Alternate Sources of Wealth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alternate sources of wealth?

When we start researching the possible alternative sources of the wealth that may have defined the two Beale deposits there isn't a lot to be found, and yet, there are a few possible alternate sources. But are any of them the correct alternative source, and if so, which one?

This is simply a topic of exploration, one in which we can explore and discuss the various possibilities outlined within. So what are you're thoughts? Do you think any of them could be that possible alternative source, and why, or why not? So let us begin with what is perhaps the strongest of these possible alternative sources.

In the Laffite memoirs we learn of two sources of wealth that were apparently relocated in perfect chronological order with the alleged dates of deposits provided in the Beale pamphlet. This first source was said to amount to $476'000, the value of the second source only relating to “gold that was to be distributed to the indicated places as promised.” Again, both of these dates of transfer correspond exactly with those dates of deposit offered in the Beale pamphlet story. And if this alleged wealth was real then who, exactly, had the promise of distribution been made to?

A second alternative source involves the treasury of Nepoleon Bonaparte, the transferring of this money to the US having been a documented matter of discussion prior to Nepoleon's departure on his campaign against the coalition that resulted in his eventual loss at Waterloo, a defeat that was almost certain right from the very onset, which is why sending a portion of his treasury to the US had been discussed before his departure. In this we learn two important things, that a great deal of money may have actually been sent to the US, and second, we learn that the US had already been determined as that place of escape and exile in the face of defeat. So was that money sent to the US? And if so, how was it sent and to where, exactly?

A third source of alternative wealth might not be quite so obvious a candidate but it's certainly not without reason, this being wealth that had been set in hiding by Joseph Bonaparte, Nepoleon Bonaparte's brother and also the ex king of Spain who held a documented history of smuggling ill-gotten wealth into the US, this even including the crown jewels. This he managed not once, but twice. The first time upon his arrival here and a second time after settling here with the assistance of Steven Girard, the richest man in the country at the time.

Now we know some of these alternate possibilities existed and/or that at least a portion of them did find their way into the US, or at the very least in some instances, that a portion of them were destined for the US under certain circumstances that did eventually arrive. But in just these three possible examples of alternative wealth we immediately run into complications in keeping them separated because all of these same people and their interest were also so intimately involved with each other.

Ironically, if we go back to the Laffite memoirs and those two perfectly chronological transfers of wealth that coincide so neatly with the alleged dates of Beale deposits we also recognize that all of this also falls into perfect chronological order with the signing and ratification dates of the Adams Onis Treaty, that final draft that put an immediate end to all of the activities at Galveston Island to which all of these men were so intimately involved, at least in the beginning. So could some or most of these motivations have actually surrounded the presence or smuggling of one or more of these alternate forms of wealth?

Jewels do not become jewels until they are cut. Likewise, silver and gold does not become accurate or detailed measures of silver and gold until it is refined. In the Beale pamphlet we are offered “jewels” and we are also offered “exact weights of silver and gold” to the very pound as if listed on a manifest or other type of an accounting ledger. Science and history explain to us in very definite terms that the mining of these minerals from the Colorado region just wasn't possible during the effected period and lengthy research has also indicated that their was nobody in Saint Louis at the time who had the ability to turn precious stones into cut jewels. And when we consider the $476'000 that is proposed in the memoirs, well, this is also pretty exacting but not defined as having been jewels and gold and silver, nor does this mean that this wealth was being kept locally. So, if the two Beale deposits were indeed real then where did they really come from and what might have been it's true purpose?

There's a lot worth exploring here so let's have some fun and proceed to explore these three possibilities and any other documented or referenced specific sources of alternative wealth that fall within the period that you might care to toss into the mix.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Alternate sources of wealth?

When we start researching the possible alternative sources of the wealth that may have defined the two Beale deposits there isn't a lot to be found, and yet, there are a few possible alternate sources. But are any of them the correct alternative source, and if so, which one?

This is simply a topic of exploration, one in which we can explore and discuss the various possibilities outlined within. So what are you're thoughts? Do you think any of them could be that possible alternative source, and why, or why not? So let us begin with what is perhaps the strongest of these possible alternative sources.

In the Laffite memoirs we learn of two sources of wealth that were apparently relocated in perfect chronological order with the alleged dates of deposits provided in the Beale pamphlet. This first source was said to amount to $476'000, the value of the second source only relating to “gold that was to be distributed to the indicated places as promised.” Again, both of these dates of transfer correspond exactly with those dates of deposit offered in the Beale pamphlet story. And if this alleged wealth was real then who, exactly, had the promise of distribution been made to?

A second alternative source involves the treasury of Nepoleon Bonaparte, the transferring of this money to the US having been a documented matter of discussion prior to Nepoleon's departure on his campaign against the coalition that resulted in his eventual loss at Waterloo, a defeat that was almost certain right from the very onset, which is why sending a portion of his treasury to the US had been discussed before his departure. In this we learn two important things, that a great deal of money may have actually been sent to the US, and second, we learn that the US had already been determined as that place of escape and exile in the face of defeat. So was that money sent to the US? And if so, how was it sent and to where, exactly?

A third source of alternative wealth might not be quite so obvious a candidate but it's certainly not without reason, this being wealth that had been set in hiding by Joseph Bonaparte, Nepoleon Bonaparte's brother and also the ex king of Spain who held a documented history of smuggling ill-gotten wealth into the US, this even including the crown jewels. This he managed not once, but twice. The first time upon his arrival here and a second time after settling here with the assistance of Steven Girard, the richest man in the country at the time.

Now we know some of these alternate possibilities existed and/or that at least a portion of them did find their way into the US, or at the very least in some instances, that a portion of them were destined for the US under certain circumstances that did eventually arrive. But in just these three possible examples of alternative wealth we immediately run into complications in keeping them separated because all of these same people and their interest were also so intimately involved with each other.

Ironically, if we go back to the Laffite memoirs and those two perfectly chronological transfers of wealth that coincide so neatly with the alleged dates of Beale deposits we also recognize that all of this also falls into perfect chronological order with the signing and ratification dates of the Adams Onis Treaty, that final draft that put an immediate end to all of the activities at Galveston Island to which all of these men were so intimately involved, at least in the beginning. So could some or most of these motivations have actually surrounded the presence or smuggling of one or more of these alternate forms of wealth?

Jewels do not become jewels until they are cut. Likewise, silver and gold does not become accurate or detailed measures of silver and gold until it is refined. In the Beale pamphlet we are offered “jewels” and we are also offered “exact weights of silver and gold” to the very pound as if listed on a manifest or other type of an accounting ledger. Science and history explain to us in very definite terms that the mining of these minerals from the Colorado region just wasn't possible during the effected period and lengthy research has also indicated that their was nobody in Saint Louis at the time who had the ability to turn precious stones into cut jewels. And when we consider the $476'000 that is proposed in the memoirs, well, this is also pretty exacting but not defined as having been jewels and gold and silver, nor does this mean that this wealth was being kept locally. So, if the two Beale deposits were indeed real then where did they really come from and what might have been it's true purpose?

There's a lot worth exploring here so let's have some fun and proceed to explore these three possibilities and any other documented or referenced specific sources of alternative wealth that fall within the period that you might care to toss into the mix.
Lafitte's Memoires...? PROBABLY planted by NSA Agents in the 40's; SEVERAL agents DID visit Lynchburg, Va. in the 40's... sent by Friedman & Company.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lafitte's Memoires...? PROBABLY planted by NSA Agents in the 40's; SEVERAL agents DID visit Lynchburg, Va. in the 40's... sent by Friedman & Company.

Hu? You just lost me, completely, with that one. ???

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will send web-site "of interest", if I can find it... "franklin" also knows.

Tell me you're not suggesting that the NSA planted the Laffite memoirs. :laughing7:
Please tell me you're not buying into such ridiculous chatter if this is what you're suggesting.:laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Tell me you're not suggesting that the NSA planted the Laffite memoirs. :laughing7:
Please tell me you're not buying into such ridiculous chatter if this is what you're suggesting.:laughing7:
YEP! I AM! YOU "said" a while back that the LM were FAKE! COULD have been done by Friedman & Company... AGENTs were in Lynchburg, Va. asking ppl "on the Street" about the Beale Treasure/Beale PAPERS Pamphlet... LM came out in the 1940's; I see a "CONNECTION"!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP! I AM! YOU "said" a while back that the LM were FAKE! COULD have been done by Friedman & Company... AGENTs were in Lynchburg, Va. asking ppl "on the Street" about the Beale Treasure/Beale PAPERS Pamphlet... LM came out in the 1940's; I see a "CONNECTION"!

NO! I've never said the memoirs were fake......quite the contrary in fact. :laughing7:
Today we know that the memoirs contain accurate account of several events that only someone with intimate knowledge about those events could have known. So, NO, while they may be forgeries, which I seriously doubt, they still contain accurate accounts.
And besides, we know the origin of the memoirs and the mere suggestion that the NSA had anything to do with them is absolutely preposterous and so far out in left field that no ball could ever be hit far enough. :laughing7: I think you probably need to avoid websites that suggest such grand conspiracies. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NO! I've never said the memoirs were fake......quite the contrary in fact. :laughing7:
Today we know that the memoirs contain accurate account of several events that only someone with intimate knowledge about those events could have known. So, NO, while they may be forgeries, which I seriously doubt, they still contain accurate accounts.
And besides, we know the origin of the memoirs and the mere suggestion that the NSA had anything to do with them is absolutely preposterous and so far out in left field that no ball could ever be hit far enough. :laughing7: I think you probably need to avoid websites that suggest such grand conspiracies. :thumbsup:
HEY! I played LEFT FIELD in High School Base-ball. R& I came from MANY books, articles, & a web-site or two about Code-Breakers W. Friedman & his wife, Elisabeth (who was REALLY the one doing R & I)... at VMI. HA! MORE TO COME!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MORE R & I. Get yer Coffee pot going; MAY be a LONG night... HELP from Ron Gervais web-site (accessible to ALL). Page 23 - Beale Ciphers Analysis: The GENUINE Booklet, The BEALE PAPERS; a letter to Mr. Friedman "by an associate, who was describing his visit to Lynchburg"... CLICK on it! TYPED with side notes in hand-writing; Lt. Thomas Fawcett, FRIEDMAN, etc. Page 23; www.angelfire.com/pro/bealeciphers/Page23.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread