Bigpoopscoops Summation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bigpoopscoop's Summation

Here's what I can tell you with a high degree of certainty in the following summation “if” this story holds any measure of truth, which it quite possibly could.

1. The author of the letters, the story, and the ciphers were the same person.
  2. Whoever wrote the story had a high degree of education in, and/or access to, language, grammar, law, and cipher design and application.
  3. Ward was not the author.
  4. If the story holds any measure of truth then the author held intimate knowledge of the alleged events because he most likely participated in those events.
  5. At the time of the pamphlet's publication the author was of later years, probably in his late eighties or early nineties, if he was still alive? Keep in mind that the pamphlet had of been penned before it's actual publication date or the date of copyright application, but just how far prior?
  6. Something about Richmond Virginia held great importance to the enterprise but just exactly what that was is still uncertain?
  7. Thomas Beale was not calling the shots, it has just been assumed as much since the story details that he was elected captain?
  8. The dates of deposit offered in the pamphlet are accurate.
  9. The deposits in question are not in the form of raw gold and silver and they did not come from mines.
  10. The Adams Onis Treaty was the single event that resulted in the two deposits, and the reasons for them.
  11. “If” any of this is true it still will not lead to successful solution of the remaining two “altered” ciphers.
  12. At this time I believe I may know who the real author was and why he elected to write “his story.”
Now it would require volumes detailing years of individual research and investigation and collaboration to explain why I have arrived at this summation so this obviously isn't going to happen in these forums or in any future book. What I've posted here has just come about as a result of the above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is very possible that the author of the Pamphlet could turn out to be a real stunner, neither Ward or Button or Sherman or any of the other usual suspects. In the very beginning of the story we are asked to make the required connections, Thomas J. Beale, J.B. Ward, Robert Morriss and others referenced in the story. In 1884, just one year prior to the pamphlet's publication and the same year that Ward applied for copyright, we have a Thomas J. Beale in "Jackson Ward" Richmond, the very city our author claimed he had important business affairs. In 1829/30 a host of suspects are in Richmond Virginia concluding important business affairs. Ironically, Jackson Ward started it's development in 1829/30, Jackson and the others having been referenced in the pamphlet with design and purpose, all of them having been slave owners and playing vital roles throughout their lives. After it's development Jackson Ward would later become known as the Black Wall Street of the Americas, the new epicenter of Black wealth in the US.

This is a theory/project I had been working on for quite some time but it wasn't until Jeff unknowingly let the cat out of the bag when he made that post about an alderman named Thomas J. Beale showing up in that old new paper list of registered voters. And there is more, much more.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
THE ADAMS-ONIS TREATY PAYMENTS

Here's what I can tell you with a high degree of certainty in the following summation “if” this story holds any measure of truth, which it quite possibly could.

The Adams Onis Treaty was the single event that resulted in the two deposits, and the reasons for them.
“If” any of this is true it still will not lead to successful solution of the remaining two “altered” ciphers.
At this time I believe I may know who the real author was and why he elected to write “his story.”
In Article 11, it is agreed that the United States government will pay the claims against Spain made by American citizens, not to exceed million dollars.
The Adams-Onis Treaty of 1819
The Adams-Onis Treaty was signed in 1819, the United States government set up a commission headed by Daniel Webster and William Wirt to address these claims and to distribute the million dollars.
1859 claims arising from 720 "spoliation incidents" were paid out, the first payments began in 1823.
No money was given to Spain.
Bigscoop, I know we have discussed the Adams-Onis connection to Beale, which I believe is quite nebulous at most-are you suggesting the Beale Papers are about a recipient of one of the claims?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Article 11, it is agreed that the United States government will pay the claims against Spain made by American citizens, not to exceed million dollars.
The Adams-Onis Treaty of 1819
The Adams-Onis Treaty was signed in 1819, the United States government set up a commission headed by Daniel Webster and William Wirt to address these claims and to distribute the million dollars.
1859 claims arising from 720 "spoliation incidents" were paid out, the first payments began in 1823.
No money was given to Spain.
Bigscoop, I know we have discussed the Adams-Onis connection to Beale, which I believe is quite nebulous at most-are you suggesting the Beale Papers are about a recipient of one of the claims?

No. What I'm suggesting is that the terms and fallout of the Adams Onis Treaty possibly posed a very devastating circumstance to those involved. As a result of this treaty all Spanish possessions were to be returned/retained to/by Spain. Any means of illegal wealth that was acquired in those Spanish provinces prior to the territory becoming US territory would have qualified. So, what to do in 1818 when you learned of this treaty? Simply relocating that wealth into eastern US banks would not have protected this wealth from rightful Spanish claims. As I have disclosed many times in these forums the two dates of both alleged deposits fall in perfect chronological order of both the signing and ratification dates of this treaty, and also to Beale's alleged visits with Morriss.

How did Sherlock Holmes phrase that? :laughing7:
And let me add....if this chronological order had taken place only once I could have shrugged it off as simple happenstance, but twice? This I could not shrug off as simple happenstance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me pose a simple notion for folks to maul over.
In the Beale Pamphlet we are told that this wealth was never recovered, however, what if this statement was boasting? Or perhaps, never recovered by who? If I had hidden illegal Spanish wealth and gotten away with it could I not claim that the wealth had never been recovered? We have only assumed the reference is to mean that there is still wealth hidden in the ground.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Let me pose a simple notion for folks to maul over.
In the Beale Pamphlet we are told that this wealth was never recovered, however, what if this statement was boasting? Or perhaps, never recovered by who? If I had hidden illegal Spanish wealth and gotten away with it could I not claim that the wealth had never been recovered? We have only assumed the reference is to mean that there is still wealth hidden in the ground.
Well, Spanish stuff became Mexican Stuff; then by 1848 or so (Mexican War)... NO MO Spanish Stuff... then it was AMERICAN Stuff, ALL of it... even Mexican Treasury! Then the Spanish-AMERICAN War, with TEDDY! Oh, what a TANGLED Web, we weave! :laughing7: Java Zone is OPEN! MULL it Over! :icon_thumleft: VERY "Vexing"! da mucha rabia!

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No. What I'm suggesting is that the terms and fallout of the Adams Onis Treaty possibly posed a very devastating circumstance to those involved. As a result of this treaty all Spanish possessions were to be returned/retained to/by Spain. Any means of illegal wealth that was acquired in those Spanish provinces prior to the territory becoming US territory would have qualified. So, what to do in 1818 when you learned of this treaty? Simply relocating that wealth into eastern US banks would not have protected this wealth from rightful Spanish claims. As I have disclosed many times in these forums the two dates of both alleged deposits fall in perfect chronological order of both the signing and ratification dates of this treaty, and also to Beale's alleged visits with Morriss.

How did Sherlock Holmes phrase that? :laughing7:
And let me add....if this chronological order had taken place only once I could have shrugged it off as simple happenstance, but twice? This I could not shrug off as simple happenstance.
Adams-Onis Treaty signed-Feb 22,1819
Ratified by Spain-Oct 24,1820
Ratified by US- Feb 19, 1821
Proclaimed-Feb 22,1821
If not happenstance, possibly coincidence, but I serious doubt deliberate purpose.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Proclaimed-Feb 22,1821
If not happenstance, possibly coincidence, but I serious doubt deliberate purpose.

Toss in the first date of deposit and the date of Beale's alleged first visit and see what you end up with. Then do this again with the second date of deposit and the date of his second visit. What you will discover is an near "exact" chronological order of both events. This cannot be by happenstance.

The bottom line here is that, at the very least, the evidence strongly suggest that the author made a conscious effort to produce these chronological orders.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Proclaimed-Feb 22,1821
From the BEALE Papers:
First deposit-Nov, 1819
Second deposit-Dec, 1821
Chronological by year, yes, but the month when the Treaty was signed, ratified, and proclaimed, was February.
This is speculation on the "authors" intent on your part, and we both realize how easy it is to fit events into the Beale story to support ones pet theory. There are many examples of this on these threads that we all have debated.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treaty signing date: February 1819
(9 months)
First Deposit date: November 1819
(2 months)
Beale’s first visit: January 1820
11 months

Treaty’s Rat. Date: February 1821
(10 months)
Second Deposit date: December 1821
(1 month)
Beale’s second visit: January 1822
11 months

The above has nothing to do with theories as the information stands on it own. In both cases the same chronological timing of the three events take place, and very nearly in absolute exact order despite there being "exactly" two years of separation between these two strings. In fact, these two separate strings are so exact that it is only the one month difference leading up to the dates of deposits that prevents these strings from being absolutely exact.

How did Sherlock say that phrase you're always quoting? :laughing7:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Treaty signing date: February 1819
(9 months)
First Deposit date: November 1819
(2 months)
Beale’s first visit: January 1820
11 months

Treaty’s Rat. Date: February 1821
(10 months)
Second Deposit date: December 1821
(1 month)
Beale’s second visit: January 1822
11 months

The above has nothing to do with theories as the information stands on it own. In both cases the same chronological timing of the three events take place, and very nearly in absolute exact order despite there being "exactly" two years of separation between these two strings. In fact, these two separate strings are so exact that it is only the one month difference leading up to the dates of deposits that prevents these strings from being absolutely exact.

How did Sherlock say that phrase you're always quoting? :laughing7:
That's is just on the Treaty; STILL no HISTORICAL documentation that Beale Expedition ever happened, NOR... BEALE Treasure. Java Zone is now, OPEN...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
bigscoop, I don't think I would have used the title but again that is up to you.

I believe Charles William Button was the author of the Job Print Pamphlet. True William Sherman worked for him and later purchased the newspaper and he had written several dime novels. Well Button was the owner during the Civil War and the years that both Robert Morris and Sarah Mitchell Morris, wife died. Charles W. Button lived in one half of the home of Robert Morris and a son of Maurice Langhorne lived in the other half after Maurice died. Maurice before passing was head bird at the Masonic Lodge and Robert Morris was into all of the Mason Rituals as well. Button could have learned from Maurice's son the story or he was a friend to Robert Morris as well as General Jubal Early. Charles W. Button had been into politics in Richmond before the Civil War and at the end of the Civil War he was elected to the Confederate Congress only after Richmond had already been vacated and his name is not listed on the Confederate Congress records. Charles W. Button was known to never swear profanity and always tried to tell the truth. If and I say if he was the author then it makes the story of the Beale Treasure true.

When those ads were run April 10 and April 15, 1885 Button still owned the newspaper. It was not sold to Sherman until October 1885. Button did not do the ads for the money because he was wealthy and Sherman could not have done it to save the paper because he did not own it at the time. Charles W. Button purchased the newspaper back and later sold it to a group of citizens of Lynchburg, Va. Charles W. Button is the author.
For MORE info on CWB, "google" For Good Or Bad, Civil War Editor Was Man Of His Times. He was PROBABLY a Freemason; MOST important men in Lynchburg, Va. WERE!
AND! There was a "Secret Society" of the ELITE Men in Lynchnurg in 1867 or so... Hyena Club; they met on Hog Island... is THAT a "clue"...? Dunno, gonna do some R & I. Java Zone is now OPEN!
MORE R & I on CWB... "Button was a good writer, though long-winded (LOL!). In addition to religious metaphors, he often deployed classical and European references".
HERE! ("HEAR"): CWB "ended his newspaper career with a BIZARRE interlude in which earlier written a dime novel that MAY have sparked the BEALE TREASURE legend about a hoard of GOLD buried in Bedford (Va.)". FOR GOOD OR BAD, CIVIL WAR EDITOR WAS MAN OF HIS TIMES... HA! (Speaking in Walter Cronkite voice)... " And THERE, you have it on Tuesday, August 18th, 2015... I have "Blue Lodge" meeting, tonight; BB tomorrow!

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is very possible that the author of the Pamphlet could turn out to be a real stunner, neither Ward or Button or Sherman or any of the other usual suspects. In the very beginning of the story we are asked to make the required connections, Thomas J. Beale, J.B. Ward, Robert Morriss and others referenced in the story. In 1884, just one year prior to the pamphlet's publication and the same year that Ward applied for copyright, we have a Thomas J. Beale in "Jackson Ward" Richmond, the very city our author claimed he had important business affairs. In 1829/30 a host of suspects are in Richmond Virginia concluding important business affairs. Ironically, Jackson Ward started it's development in 1829/30, Jackson and the others having been referenced in the pamphlet with design and purpose, all of them having been slave owners and playing vital roles throughout their lives. After it's development Jackson Ward would later become known as the Black Wall Street of the Americas, the new epicenter of Black wealth in the US.

This is a theory/project I had been working on for quite some time but it wasn't until Jeff unknowingly let the cat out of the bag when he made that post about an alderman named Thomas J. Beale showing up in that old new paper list of registered voters. And there is more, much more.

Did you not hear also about the Black Wall Street that was building in Tulsa, OK.?

They ended up rallying support for a burning, and ended up rioting to oust the black population in the city. Firebombing, raiding, evicting, and thrashing ther black business centers.

This was in 1921. After your time but it shows that rebuilding was quick and there were massive investments made by the black populations

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's is just on the Treaty; STILL no HISTORICAL documentation that Beale Expedition ever happened, NOR... BEALE Treasure. Java Zone is now, OPEN...

You are correct. But it is just one of many reason why I think it is still possible that the Beale story "might be" something more then just a dime novel. When we pick apart the story and the ciphers and we start to discover some of the makings within something profound begins to stand out.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct. But it is just one of many reason why I think it is still possible that the Beale story "might be" something more then just a dime novel. When we pick apart the story and the ciphers and we start to discover some of the makings within something profound begins to stand out.

Particulars markings?

Which ones were "out of place" to you?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Makings"...not markings.

I've never quite understood how some want to believe that an alleged secret or covert enterprise involves the leaving of identifiable markings all over the place. Would sort of defeat the initial purpose, don't you think. A lot like a big game hunter following tracks in the snow. :laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Such as...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread