Literary Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a couple of places in the Beale Pamphlet where the author has determined to exercise literary device in his narration of the Beale story. The question is; did he do this with designed purpose or was he so inept in his command of language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling that these literary alternatives and devices went completely unnoticed? As one reviews the text in its entirety it becomes apparent that the author held great command of language, punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Hmmmmm......

I recently purchased a new RCA sound bar for the 40” flat screen TV in my office/den that I often use as a monitor. As I was installing the new sound bar I was referencing the included instruction manual that provided several different sections in different languages, the subject of each simply being titled, “Connections” and spelled as such in the English section. However, in the French section this heading was spelled, “Connexions”....just as it should have been.

In the Beale Pamphlet our otherwise English writing author who has great command over language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, determines to use the alternate spelling “connexions” when proposing his very purpose for providing the mystery to his readers, yet later in this very same text he determines to revert back to the English spelling of this word. This is just one such instance where our author has introduced intentional literary device into his narration.

Why did he elect to do this? And why did he elect to introduce these devices at each of those chosen moments within the text? Or, did all of this take place without his ever noticing or his recognition of these circumstances? Whatever his reasons for introducing these literary devices it is, perhaps, foolish to assume that this author, an author with great command of language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, allowed these devices to exist without his notice. So if he did take notice of these devices then why did he allow them to remain? :laughing7::icon_scratch::notworthy:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have seen, and established, the use of these same literary devices in the author's decided use of the word "authentic", or that basket of apples that contains more eggs then apples.

We have also seen, and clearly established, this same type of literary device in the author's detailing of the numbering of ciphers according to their length, when in fact there is no doubt whatsoever that he already possessed the knowledge of their intended order.

And there are a few more clearly established tell-tells in regards to these inserted literary devices that have yet to be presented, but will eventually be presented when the time and circumstances require them. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There are a couple of places in the Beale Pamphlet where the author has determined to exercise literary device in his narration of the Beale story. The question is; did he do this with designed purpose or was he so inept in his command of language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling that these literary alternatives and devices went completely unnoticed? As one reviews the text in its entirety it becomes apparent that the author held great command of language, punctuation, grammar, and spelling. Hmmmmm......

I recently purchased a new RCA sound bar for the 40” flat screen TV in my office/den that I often use as a monitor. As I was installing the new sound bar I was referencing the included instruction manual that provided several different sections in different languages, the subject of each simply being titled, “Connections” and spelled as such in the English section. However, in the French section this heading was spelled, “Connexions”....just as it should have been.

In the Beale Pamphlet our otherwise English writing author who has great command over language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, determines to use the alternate spelling “connexions” when proposing his very purpose for providing the mystery to his readers, yet later in this very same text he determines to revert back to the English spelling of this word. This is just one such instance where our author has introduced intentional literary device into his narration.

Why did he elect to do this? And why did he elect to introduce these devices at each of those chosen moments within the text? Or, did all of this take place without his ever noticing or his recognition of these circumstances? Whatever his reasons for introducing these literary devices it is, perhaps, foolish to assume that this author, an author with great command of language, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, allowed these devices to exist without his notice. So if he did take notice of these devices then why did he allow them to remain? :laughing7::icon_scratch::notworthy:

Are YOU reading a copy of the ORIGINAL Beale PAPERS Pamphlet...?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are YOU reading a copy of the ORIGINAL Beale PAPERS Pamphlet...?

Yep. You know how I am about second hand info. :laughing7:
There's a great deal to be learned about the author and the story if we just take the time to really investigate the text before we jump into conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread