DRILL HOLES in big boulder @ Roanoke Valley Over-Look, BRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: @ Roanoke Valley Over-Look on BRP, wife & I stopped for a view of the Roanoke Valley; 3 big boulders there at the OL (west-side) & HUGE bluff of Rocks (east-side). ONE boulders had SEVEN Drills-Holes "oddly-placed"... COULD have been surveyors holes for "Sighting Pole"... BUT! The DH's reminded me of the" extra" PAPER with NUMBERS oddly places, found in the BOX, along with letters from TJB, the 3 pages of Ciphers, etc. Gotta find that "missing paper"; think it was in Innis' book, GOLD IN THOSE HILLS. IF a "match" is found... WHY, DRILL-HOLES...? :icon_scratch::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2: Thinking also, it COULD be "Sighting Pole" for SUN SHADOWS... dunno.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The drilled holes are easily explained as they were drilled by hand by the CCC boys when they made the Blue Ridge Parkway in the 1930's
I thought that, too... BUT! Holes were not very deep, maybe, about 1/2 to 1'' deep. I have the book on building the BRP, and histories on Roanoke, RV, and "Big Lick"...

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If those are that shallow I would think they are NOT "blast holes" for charges to break rock.
I would tend to think "sight" holes or rod holes for survey. Are they in the river? along the banks?
Did you do a rough "sighting" using them to see if they "pointed" to any special or different geology in the area.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If those are that shallow I would think they are NOT "blast holes" for charges to break rock.
I would tend to think "sight" holes or rod holes for survey. Are they in the river? along the banks?
Did you do a rough "sighting" using them to see if they "pointed" to any special or different geology in the area.
NOPE, NOT near Roanoke River... on Blue Ridge Parkway, over-looking Roanoke Valley, Va.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
NOPE, NOT near Roanoke River... on Blue Ridge Parkway, over-looking Roanoke Valley, Va.
My Thoughts: Use of Sighting Pole to "line up" several things; OR... to "set" SUN SHADOWS onto "places of interest"... BUT! A BIG bluff (ROCKS/STONE "Face") prevents Eastern Sun; when Sun is over the bluff... VERY short shadows on mountain side above Roanoke Valley. Sun setting in the WEST, would create SUN SHADOWS on the Bluff; couldn't see ANYTHING of interest, on the EAST-side Bluff... dunno. Appears to be VERY solid.

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Found info on TN! FOURTEEN pages (I need MORE coffee); R & I on Treasure Marks & Signs SUB-FORUM... "Just Drill Holes" THREAD... Carry ON!

OP
OP
R

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Doing R & I on TN for SUN SHADOWS "use of Sun"; Staff of RA...? NOPE! HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread