CIPHER #3 CHALLENGE, THE FIRST 5 NAMES ON THE LIST. WHO WILL WIN ?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
WRONG! In the Shenandoah Valley, going NORTH... you have Augusta County, Rockingham County, Shenandoah County.
Shenandoah National Park!

Augusta County is a United States county located in the Shenandoah Valley on the western edge of the Commonweatlh of Virginia. It is the second-largest county in Virginia by total area, and it surrounds the independent cities of Staunton and Waynesboro. The Augusta county seat is Staunton,[1] although most of the administrative services have offices in neighboring Verona

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Augusta County is a United States county located in the Shenandoah Valley on the western edge of the Commonweatlh of Virginia. It is the second-largest county in Virginia by total area, and it surrounds the independent cities of Staunton and Waynesboro. The Augusta county seat is Staunton,[1] although most of the administrative services have offices in neighboring Verona

LOL! SNP wasn't even "there", then... try again.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

???

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
Some say he was killed by Comanches in Texas in a hunting party 1815-1825
He was born in 1765 or so if he died in 1825 he was 60 years old ?
His son Peter W. Finch II born around 1886 or so Augusta VA.

How did Sr. father a child well after he died?

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
1783-5, oops

1750's Augusta map may help here. VA1750a (1).jpg

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Question?

How long dose it take in the state of Virginia if a person has gone missing for his wife to declare him dead?

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would. I will even give you the cyphers 31-W 11-A 106-L 81-T 191-E 224-R 328-O 18-T 75-E 52-Y

I went to Beford with a list of a dozen names I had decyphered from C-3 I was going to search for them at the Bedford City Museum but they did not open until 10 AM the library opened at 9 AM so I went there first. I ask the librarian for a book on old families of Bedford County. She handed me a book called, "Leftwich Turner Families in Virginia." I took those twelve names and started looking in the index. The very first name I found was "Walter Otey" Just about scared the hell out of me. I was able to find a total of 10 of the 12 names so I know for a fact my decypherment of C-3 is correct as I do know that my decypherment of C-1 is correct. I have all three of the Beale Codes completely broken on my CD book, "The Lost Diary of Thomas J. Beall" Yes his last name is spelled with two letter"L's" instead of an "E" on the end. He was from Bealestown, PA His brother Zephaniah's wife was from just SE of Buford's Tavern. So they had connections to the Buford's Area.

By the way TJB's oldest brother Resin was a General in the Indian Wars and saved our country from an attack from Ft. Detroit. He was later a Congressman of Ohio at the same time of the Battle of New Orleans.

The name immediately in front of Walter Otey was Joseph Miller and he was the first man that crossed the Great Divide. He lived on top of Porter's Mountain behind Buford's Tavern.

So, this person was lost out west and never seen again around 1822?

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think you made your poin that Captain Thomas did in fact know this Peter Fitch as well as Jr's mother was in the south-east of that area as Franklin pointed out. I see how this is coming together for you John and i see you have been doing more reserch.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same as New Orleans I think 7 years.

Remember, this is subject to circumstances that could greatly alter the presumption of death. Also remember that present law isn't necessarily to be applied as it might have been in earlier times. So what were the circumstances of the proposed presumption of death? And what were the exact laws and practices during the effected period?

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember, this is subject to circumstances that could greatly alter the presumption of death. Also remember that present law isn't necessarily to be applied as it might have been in earlier times. So what were the circumstances of the proposed presumption of death? And what were the exact laws and practices during the effected period?

To fake a death at the time was not a hard thing. Then go to work for the Government was posibly what he did.

OP
OP
Cryptography

Cryptography

Banned
Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like Jean may have won this CIPHER #3 CHALLENGE.

We will give it some more time for others to get there information in!

legrand

Jul 28, 2008
Enjoy a radio interview from Night Vision Radio with Rene Barnett and guest Kenneth Andrew Bauman:

An earnest challenge to a superior cryptanalyst...Cryptography, would that be you? :

Meet Legrand's "Iron Box" :

PTSNS,STSTOTTLTSAI,DSTSTOTLTA,TSHSSH,*STS

TOTA*AHD*SPSH,HSIO*TAHHHLTSHHLTYTSHTS,HP,O*N,L

T,SSAPTASTSTPTTLSAASI,TTS,HASI,TASI,TTS,HAHDTS,H

ASI,TTDSA,ISHOSALHSTS,STS,SHLTYHAATTLSATSHTSHA

HDTSHLSHHTDSA,A*OA*AS,HATA*NHO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread