Do You Believe In Magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we step onto the stage and the magician ask us to select three cards from the deck and he then instructs us to place them one on top of the other in the order of our selection and then to put those three cards into our back pocket without letting him see them. This we do.

Once this is done the magician proceeds to tell us exactly which cards we chose and in what order we had selected them, and of course we are all stunned and amazed that he is correct. So how did he do it?

The answer is simple, it's a trick, and he already knew what cards we were going to select and in what order we would select them. We've all seen this type of card trick played out many-many times and we understand that it isn't magic at all, but rather it is simply the product of precisely controlled circumstances. It is a simple but fascinating card trick, nothing more.

So here we are, in 1822, and our magician has allegedly put three unmarked ciphers in an iron box and he has locked it. But amazingly, and some twenty-five years later he is able, in the clear text of C2, to tell us exactly how we have decided to identify and arrange those unmarked three ciphers. How did he do it? The answer, my friends, has to be the same as before, because under those same precisely controlled circumstances he already knew the answer.

And “POOF!” Just like that he has once again captivated and entertained the masses and left them in complete and utter awe. Many even still believing in his amazing magic and superhuman skills.

I have deposited in the county of Bedford, about four miles from Buford's, in an excavation or vault, six feet below the surface of the ground, the following articles, belonging jointly to the parties whose names are given in number "3," herewith:

The first deposit consisted of one thousand and fourteen pounds of gold, and three thousand eight hundred and twelve pounds of silver, deposited November, 1819. The second was made December, 1821, and consisted of nineteen hundred and seven pounds of gold, and twelve hundred and eighty-eight pounds of silver; also jewels, obtained in St. Louis in exchange for silver to save transportation, and valued at $13,000.

The above is securely packed in iron pots, with iron covers. The vault is roughly lined with stone, and the vessels rest on solid stone, and are covered with others. Paper number "1" describes the exact locality of the vault so that no difficulty will be had in finding it.”

How did he do it? How did he know? Seriously, you don't know the obvious "magical" answer to this? :laughing7:

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess you just figured out that someone OTHER than the gents from 1820's made that storyline to follow

It seems your magician is a Forger and is coding different tales through the whole of the agenda he is plotting for us to 'research'.....to search again and again and again

Magic?

No, Just a trick, but what a treat!

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Hold that thought........So, you are saying that the "Beale Papers" are a ruse based on that deduction?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]Again, never, as I have done, sacrifice your own and your family's interests to what may prove an illusion;[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]in reference to the coded ciphers 1 & 3

[/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times]
but, as I have already said, when your day's work is done, and you are comfortably seated by your good fire, a short time devoted to the subject can injure no one, and may bring its reward. [/FONT]

In reference to the code and key being found in the tales of the Beale Papers

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Times] The whole party were to accompany me for the first five hundred miles, when all but ten would return, these latter to remain with me to the end of the journey. [/FONT]

The codes are made with a few shifty alterations, to alter the codes from the #2 cipher found with the DOI to fit the above.

This is called a "Shifting Cipher"....one that takes out ten letters, and leaves the rest for the calculations

You will find the code shift starts at the 500th word in the DOI, where you remove the ten and reprocess the entirety of the other two codes.

The End.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, fellas, you are ALL missing the entire point that effects every educated deduction that's ever been presented in connection with the Beale paper story. In all of this there is still absolutely not one shred of factual/documented evidence that directly implicates the Beale papers to being connected to any of it. Period! At this juncture nothing else matters, not at all. Nobody has that smoking gun, just a handful of bullets of vastly different calibers. We can continue to manufacture and make all the unsupported claims that we desire, and no doubt it will continue, but who can present just one smoking gun? Despite everyone's best efforts over the years, "Nobody can!" And that's all that really matters. Don't you get it yet? Not a single theorist can claim more accuracy in his proposed theory then the next guy and in doing so it is only further solidifying that the soliciting theorist is making free and open claim that his theory is no stronger then the next in line, because just like all those other theories he has absolutely nothing different to present, just more of the same.

Eldo, I briefed myself on the Simpson Papers and right away I could tell that you do believe in magic and super human ability, etc. etc., etc. And as I was reading your summation I have to tell you that I was completely surprised when I didn't encounter the part where Superman had blasted open all of those mines and caves with his x-ray vision, the treasure residing in the bat cave under the constant protection of Batman and Robin. And I dare say, your summation is quite the marvel, pardon the pun. Looking back, perhaps you've been trying to sell that theory to the wrong type of publishers and producers? Just a suggestion. Unless, of course, you can produce that directly implicating material that still continues to allude everyone else? And "no" just as you say you don't have to produce anything. However, since you are the one who is on the constant sell then I do think it is incumbent upon you to establish your promise of fact when soliciting potential buyers. "Everybody has a good yarn to sell." So what, exactly, makes yours any different? That is the point and like it or not it is a very sharp point. So instead of telling us those "facts" you only believe to be the case, show us just one true fact that makes the required connection. Just one. No more pure speculation as you've already flooded us with those.

And I apologize for being so hard and cold but do you even have an inkling that by presenting the summation you present that you are also claiming most of the Beale papers to be untrue? Do you get it yet? With your theory you've managed to turn what you claim to be a true story into a work of complete fiction! You've managed to turn the unknown author into nothing more then a big storyteller! That's what your theory is actually suggesting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Regardless how many bullets each theorist has, by themselves those bullets do not make the loaded gun!" Period!

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, fellas, you are ALL missing the entire point that effects every educated deduction that's ever been presented in connection with the Beale paper story. In all of this there is still absolutely not one shred of factual/documented evidence that directly implicates the Beale papers to being connected to any of it. Period! At this juncture nothing else matters, not at all. Nobody has that smoking gun, just a handful of bullets of vastly different calibers. We can continue to manufacture and make all the unsupported claims that we desire, and no doubt it will continue, but who can present just one smoking gun? Despite everyone's best efforts over the years, "Nobody can!" And that's all that really matters. Don't you get it yet? Not a single theorist can claim more accuracy in his proposed theory then the next guy and in doing so it is only further solidifying that the soliciting theorist is making free and open claim that his theory is no stronger then the next in line, because just like all those other theories he has absolutely nothing different to present, just more of the same.

Eldo, I briefed myself on the Simpson Papers and right away I could tell that you do believe in magic and super human ability, etc. etc., etc. And as I was reading your summation I have to tell you that I was completely surprised when I didn't encounter the part where Superman had blasted open all of those mines and caves with his x-ray vision, the treasure residing in the bat cave under the constant protection of Batman and Robin. And I dare say, your summation is quite the marvel, pardon the pun. Looking back, perhaps you've been trying to sell that theory to the wrong type of publishers and producers? Just a suggestion. Unless, of course, you can produce that directly implicating material that still continues to allude everyone else? And "no" just as you say you don't have to produce anything. However, since you are the one who is on the constant sell then I do think it is incumbent upon you to establish your promise of fact when soliciting potential buyers. "Everybody has a good yarn to sell." So what, exactly, makes yours any different? That is the point and like it or not it is a very sharp point. So instead of telling us those "facts" you only believe to be the case, show us just one true fact that makes the required connection. Just one. No more pure speculation as you've already flooded us with those.

And I apologize for being so hard and cold but do you even have an inkling that by presenting the summation you present that you are also claiming most of the Beale papers to be untrue? Do you get it yet? With your theory you've managed to turn what you claim to be a true story into a work of complete fiction! You've managed to turn the unknown author into nothing more then a big storyteller! That's what your theory is actually suggesting.

Again, you don't need to sell me on the theory that you can't find a single clue,

it's obvious you think for others and put words in their mouths.........we have seen that strategy numerous times here.

when I didn't encounter the part where Superman had blasted open all of those mines and caves with his x-ray vision

what you claim to be a true story

Stop making assumptions of other's theories it looks petty.

We all know you can't derive facts from the list provided for you, to review one by one, and by how you deny everything seen for fact by dozens of promotions companies, politicians, and other officials, seems to show you have more of a dog in this game than before.

Why so obtuse in your denials......?

What do you have to gain by asserting a statement of authority in the issue.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Regardless how many bullets each theorist has, by themselves those bullets do not make the loaded gun!" Period!

Famous Last Words?

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This might be off topic.....But the beale codes make me question a few things.....One of the biggest being, if he had a list of names the treasure was supposed to go to? Why would that part be in code. Why not just print the names?

Justintime

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2011
Central, Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro,Pro pointer, TRX,Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Beachhunter ID, whites bullseye ll pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Other
The names are with the treasure, for they can easily be found.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The names are with the treasure, for they can easily be found.

Ok, ............Still new to this, I must have missed over that part or just didn't understand.

That makes more sense to me then!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lord, Eldo, you are still missing the very vital point. I don't care what "promotion companies" say, or what "politicians" say, all I care about at this juncture are those directly implicating "facts" that can actually connect any of these "claims" to the Beale paper story. That's it, past all of the smoke that's all that really means anything. And sadly, none of "us" can produce it. So it may as well be Superman, Batman, or anyone else we care to toss into the mix. And we may as well be able to turn an otherwise claimed true story into a book full misdirection, error, clues, and general disinformation because as we all know that's what authentic true stories are anyway, right? NO! No they are not! Do you get it now? :laughing7:

You can't call a text a true account and then proceed to rewrite that text in complete deviation of that original tale and still call it true. You simply can't have it both ways. according to the original "true" tale the party were simple adventurers who discovered the wealth through pure and total total happenstance, yet in your entirely true story this was a lie? How can that be? Well, it can't be. Period. Otherwise this entirely true story is no longer entirely true, which in itself begins to discredit the very story you claim to be a true an accurate and "authentic" accounting. So in essence, your theory only stands in claim that the original story was never true or authentic to begin with. This is a fact in details that you can no longer dodge. Nor can I or can anyone else who has ever proceeded to deviate from the details offered in the pamphlet because each time we do we are only confirming that more and more of the story was a lie. So where does it all stop so that something within the story still maintains it's original and true detail? You're just not getting, or more accurately, you're just not accepting it. And yet you must because it is what it is and there is no escaping it. :thumbsup:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The operation would be exposed then, he placed a ten year wait into the story to operate freely and be able to get away with their murders

And since he was caught by the investigation in the land grab, the forger had to lay low and let the locals who were loyal to the KGC make the discovery, based on a publicly published tale made to look like another Golden Bug Story.

Or they would have been seen coding and plotting their operation from the offices in St. Louis

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess you just figured out that someone OTHER than the gents from 1820's made that storyline to follow

It seems your magician is a Forger and is coding different tales through the whole of the agenda he is plotting for us to 'research'.....to search again and again and again

Magic?

No, Just a trick, but what a treat!

Hear again, you just called the unknown author a liar and made direct reference that his story is not entirely true and that the pamphlet does contain statements that are not true. This is vastly different then you prior stance when the word "authentic" was being debated in a different thread, that the story is authentic, reliable, and trustworthy. You are becoming entangled and strangled in your own spun web, my friend. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The operation would be exposed then, he placed a ten year wait into the story to operate freely and be able to get away with their murders

And since he was caught by the investigation in the land grab, the forger had to lay low and let the locals who were loyal to the KGC make the discovery, based on a publicly published tale made to look like another Golden Bug Story.

Or they would have been seen coding and plotting their operation from the offices in St. Louis

And here again, you present yet another summation that only serves to discredit the accuracy and honesty in the very story you claim to be authentic and true. In fact, at this point I doubt that you have left any of the original entirely "true" and "reliable" and "trustworthy" story unchanged? :laughing7: Please, keep going! And thank you very much! Would you care for an apple now? :laughing7: My treat!

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop! i'm new to the beale codes, And I also have a hard time following along.

So, I want to see if I understand where your coming from. You think it's a hoax? That was created by the person who claims to have held onto and opened the box? The tavern owner. Because there is no solid evidence anywhere of them being placed in there in 1822.

Is that a quick summery? I have a hard time following along sometimes, especially on something new to me. :sadsmiley: Sometimes it takes a while to sink in!:laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigscoop! i'm new to the beale codes, And I also have a hard time following along.

So, I want to see if I understand where your coming from. You think it's a hoax? That was created by the person who claims to have held onto and opened the box? The tavern owner. Because there is no solid evidence anywhere of them being placed in there in 1822.

Is that a quick summery? I have a hard time following along sometimes, especially on something new to me. :sadsmiley: Sometimes it takes a while to sink in!:laughing7:

Not exactly a hoax, per say, but rather....not everything in the pamphlet is accurate or true as presented, which ultimately brings into question the author's credibility and the credibility of the story he has presented. The big problem is that there is no existing evidence to even establish that the the story, or any portion of it, is true, all of this simply being left up to the reader and the author's claims, which are now obviously very suspect. So basically what we have is a story that may or may not provide some measure of truth but we have no way of knowing, or of establishing either.

From here this issue becomes even more clouded as all of these claims of unfounded solution continue to unfold, the irony being that most of these theorist maintain the notion that the story is true, and yet by proceeding to change all of the details in the pamphlet story into contrary events these theorist are actually contradicting their own claims that the story is true in it's original form. So in the end what we end up with are a bunch of theories that have simply been manufactured out of personal convenience, not a single one of them, including my own, are able to present one single piece of evidence that directly connects these theories to the alleged "true" events detailed in the Beale pamphlet. Yet, some still insist that their theory is "the fact" behind the Beale papers, when in reality, there are no directly connecting facts at all, just pure conjecture and speculation.

So in answering your question I can only tell you that there are no facts connecting the Beale story to anything or that the story is even true. This is what is still missing in all of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread