Status
Not open for further replies.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The epitaph is a manufacture of Jean Laf's own imagination just like his decipherment of the gillgolly strings. All fantasy. My decipherment is real and is correct.

I see on the web a man named Cole has his pages up for everyone to see. Are they fake too?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The epitaph is a manufacture of Jean Laf's own imagination just like his decipherment of the gillgolly strings. All fantasy. My decipherment is real and is correct.
"Death, that Grand Fret we fight, send me faith O Lord, we sow there as we set there, a of all rest dead it seems"-Laf

Makes no sense at all, grammar and syntax does not match that of provided DOI solved C2, doesn't fit the presented story in the narrative text, and is another example of a decoder finding what he expects to find.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see on the web a man named Cole has his pages up for everyone to see. Are they fake too?

Yes, I have a scan of what you posted this morning after looking it over I made an explanation as to why it is wrong. View attachment Code Wrong.pdf View attachment Code Wrong Explanation.pdf

This is after a couple of hours work there is more but I did not want to pursue it further. The decipherment I did about thirty years ago took three and one-half months twenty four seven.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and that link, M Poe, has nothing to do with the Beale story, in which, no epitaph appears except in the imagination of the frustrated decoder you keep mentioning, which I might add, seems to be your only purpose in posting.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a very common theme regarding the many cipher solutions over the years, most of them can be directly connected to a personal area of interest of the decoder. If someone is into astrology then their solution will be strongly formatted around that. If someone is strongly attached to religion then their solution will be strongly formatted around that, and so on and so on. This is a common repetitive theme that includes other areas of personal interest such as the Civil War, the KGC, Knight Templer, math, poetry, and a slew of others.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and that link, M Poe, has nothing to do with the Beale story, in which, no epitaph appears except in the imagination of the frustrated decoder you keep mentioning, which I might add, seems to be your only purpose in posting.

It is just the fact that it was a epitaph example of what you had in your post that you don't like it?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Codes/Ciphers are like that, then...? If you say so...
They can be so when no comparable examples exist. The person attempting to break it has to use something ,so their experience or interest's information tends to get used .

I can grasp a simple one like Caesar's code.
Or with time ,more complex ones,with an example to compare to/ with.
A cipher or code minus the key ,or keyword ; even with computer use gets old fast. For me anyway. Tried a couple with help. Blaah!

I've a notebook of manual toying that represents plenty of time ,with no results other than what does not work...

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a very common theme regarding the many cipher solutions over the years, most of them can be directly connected to a personal area of interest of the decoder. If someone is into astrology then their solution will be strongly formatted around that. If someone is strongly attached to religion then their solution will be strongly formatted around that, and so on and so on. This is a common repetitive theme that includes other areas of personal interest such as the Civil War, the KGC, Knight Templer, math, poetry, and a slew of others.
The Beatles WHITE ALBUM contains a key to decode Beale's C1 & C3, or was that...

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
These people are wrong... !!

[h=2]CODEBREAKER COMMENTS ABOUT BEALE CIPHERS[/h]
"lies rather beyond the range of possibility"- Col George Fabyan
"diabolical ingenuity, specifically designed to lure the unwary reader"- William Friedman
"nothing more or less than a hoax"- Elizabeth Smith Friedman
"the Beale treasure is likely to be a hoax, invented by whomever authored the Beale Papers"-
Dr Todd Mateer​
So far, with all the claimed "solved" Beale ciphers, all different with nothing in common, it looks like these people were right.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far, with all the claimed "solved: Beale ciphers, all different with nothing in common, it looks like these people were right.

Depends on which world one exist in....the real world or the one of their own making?

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...or of the "unknown author's" making.
It is amazing that for 130+ years many have accepted the word of an "unknown author" of a dime novel when there a total lack of evidence that can prove that the Beale Papers was anything more than a period adventure treasure story with added play along ciphers.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
...and after 130+ years none of the items that the original BEALE PAPERS story was built around, or the sequels by Hart, Innis, Ellis, have ever been produced as proof once a book was presented to the public.
Somehow these items always seem to disappear so one MUST accept the word of the author that what was presented is true, and not just "authentic statements" .

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can believe whatever you want just don't expect any of us to go along and believe it also.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What I have always found curious is this:
Including the original Beale Papers which are based on the "letters", every piece of evidence that various writers have based their "Beale" books, the items listed ALWAYS disappear, or get lost, and are never seen again once a book or pamphlet is published for sale.
It does appear to be an accepted pattern in all Beale story books.
...and that has always been a credibility hurdle- claimed provenance is only seen by the authors of the various Beale treasure story books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread