in 1885; copies "destroyed" was when they were thrown into a wood-burning stove, for heat... AFTER 1885; PROBABLY in 1886...

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
im peeved, had a load of free time today, was going to give a 2hr
block to the pamphlet doi text, and now cant find the thumb drive

reb who gave/acquired, the pamphlet to the LOC
and how would you find that recorded

OP
OP
K

Kenjmor2006

Jan 14, 2011
Hmmm I read that it was the printing office that caught fire and all the pamplets were destroyed except for a few,the way I read it it was just the printing office caught fire.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
im peeved, had a load of free time today, was going to give a 2hr
block to the pamphlet doi text, and now cant find the thumb drive

reb who gave/acquired, the pamphlet to the LOC
and how would you find that recorded

Didn't know LOC had a copy... dunno.

TJ Beale

Mar 22, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The correct numbers are in the Gold in the Blue Ridge by PB Innis book. There are 3rd edition gold paperback is the best book. Innis' uncle Clayton handled and copied the real , "badly worn" paper sheets of codes 1,2,and 3 while a young man at the Norfolk & Roanoke Railroad. Pauline Innis was my friend and she inherited the direct copied codes from the originals. She faithfully printed them in her book. The Innis numbers line up with the DOI.
The pamphlet version of 1884 was slightly and deliberately altered before publication, possibly by pressure from relatives of Beale and his party. Either way, the changes that come from the pamphlet were definitely deliberate.
Beale was way smarter than what is falsely portrayed in the pamphlet.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The correct numbers are in the Gold in the Blue Ridge by PB Innis book. There are 3rd edition gold paperback is the best book. Innis' uncle Clayton handled and copied the real , "badly worn" paper sheets of codes 1,2,and 3 while a young man at the Norfolk & Roanoke Railroad. Pauline Innis was my friend and she inherited the direct copied codes from the originals. She faithfully printed them in her book. The Innis numbers line up with the DOI.
The pamphlet version of 1884 was slightly and deliberately altered before publication, possibly by pressure from relatives of Beale and his party. Either way, the changes that come from the pamphlet were definitely deliberate.
Beale was way smarter than what is falsely portrayed in the pamphlet.

The problem with all this local hype is that nothing remains to prove that there ever were original ciphers, letters, or an iron box, not even a photograph, which is extremely suspect given the alleged importance of the items. This follows right along with all the other legends that have no surviving evidence to support the tales. If those items had really existed, and given their alleged importance and the professionalism of those who have claimed to have witnessed them, well, this condition wouldn't likely exist as that proof would have been recognized as all-important in establishing the credibility of the tale. So for these reasons I just don't buy into all of the local hype and lore.

Sure, I've heard stories about these items still existing "somewhere" but given all of the professional resources who have searched for them over the years without so much as a shard of evidence being discovered.......well.....I think that speaks for itself. Thus far it's all just been word of mouth and hearsay and because of that the Beale Pamphlet needs to remain a simple dime novel, which the complete lack of evidence to the contrary suggest that it was. With absolutely no evidence to the contrary it's all just blind faith from true believers and a lot of he-said-she-said based on the writings of those who profited from the legend and those writings. Beyond this there is no actual evidence to any of it.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The problem with all this local hype is that nothing remains to prove that there ever were original ciphers, letters, or an iron box, not even a photograph, which is extremely suspect given the alleged importance of the items. This follows right along with all the other legends that have no surviving evidence to support the tales. If those items had really existed, and given their alleged importance and the professionalism of those who have claimed to have witnessed them, well, this condition wouldn't likely exist as that proof would have been recognized as all-important in establishing the credibility of the tale. So for these reasons I just don't buy into all of the local hype and lore.

Sure, I've heard stories about these items still existing "somewhere" but given all of the professional resources who have searched for them over the years without so much as a shard of evidence being discovered.......well.....I think that speaks for itself. Thus far it's all just been word of mouth and hearsay and because of that the Beale Pamphlet needs to remain a simple dime novel, which the complete lack of evidence to the contrary suggest that it was. With absolutely no evidence to the contrary it's all just blind faith from true believers and a lot of he-said-she-said based on the writings of those who profited from the legend and those writings. Beyond this there is no actual evidence to any of it.

Eh...? WHO "profited" from such, then...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread