Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Is Innis's possession of "the" iron box verifiable from an outside source, separate from her book?
Why would the Otey family give the iron box to Innis is another question that needs to be addressed.
Define "an outside source"; Otey family IS "outside source"... yes?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad we can't resurrect the dead, however, Franklin does have that time machine at the library.:laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... but we can apply the HART "method" of medium questioning.

Sure, we can apply anything we want, speculate and assume all we want, but it doesn't mean Innis applied any of it as part of her claim regarding the iron box. Can't prove what we can't prove no matter how hard we keep trying. :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
In this case, having the "box" and giving it to Innis, the Otey family become a part of the Innis story, therefore, not an "outside source".
Heh... I would RATHER that YOU spend MORE time telling us MORE of YOUR SOURCES for Alderman Thomas J. Beale in Jackson Ward, Richmond, Va. I can't find ANYTHING!

TN_Guest1523

Dec 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got in the book by Innis Gold in the Blue Ridge, hardback from 73.
I need to clean it up a bit looks like a 3 year old and a #2 had some fun.
Hope to fill in the gaps on the historical info I'm looking for.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got in the book by Innis Gold in the Blue Ridge, hardback from 73.
I need to clean it up a bit looks like a 3 year old and a #2 had some fun.
Hope to fill in the gaps on the historical info I'm looking for.
Did the 3 year old solve the ciphers with his #2?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Pauline Innis

Theories, sometimes we lose sight of what our theories actually conclude. In her book Pauline Innis makes claim that during her research and investigations into the Beale story that she had witnessed to the iron box and its contents, a pretty deciding claim, to say the least. Now obviously if she did actually see the iron box and its contents then this lends an incredible amount of credibility to the story, but did she actually see these items, or was she simply lying in order to add more credibility to the story and her book?

I, for one, believe that Innis fabricated her witnessing of the iron box and its contents but I only base this conclusion upon the fact that she failed to document the event in the form of pictures, which she claims wasn't permitted, yet she does manage one image of some random numbers on a piece of torn paper that is contrary to her claim that pictures weren't allowed. Maybe she was telling the truth, maybe she wasn't? Lacking all manner of evidence except her word who can really say for sure? ...
What Bigscoop mentioned is the major problem with those who have claimed to have seen items that have a connection to the Beale treasure story... be it an iron box or the "missing" Beale letter found in a family Bible- those making the claim are the only ones to have seen the item they mention.
That always raises concerns of validity, but Pauline Innis or Claudine Fulton Ellis.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Starting with the Beale Papers, then the Harts, Innis, and Ellis, the narrative stories are all based on ephemeral that only the author of the work has seen.
A very curious coincidence that all these letters, slips of number covered paper, and the obligatory iron box have all disappeared after their sighting by the authors.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Starting with the Beale Papers, then the Harts, Innis, and Ellis, the narrative stories are all based on ephemeral that only the author of the work has seen.
A very curious coincidence that all these letters, slips of number covered paper, and the obligatory iron box have all disappeared after their sighting by the authors.

if i had those documents with the box i would keep it a secret too. some things are a secret but they do exist.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
if i had those documents with the box i would keep it a secret too. some things are a secret but they do exist.
Secrets or the items that the above various authors based their Beale books on?
Not much of a secret when the items are written about and published in a book for sale for all to read, now is it, young Jack?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions