Found Robert Morris father and mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I have found the father and mother of Robert Morris of Lynchburg, Va. The proprietor of the Washington Tavern. I also have some of his aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews and his grand parents back a few generations. Robert Morris was also raised by a step father. He had a pretty rough young life but was from a wealthy family both from his father and his step father. No wonder he spend so much money in Lynchburg before his reverses. I am still looking for Sarah Mitchell's family from Loudoun County. Research is hard in Loudoun County as most records were destroyed during the Civil War. They were both from Loudoun County as is mentioned in the Job Print Pamphlet and Robert Morris was born in Maryland and at an early age his family removed to Loudoun County. Maybe the research will one day pan out but whether there is a treasure or not who can really say. But at least the first line about Robert Morris in the Job Print Pamphlet is true. At least this proves that the author talked to Robert Morris.

WELL DONE, franklin!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The author was James Beverly Ward, nephew by marriage.

Nah... JBW was ONLY the "Agent for the author"... his cousin, Maj. Ferdinand C. Hutter (CSA) was the author.
Even PV thought so... LOL!
:coffee2: Coffee...? :laughing7: 8-)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WELL DONE, franklin!

AND! We DO know that Maj. Ferdinand C. Hutter (CSA PAYMASTER), could do just that; RM died in 1863, & FCH died in 1885... TWENTY YEARS after "the Surrender", in 1865. Lynchburg, Va. was LAST state capital of Virginia @ April 6-10, 1865... AND! PROBABLY had the Bank of Virginia GOLD + as "Richmond Assets" that was moved to Lynchburg & "points" WEST, as Richmond "fell". What is left, MAY be the "Beale Treasure" indicated on a PLAQUE in Old City Cemetery; I know where Lynchburg City employees tried digging it up in 1966... NOTHING! The REST of the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ was off-loaded at THAXTON SWITCH (V&T Rail-Road) & later buried "in those hills" of Bedford County... later to be used to rebuild VMI. Gold & Silver COINS + "jewelry" donated to "The Cause" by SOUTHERN LADIES.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I found today that Robert Morris had a half sister on his mother's side of the family. She raised Robert Morris as she was five years older than he. She later lived and died in Missouri, TJB could have left the letter containing the "KEY" with her to be mailed ten years later?

MAYBE!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I found two sisters of Robert Morris. One was married, lived in Fairfax, Va. Her and her husband had nine children with the second son named Robert. Another sister married and moved to Mason County, Kentucky. There she and her first husband had at least one daughter. I have not found any other children for her. She was remarried and I can find no children by that marriage either. Still researching, even if there is no treasure, it is fun researching and finding information that has not been found before. Good luck to all.

You know anything about a Dr. Robert MORRIS in Lynchburg, Va. history...? Saw it in a History book on Lynchburg, Va. in the library, yesterday...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The ONLY Robert MORRIS found by me is Robert Page Waller MORRIS; doesn't "fit" the "BT" Pamphlet (6/30/1853-12/16/1924). He DOES "fit" 1885 "events"; born in Lynchburg, Va. & TOO young to fight in the CONFEDERATE WAR; Grad of College of William & Mary... & VMI. 1872 & 1873, Assistant Prof of Mathematics (NUMBERS!) at VMI. Was later JUDGE & Attorney in Minnesota (by 1886). So, he WOULD "understand" Vattel's Law of Nation (book). MUCH more & probably NOT "connected".

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There were several Morris families living in Campbell County, Lynchburg City and in Bedford County. One in Bedford County had the same name Robert Morris. I have been to this home. It is a pre-Civil War house sitting at an intersection on Wheat Valley Road. There was a Thomas Read lived on the same road. Some believe Thomas Read buried the treasure instead of Thomas Beale. The US Government even thought so when they bulldozed the old Read Tavern at the intersection of the road in Upper Goose Creek where it continues up and over Bobblett's Gap.

GREAT R & I, THANKS!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think "Posts" 10 & 11 are "talking" about the SAME Robert MORRIS... aka Page MORRIS & Robert P. MORRIS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread