Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
No one that I know of has tried to find out where Harry Wright's wealth came from? You know a lot of Confederate Officers went to Mexico after the war. There was one whole town down there bought out by General Shelby and his officers. I have all of that research somewhere even the prices they paid for the land.

By the way I do have one of the stock's in Harry Wright's company.
Well Harry Wright's father wasn't wealthy, according to PV, having LOTS of unpaid taxes (THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW History of a MYSTERY, p. 184). Harry was born in 1877; moved to Mexico after his father died (1890), and he & his Sibs left B'ford, moving to Mexico City; "Harry ended up a WEALTHY man, owning the second largest steel & copper firm in Mexico" (p. 184).

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Current R & I possibly indicate that the former Bedford County Lake, (north of Fancy Farm & maybe once owned by Harry Wright)... is NOW a water reserve for the City of Bedford, Va. Still doing R & I... there WAS a legend that the Beale Treasure was under/in a lake in Bedford County; if it WAS on Harry Wright's land... WHOA! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
COULD be Bedford CENTRAL via Mountain Water Drive; a surface water reservoir located at the foothills of the Peaks of Otter (IT IS!). Mountain Water Drive Treatment Plant!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
No MD'ing around public (City of Bedford (City) property; nor swimming in the lake... heh!

Harry Wright found it all & skedaddled down to Mexico City!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have a copy you sent me. A photo with the black lady pointing at the tree with symbols. Only I could not see them. I pretty much figured out where they did the dig for the Beale Treasure. I have it marked on Google Earth Map.
Bring that up with you; check with Mr. "D"...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! It MAY not have been the "BT"... COULDA been CSA TREASURY - WESTERN portion of Va. (per Gen. Robert E. Lee to CSA Prez JEFFERSON Davis). MAYBE "insight" provided by W.T. "Buck" Wright (CSA SENTINEL), MYSTERY MAN of UPPER GOOSE CREEK VALLEY; were they "kin"...? Dunno, doing R & I on that NOW!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Looks like another trip to Bedford, Va. for the "Geno-Files" at the old Masonic Lodge Building; then the Reference Section of the Library for R & I... of course, wife & I will stop by Beale Brewery & BBQ for BBQ... DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' DECODER RING! :laughing7: :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Well. wife & I DID make the Day Trip to B'ford; went to library & found the book with "Buck" Wright info in it (made a copy of that & other pages that was MY family-related). HA! Montvale (aka Buford'sville) has a WONDERFUL history; in Montvale, "scouted" around the old Newton Hazlewood "haunt"; seeing some "connections" to the HART PAPERS, heh. Monacan Nation Burial Mound is still there; wonder why it wasn't mentioned in the BPP...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOW THEN... "bits & pieces" put together on "Buck" W.T. Wright, MOUNTAIN MAN/CSA/KGC Sentinel; MAYBE even for James Gang cache in the Blue Ridge Mountains... near Buchanan, Va. MYSTERY MAN of Upper Goose Creek Valley; cabin near the top of Bear Wallow Gap, going into Buchanan, Va. Taking Chestnuts to the Mill in Buchanan, etc. Cabin in the woods near Smyrna, a community, now "gone"; which was near the OLD Walnut Grove Church. The creek near the OLD WGC was dammed up, "treasure" put in & covered with a FLAT stone... creek released & flowing again. "Buck" Wright "watching" over it... BUT! It was found & "moved"... was it found by Harry Wright...?

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That road from Bear Wallow Gap (BRP) into Buchanan, Va. is SPOOKY! LOVE it tho...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buck could have been the author of the Job Print Pamphlet. He could have dropped in Robert Morriss? But who really knows till we find something documented.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! If he was Frank James... he was a REBEL DOCTOR from Tenn., after transfer from Missouri; why...? B/c Nashville, Tenn. was FIRST HQ of KGC...

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
franklin, you have the info on "Buck" Wright's daughter taking him in her home in Lowry, Va., where he died...? Need to check some "geno" info on him... THANKS!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL! If he was Frank James... he was a REBEL DOCTOR from Tenn., after transfer from Missouri; why...? B/c Nashville, Tenn. was FIRST HQ of KGC...
If he was Frank James he could not have received the tale from Morriss during the "2nd year of the Confederate War"- and if he was, that would make that section of the Beale story an obvious work of fiction.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That's NOT what I stated; NOTHING to do with the BPP! It was 1862/63 of the CONFEDERATE WAR! YOU are mixing MY "response" with "franklin"... STOP IT!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Buck could have been the author of the Job Print Pamphlet. He could have dropped in Robert Morriss? But who really knows till we find something documented.
It was a question that arose from this post, Rebel-KGC, not yours. :icon_thumright:
What we have here is cross posting on this thread.
No harm or malice intended.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It was a question that arose from this post, Rebel-KGC, not yours. :icon_thumright:
What we have here is cross posting on this thread.
No harm or malice intended.
That's better... YOU "posted" as a response to MINE.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought you were commenting on Frank James whereabouts in relation to the remark of him possibly being the Beale Paper author as a response to my post.
Everyone has become very touchy on these Beale threads, and take things way too personal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread