Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: PEOPLE THAT HAVE CLAIMED TO HAVE SOLVED THE BEALE CIPHERS

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    7th Master

Feb 2015
    at home
    260 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Laf View Post
    If you read it in context of the WHOLE, you will find that it states that the person thought they had the answer to the whole of the ciphers, but only turned out to be the answer to page 2 .

You seem to be trying to confuse people with out of context quotes . Is that all you can do ?
    This guy is having an emotional breaking here with this topic! He must learn to read all the information as a whole and not separate every sentence to suit his purposes.
    Cryptography likes this.
    Foolish to seek fortune when real treasure hiding under nose.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8280 times
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpoe View Post
    A secure cipher system must have a wide range of potential keys. For example, if the sender uses the pigpen cipher to encrypt a message, then encryption is very weak because there is only 1 potential key, given by the pigpen grid. From the enemy's point of view, if they intercept the message and suspect that the pigpen cipher is being used, then they merely have to use the grid to decode the message. The more keys the better your ciphers!
    Sure, but none of that answers the question, "How did your author "know" that there was still a missing unintelligible paper?" Perhaps you care to elaborate on this?
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8280 times
    This guy is having an emotional breaking here with this topic! He must learn to read all the information as a whole and not separate every sentence to suit his purposes.
    ...."You can't read only what you want to hear, my friend, you have to read what is being said." Perhaps you can explain how your author knew that there was still a "missing unintelligible paper?" I mean, this is what he hopes his narration will eventually bring to light, but how does he know it even exist? You fellas keep trying to dance around this real circumstance within the narration.

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    4643 times
    He was asking about the letter with the "KEY" that he never received. Not an unintelligible paper, the unintelligible paper was the sheets of cipher codes.
    Jean Laf and Cryptography like this.

us

Jun 2010
    8280 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    He was asking about the letter with the "KEY" that he never received. Not an unintelligible paper, the unintelligible paper was the sheets of cipher codes.
    You need to read the story again. He already has the ciphers, he discovered the key, now he has the ciphers and a working key, yet he testifies that he is hoping that his narration will bring to light the missing paper. If he already possesses the ciphers and a working key, then how does he "know" that a still missing paper is required? According to the alleged letters, "a key" would arrive to him if that step was required, "a key", not "the keys." Well, he already discovered a working "key" so how does he know that he still needs another missing paper?

This is a circumstance within the narration that has baffled hopeful decoders for a long time. They claim to have the solution to C1 and yet the author himself testifies that another missing paper is required. So, how does he know that with such certainty? Forget that he even describes said paper as being unintelligible, the point is that he "knows" another paper is still required, but given what he already possesses how does he know that? Only one way he could know that.

us
    Rev

Dec 2014
    LA
    Discovery 2000 Treasure Hunter XJ9-3050 Treasure Hunter 3030
    299 times
    Bible and Decoding Beale Cipher
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Ditto !
    franklin and Cryptography like this.

us

Jun 2010
    8280 times
    Ditto !
    Really simple for you, then. "Why does he need it?" If he has "the key" and "the ciphers" then why would he still need the letter unless there was something else left unspoken in it?

Are you suggesting that each cipher had it's own individual key, as in say, perhaps three required keys? If so then you can't possibly have a solution as you'd still require two more keys, wouldn't you. And since he already has discovered "a key" then why is he so certain that he still needs another missing paper? Why not just tell your readers that, "I have the key but I just can't figure out how to apply it to the remaining ciphers?" But he didn't state any of this other stuff, all he stated was that he was hoping to bring "the missing paper to light." So once again, how does he know that there's a missing paper at all? You guys are still dodging and weaving around the obvious existing condition of, "how the author could be certain that there was still a missing paper?"

us
    Rev

Dec 2014
    LA
    299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Really simple for you, then. "Why does he need it?" If he has "the key" and "the ciphers" then why would he still need the letter unless there was something else left unspoken in it?

Are you suggesting that each cipher had it's own individual key, as in say, perhaps three required keys? If so then you can't possibly have a solution as you'd still require two more keys, wouldn't you. And since he already has discovered "a key" then why is he so certain that he still needs another missing paper? Why not just tell your readers that, "I have the key but I just can't figure out how to apply it to the remaining ciphers?" But he didn't state any of this other stuff, all he stated was that he was hoping to bring "the missing paper to light." So once again, how does he know that there's a missing paper at all? You guys are still dodging and weaving around the obvious existing condition of, "how the author could be certain that there was still a missing paper?"
    You will find, in addition to the papers addressed to you, other papers which will be unintelligible without the aid of a key to assist you. Such a key I have left in the hands of a friend in this place, sealed, addressed to yourself, and endorsed not to be delivered until June, 1832. By means of this you will understand fully all you will be required to do.
    Last edited by Jean Laf; Jan 13, 2018 at 08:34 PM.

us

Jun 2010
    8280 times
    You will find, in addition to the papers addressed to you, other papers which will be unintelligible without the aid of a key to assist you. Such a key I have left in the hands of a friend in this place, sealed, addressed to yourself, and endorsed not to be delivered until June, 1832. By means of this you will understand fully all you will be required to do.
    Jean, I'm happy you're staying in touch with this debate as it is going "exactly" as I had hoped it would. I'm also so glad that you finally posted that in bold because it is an important statement as it is reflective "the key" and also "the entire contents" of the iron box, the real subject of the "missing paper" alluded to by the author. Read my next thread! "The Missing Paper."

7th Master

Feb 2015
    at home
    260 times
    C2 was quite simple to do, would that not be a diversion from the real ciphers?
    Cryptography likes this.

7th Master

Feb 2015
    at home
    260 times
    Just what I have seen that if you have a well hidden message with a message simply found as a diversion seems to work well! The original message found in 1863 +20 could be just disinformation to throw off someone trying to break the ciphers.

us
    Rev

Dec 2014
    LA
    299 times
    Just what I have seen that if you have a well hidden message with a message simply found as a diversion seems to work well! The original message found in 1863 +20 could be just disinformation to throw off someone trying to break the ciphers.
    I agree all of Beal's trust was in the Lawyer that was to send the letter from St Louis to Mr. Morriss . He did not trust anyone other than the Lawyer and Morriss for plan B . Plan A would be Beal or one of his people coming back and getting the box before 1832 . It would make sense that a simple cipher would be fake to hide the real cipher .
    franklin likes this.

us

Jun 2010
    8280 times
    I agree all of Beal's trust was in the Lawyer that was to send the letter from St Louis to Mr. Morriss . He did not trust anyone other than the Lawyer and Morriss for plan B . Plan A would be Beal or one of his people coming back and getting the box before 1832 . It would make sense that a simple cipher would be fake to hide the real cipher .
    Which is why he used Beall, Beale, Beal, etc., so that if it ever ended up in court his lawyer would never be able to clearly identify his client?

us
    Rev

Dec 2014
    LA
    299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Which is why he used Beall, Beale, Beal, etc., so that if it ever ended up in court his lawyer would never be able to clearly identify his client?
    He only used the name Beal in the decoded ciphers several times actually . Everyone has been spelling his name wrong .

us

Jun 2010
    8280 times
    He only used the name Beal in the decoded ciphers several times actually . Everyone has been spelling his name wrong .
    You mean YOU use the spelling Beal several times in your decoded solution.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links